Spells (+1 level of existing class) and Mystic Thurge/Arcane Heirophant ect

JustABill

First Post
I noticed some prestige classes offer "Spells Per Day" as +1 level of existing class, while others specify +1 level of existing arcane or divine class.

What I was thinking is that for those mentioning only "existing class", mystic thurge or a similar class could be designated as the existing class. Since the mystic thurge gains +1 existing arcane and +1 existing divine, gaining a level in say loremaster could gain you both arcane and divine spells, as well as the other benefits of the class.

To strech the point, a mystic thurge is an arcane casting class(and divine) so you might be able to do the same thing with the Archmage or similar classes.

Has this issue ever been dealt with? Before I waste more time on this, by trying to get something like endrich thurge into the mix, I want to know if this idea has been squashed...

JustABill

First Post
Well, I did not think it would work, but I am surprised at the reason why. It never occurred to me to think of the mystic thurge as a non-spell casting class, it gives you additional spells after all, but I see your point.

I figured there must be an errata somewhere I was missing.

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, I did not think it would work, but I am surprised at the reason why. It never occurred to me to think of the mystic thurge as a non-spell casting class, it gives you additional spells after all, but I see your point.

I figured there must be an errata somewhere I was missing.
Well, if you didn't do something like that, the Wizard-3/Cleric-3/Mystic Theurge-1 would be casting as a Wizard-13/Cleric-3 or a Cleric-13/Wizard-3 (by applying one of the Mystic Theurge's +1's to Mystic Theurge). Do 7th level spells at character level 7 seem broken to you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases