Help for character build

Altharos

First Post
Hi together,

I will soon start a game of D&D 4th. The new system study hard for me (just now). Players handbook contain a lot of class, a lot of kind.. I wanna create a character for arena fighting. I think striker is the best for this job :)

Which class and race suggest to me? (my character lvl 5)

Thx right now..

FrozenChrono

First Post
Is this arena 1v1 or for larger groups?

If it's 1v1 . . .

Elf Ranger

Go ranged and make sure you pump initiative to the max.

Con 11
Dex (18) 21
Wis (14) 17

Feats
Imp initiative
Greatbow prof
bow expertise

Powers
Daily 1 Hunts end
Daily 5 Splintering Shot
Encounter 3 Disruptive Strike

For a 1v1 you basic strategy will be

win initiative
Use a daily (make sure you pick ones with high damage)
use an action point
use your other daily
Use elven reroll if you miss with either one
If they still aren't dead you have a chance to win with your Interrupt encounter power
Victory!

This should be good enough to win you most fights. Unfortunately PvP isn't very balanced in this system, and it's mostly about who wins initiative in the first round.

Last edited:

Turtlejay

First Post
Not really a fan of this type of t hing, but depending on the arena, a Gnome might work well. Their racial ability allows a free hide check if you are hidden at the beginning of the encounter. Try Gnome Sorcerer.

Jay

renau1g

First Post
For one on one... definitely striker. One that is surprisingly good is a warlock, make sure you go Fey Pact and get the Eyebite. If you hit, the target can't see you, so he can't directly target you and even if he can guess what square you're in he takes a -5 to attack rolls. It targets Will and so should hit decently. Another option (oddly) is a wizard. An Orb-focused wizard with Sleep and an Orb penalty can really hurt the other guy with the save penalty. Unconscious foes don't hurt... But yeah typically strikers are the best. In a wide open arean, few will beat the ranger I think, but if you play a ranged character pick up a cloak of distortion (enemies further than 5 squares away take a -5 to attack rolls against you), in case of other archers...

renau1g

First Post
Some sorceror spells are close burst/blasts so they're not effected, but warlock are generally ranged (a few aren't though)...

LightPhoenix

First Post
You mentioned an arena fighter... do you mean something like a gladiator? Aside from the theme, is there anything in particular you want you character to be able to do? I seem to be getting the impression you want to go one on one versus an enemy... is this in melee, or from a distance?

Any other sort of flavor, or background?

Also, what books are you allowed to use or have to use?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases