DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Shayuri

First Post
Ho ho ho

The key is, of course, a little feat called Ascetic Mage. It's in Complete Adventurer. It does several things, but the most crucial is that it swaps Charisma for Wisdom in the 'monk AC formula.' Helpfully, it also lets you count Sorceror levels as monk levels for the level based AC bonus.

Finally, it gives you a minor monk melee bonus to hit and damage by burning spell slots.

You can get some savage touch AC's going lategame with that.

But I admit, as I eye builds, that -1 caster level hurts in tender areas. It's the difference between starting with 4rth level spells or not.

The flavor of a sorcerous monk is kind of cool though. All martial arty magic. I need to check my books and see if Ascetic Mage will work with Swordsage. If so, that might be pretty cool.

I just dunno! It is difficult to choose! Especially because I need to be blastering.

Themewise, I'm going for 'raw magic.' Teleporting, telekinesis, and 'force' spells, preferentially. Ooo...that gives me an idea...

wysiwyg

First Post
Dakyras ("Waylander")
Neutral (Good) Human Male, Rogue 5 / Fighter 1 / Sword Sage 2
XP: 28,000

Languages: Common, Elven, Halfling

[sblock=Stats]
Strength 12 (+1) (Base 12)
Dexterity 20 (+5) (base 16, +2 item, +2 levels)
Constitution 14 (+2) (Base 14)
Intelligence 14 (+2) (Base 14)
Wisdom 14 (+2) (Base 14)
Charisma 12 (+1) (Base 12)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 170 lb
Eyes: Cold Gray
Hair: Brown
Skin: Tanned
[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Hit Points: 72

Initiative modifier: +6 = +5 [dexterity], +1 [Quick to Act +1]

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 22 = 10 + 5 [Chain Shirt +1] +2 [AC Bonus] + 5 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 17
Flat-footed: 22

Fortitude: +5/* = 3 [base], + 2 [constitution]
Reflex: +12 = 7 [base], + 5 [dexterity]
Will: +6/* = 4 [base], + 2 [wisdom]
* +12 when using Mind over Body
* +12 when using Moment of Perfect Mind

TWF Short Swords: +10 (1d6+7, 19-20/x2)
Against Undead:+12 (3d6+11, 19-20/x2)

MW Heavy Crossbow: +11 ( 1d10 , 19-20/x2, 120 ft)

Daggers: +11 ( 1d4+6, 19-20/x2, 10 ft)

Cumulative Modifiers:
Flanking: +4 (+3d6)
Assassin's Stance: +0 (+2d6)

Other
Attack (handheld): +6 = 5 [base] + 1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +10 = 5 [base] + 5 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 5 [base] + 1 [strength]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Feats]
Combat Reflexes
Weapon Finesse
Vexing Flanker
Shadow Blade
Two Weapon Fighting Style
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]
Move Silently +17 = +10 [ranks] +5 [stat] +2 [stealthy]
Hide +17 = +10 [ranks] +5 [stat] +2 [stealthy]
Concentration +12 = +10 [ranks] +2 [Con]
Spot +11 = +9 [ranks] +2 [stat]
Listen +11 = +9 [ranks] +2 [stat]
Climb +12 = +9 [ranks] +1 [stat] +2 [Climbing tools]
Disable Device +13 = +9 [ranks] +2 [stat] +2 [MW thieves' tools]
Open Lock +16 = +9 [ranks] +5 [stat] +2 [MW thieves' tools]
Gather Information +10 = +9 [ranks] +1 [stat]
Use Magical Device +10 = +9 [ranks] +1 [stat]
Balance +14 = +9 [ranks] +5 [stat]
Swim +10 = +9 [ranks] +1 [stat]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Abilities, Maneuvers & Stances]
Rogue
Sneak attack +3d6
Trap finding
Evasion
Uncanny dodge
Exchanged: Trap sense+1 for effective sneak attack vs. undead

Sword Sage
Quick to Act +1
Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus)
AC Bonus

Stances
Island of Blades - All adjacent foes to me and allies are flanked.
Assassin's Stance - Gain +2d6 to sneak attack damage.

Manuevers
*Shadow Jaunt - Teleport 50' through shadows as standard action.
*Shadow Garrote - Ranged touch attack deals 5d6 damage
*Moment of Perfect Mind - Use Concentration check instead of Will save
*Mind over Body - Use Concentration check instead of Fortitude save
Cloak of Deception - Turn invisible until end of turn
Action Before Thought - Use Concentration check instead of Reflex save
Fan of the Flames - Ranged touch attack deals 6d6 fire damage
* Readied maneuvers
[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]
2x Bane Short swords +1: 16,000 gp
MW Heavy Crossbow (20 bolts): 352 gp
5x Daggers: 5 gp
Mithral Chain Shirt +1: 1,100 gp
Gloves of Dexterity +2: 4,000 gp
Handy Haversack: 2,000 gp
Ring of Sustenance: 2,500 gp
Healing Belt: 750 gp

Bedroll, blanket (winter),
Crowbar, Hammer, Flint & Steel,
Small steel mirror, Oil (2 flasks),
Rope (50 ft. hemp), Soap (1 lb.),
Torches (10), Climber's kit,
MW Thieves' tools 205 gp, 2 sp

Wealth
In haversack: 8pp, 10gp, 12sp

Carry Capacity
Light load: 43 lb.
Medium load: 44-86 lb.
Heavy load: 87-130 lb.
Lift over head: - 130 lb.
Lift off ground: - 260 lb.
Push or drag: - 650 lb.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Additional Sources Used]
1. Player's Handbook II
2. Tome of Battle - Book of Nine Swords
3. Magic Item Compendium (Healing belt)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
The falcon swooped over the mountain peaks of Halrathen. The drizzle just barely impeding her flight through the bleak late afternoon. It would soon reach the only clearing at the bottom of this hostile land – the village of Forchmore. The village was barely populated. It’s only purpose to serve as the last way station for those crossing to Kilron Athorah, a two week journey through the dangerous mountain path. The falcon landed on her usual perch of a barely functioning store, screeching once to announce her arrival. Yameen, a grossly overweight and bored storekeeper of over forty winters, wheezed to the outside porch of his store, excusing himself from the only customer he has seen for days. Even in the fading light he could see the expensive ring around the falcon’s left leg. The ring is probably worth more than I will make in this lifetime. Probably more than what my children would earn too. He knew better than to try and take the ring, or anything else that belonged to the Grey man. He quickly fed the bird some short strips of chicken. As the falcon tore into the meat, he reached into his apron’s pocket and produced a small sealed leather tube and tied it carefully to the other leg. My fee will come later he consoled himself. The bird finished its meal quickly and flew off without a backward glance nor any recognition of gratitude.
The bird flew effortlessly back across the mountain clearing the peaks for a second time, ascending ever higher. Within half an hour, as the last rays of light were fading, its sharp eyes sighted the bustling city of Kilron Athorah and the small islands within its large lagoon. It sped towards one of those islands, the isle of Dorona. This was a privately owned island, bought off in gems by a rich nobleman a few years past. Landing in a private garden within the island’s palace the bird rested upon a short pedestal, shaking her wings from the rain. Within moments an elderly man came to her and took her to her cage within the mansion. Removing the small tube, the elderly man waded through several corridors until he reached a large ornate door. Looking down both sides of the corridor, the old man knocked twice in rapid procession, than four times at slower rate, and than once more before entering. The room inside was lavishly decorated with thick exotic rugs, heavy wooden furniture and well lit by several golden braziers. A middle aged man dressed in a dark blue satin robe fastened by a silver belt was sitting behind his desk scribbling on a scroll. Without looking up from his work, he tapped on a silver bowl with his quill. The elderly servant placed the tube inside the bowl, bowed and left the room as swiftly and silently as he had come. After the servant left the room, the Grey one stopped what he was preoccupied with and opened the tube. Inside were twenty small diamonds and a short one line note reading – “Baron Thymor of Ermos – Waylander”.
“Waylander”, mused the Grey man, whom some think is nothing but a loose demon, a blood drinker, a vicious killer. Not many knew the secret of Dakyras or Waylander as he was known for the call of the assassin. The Grey man was in fact the only man alive who knew the tale. Here was an unusual man for this profession. He was not driven by greed, violence, or power like the other assassins in the Grey man’s employ. The man was soulless – not evil but lacking a soul. After the brutal slaying of his wife and two children his only ambition was to find the bandits responsible, and eliminate them one by one. For four years Waylander scoured the continent finding seven of the eleven men and ruthlessly slaying them. Some of them were no different than the scoundrels they were when they did the foul deed. Some of them settled down and started families of their own. It did not matter to Waylander, his revenge was settled in blood and only in blood. The man would take on other cases to fund his search and kill mission. Most of the assassins the Grey man knew were cowards, afraid that justice would soon befall them in turn. They would refuse dangerous or complicated tasks for fear of the noose. Or too stupid to be afraid, believing in their mastery in the art of death as a source for their immortality. Not so Dakyras. He had no fear of death, for he died a long time ago. And on the day of his death Waylander was born. You are so good at what you do Waylander that sometimes I wonder if Dakyras was ever real or just skin waiting to be shed. But what will you be when all your targets have been sent to the netherworld? Will you still remain the killer you were meant to be or fade into the dark horrors of history? Well, until then you shall make me rich for your reputation brings more cash than three of your colleagues. Dipping his quill once more he quickly scribbled the name of the next victim.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
cheshire_grin: OK nitpicking your character (Shayuri can help here):
[sblock]
Height: 3' 7", and in your Appearance tab you say: Peth is short even for a gnome; From Races of Stone: Whisper gnomes are slightly taller than other gnomes, standing between 3-1/2 and 4 feet tall. So actually he is "just right" for his race :)

Attack: Handheld - one extra plus sign there, just a typo.

Skills:
Blueshine grants you a +5 circumstance bonus to hide. Also, you haven't taken the Skill Trick we discussed.

Feats: I've OKd all of them. However you have four out of three regular feats, and have one free feat (scribe scroll). Archivist gains a free feat at level 10.

As it is right now, you can have three regular feats, one free from Archivist 1 (scribe scroll), and one free 2/2 feat as per house rule for using an ECL 0 race. (A 2/2 feat is one of the following: Acrobatic, Agile, Alertness, Animal Affinity, Athletic, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Diligent, Investigator, Magical Aptitude, Negotiator, Nimble Fingers, Persuasive, Self-Sufficient, Stealthy) At level 9 you will gain your next feat.

Languages: Add Terran alongside Gnome and Common as base languages.

Spells: You have incorrectly applied the + 1 bonus for 16 WIS to the level 4 spells. The bonus (as per PHB table 1-1) you get are +1 for levels 1 to 3. I see that you have prepared only three, so it's probably a typo. BTW good call on Balor Nimbus, you'll need it! :)

Items: Please add in weight, we need to know your encumbarance level. Also, factor in Armor Check Penalty in the appropriate skills. I will review your items after weight has been added. Also, what is the source for Lesser Iron Ward Diamond?

Backgraound: Very good! This is what i had hoped for to get in RP skills from my players.[/sblock] The other characters will be reviewed tomorrow or during the weekend, but i have some other things to deal with as well (probably finding a new place to rent :/ ) Sometimes i hate IRL.

wysiwyg: you can see that my format uses a lot of color/bolding :) To get the best results just quote my post to get the code, and then edit the appropriate fields. Or if you like put in the colors/bolding on your new post. I also require all skills to be listed with the appropriate bonuses/penalties, please.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Well, since I didn't get any input from the rest of the crew here, I'm most probably going to go with a Paladin(Rhun convinced me, lol). I foresee one major problem.

Once I take levels in Warshaper, I'll be forever barred from taking additional levels in Paladin.

Frankly, I'm rather stumped as a RAW way to avoid this problem as a Paladin, unless PrC's don't count for the "Paladin's can't take additional levels in this class" clause, but I'm pretty sure they do.

Anyone have a possible solution?

jager0727

First Post
here's the completed sheet, once again I apologize for the delay. Let me know what you think and if you find anything thatdoesn't add up right, sometimes when I put things like this together I mis read something or am off in my calculations so a second set of eyes is always great.

Sensalar "Druid of the Blighted Glade" (Druid5/Master of Radiance2)
[sblock]
Sansalar
"Druid of the Blighted Glade"
Neutral Good Male Aasimar (+1LA) Druid 5 / Master of Radiance 2 (from Libris Mortis)
Patron Deity: none (worships the forces of nature)
EXP: 28000

Strength 14 (+2) (6pt buy)
Dexterity 16 (+3) (10pt buy)
Constitution 16 (+3) (6pt buy, +1 lvl 4, +1 lvl 8)
Intelligence 10 (0) (2pt buy)
Wisdom 18 (+4) (10pt buy, + 2 racial)
Charisma 12 (+1) (2pt buy, + 2 racial)

Size: Medium
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 205 lb
Eyes: metallic looking blue eyes
Hair: silver
Skin: lightly tanned caucasian

Appearance
[sblock]
Tall and broadly built, Sensalar posseses an unearthly air and fine features, but years of living amongst the wilds and a
single-minded purpose which recently entered his life makes him seem aloof and difficult to approach. Gruff even before his
life changed, recent events have done nothing to help his social skills. He posseses blue eyes which upon close inspection
have an almost metallic quality to them and silver hair that reflects the light as if made of steel. His skin is a fading tan
that was much darker until his recent dedication to finding the creatures of the night, and starting to appear weathered from
years in the wilds. He speaks in a soft but deep and compelling voice that borders on a growl when he speaks at all. He cares
little anymore for the care of his clothing and has possesed the samebrown and green traveling outfit for many years though it
has started revealing signs of heavy wear and is patched and restitched haphazardly in many places. He keeps his scimitar clearly
visible and well maintained and carries a gnarled walking stick which doubles as a quarterstaff at need.
[/sblock]

Total Hit Points: 77 (7D8 + 3/lvl Con bonus of 21)

Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 19 = 10 + 4 [wildwood chainmail] +1 [ring of protection +1] + 3 [dexterity] +1 [Darkwood buckler]
Touch AC: 14
Flat-footed: 17

Special:
[sblock]
Radiant Aura: provides bright illumination in a 30ft radius around character, shadowy illumination 30ft further
free action to activate, Master of Radiance casts light descriptor spells at +2 caster level while
within aura. Undead suffer a -2 to attack, damage and saving throw rolls within aura. 1/day, lasts 1 min.

Turn Undead: as cleric of same level as Master of Radiance level (stacks with any other class which provides turning
as a class feature)

Searing Light:As a standard action while radiant aura is active 1/round. treated as +2 to caster level.(Master of radiance)

Daylight:As spell 1/day. caster level equal to class levels (Aasimar trait)

Shapeshift:(PHB 2 alternate druid class feature) Shapeshift at will into nature-oriented or animal forms.
supernatural ability as a swift action. retain normal hit dice, hit points, BAB, saving throw bonuses and skills
retain normal ability scores except where noted in individual form entries.
predator form:usually a wolf or panther. gain primary bite 1D6, 5 ft. reach, +4 strength, natural armor +4,
50ft. base land speed. gain mobility as a bonus feat while in form at 4th level.
aerial form:5th level form, traditionally, eagle, vulture or bat. Gain 1D6 primary talon attack,
5ft. reach, +2 strength, +2 reflex save bonus, +2 natural armor, fly speed 40ft. (good).
do not gain wildshape feature or animal companion
will put in further forms pending obtainment of required level

Spontaneous Rejuvenation:(PHB 2 alternate druid class feature) spend standar action and sacrifice a prepared spell. All allies
within 30ft. including self gain fast healing equal to sacrificed spells level for 3 rounds.
do not gain ability to spontaneously cast summon natures ally spells

Standard Druid Class Features:nature sense, wild empathy, woodland stride, trackles step, resist nature's lure

Energy Resistance: acid, cold, electricity/5 (racial)
[/sblock]

Caster Level: 7
Spell DC: 10 + Spell Level + 4 (Wis)

Initiative modifier: + 3 = + 3 [dexterity]

Fortitude save: + 10 = 7 [base] + 3 [constitution]
Reflex save: + 4 = 1 [base] + 3 [dexterity]
Will save: + 11 = 7 [base] + 4 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld): +6 = 4 [base] + 2 [strength]
Attack (missile): +7 = 4 [base] + 3 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 4 [base] + 2 [strength]

Light load: 58 lb.
Medium load: 59-116 lb.
Heavy load: 117-175 lb.
Lift over head: 175 lb.
Lift off ground: 325 lb.
Push or drag: 875 lb.

Languages: Common, Celestial, Druidic

Feats
[sblock]
Natural Spell: cast in shapeshifted form
Educated: all knowledge skills as class, +1 to two selected skills
Sacred Vengeance: +2D6 melee attack vs undead till end of round, costs a turning attempt.(Libris Mortis)
[/sblock]

Skills
[sblock]
4 + Int/lvl both classes
Appraise + 0 = +0 [Int]
Balance + 3 = 3 [Dex]
Bluff + 1 = + 1 [Cha]
Climb + 2 = + 2 [Str]
Concentration + 9 = + 6 [base] + 3 [Con]
Craft
Decipher Script
Diplomacy + 1 = + 1 [Cha]
Disguise + 1 = + 1 [Cha]
Escape Artist + 3 = + 3 [Dex]
Forgery
Gather Information + 1 = + 1 [Cha]
Handle Animal + 1 = + 1 [Cha]
Heal + 10 = + 16 [base] + 4 [Wis]
Hide + 3 = 3 [Dex]
Intimidate + 1 = 1 [Cha]
Jump + 2 = + 2 [Str]
Knowledge (nature) + 9 = 8 [base] + 1 [feat]
Knowledge (Religion) + 5 = + 5 [base] +1 [feat]
Listen + 10 = + 4 [base] + 4 [Wis} + 2 [racial]
Move Silently + 3 = 3 [Dex]
Ride + 3 = 3 [Dex]
Search
Spot + 10 = + 4 [base] + 4 [Wis] + 2 [racial]
Sense Motive + 4 = + 4 [Wis]
Spellcraft + 7 = + 7 [base]
Survival + 4 = + 4 [Wis]
Swim + 2 = + 2 [Str]
Use Rope + 3 = +3 [Dex]
[/sblock]

Spells
[sblock]
Known Spells:
Druid list

Spells/Day
0 level: 5
1 level: 4 = 3 + 1 [Wis]
2 level: 4 = 3 + 1 [Wis]
3 level: 3 = 2 + 1 [Wis]
4 level: + 1 [Wis]
5 level:
6 level:
7 level:
8 level:
9 level:

Prepared spells: need to update
0 level:
1 level:
2 level:
3 level:
4 level:
5 level:
6 level:
7 level:
8 level:
9 level:
[/sblock]

Turn Undead: As a level 2 Cleric (Master of Radiance class feature)
4 times/day (3 + 1 [Cha])
turning Check = 1D20 + 1 [Cha]
Turning Damage = 2D6 + 2 (class level) + 1 [Cha]

Level Advancement
[sblock]
1: Druid - Concentration + 4, Heal + 4, Knowledge (nature) +4, Listen +4
shapeshift, nature sense, wild empathy
Feat: Educated

2: Druid - Spellcraft + 4
woodland stride

3: Druid - Spot + 4
Feat: Natural Spell

4: Druid - Con raised to 15
Knowledge (religion) + 4
trackless step

5: Druid - Concentration + 2, Knowledge (religion) +1, Heal + 1

6: Master of Radiance - Heal +1, Knowledge (nature) +2, Spellcraft + 1
radiant aura 1/day, turn undead
Feat: Sacred Vengeance

7: Master of Radiance - Spellcraft + 2, Knowledge (nature) +2,

Totals:
BAB +4 (+3: Druid/+1: Master of Radiance), Fort +7 (4: Druid/1: Master of Radiance),
Ref +1 (1: Druid/0: Master of Radiance), Will +7 (4: Druid/3: Master of Radiance)
Concentration + 6, Knowledge (nature) +8, Knowledge (religion) +5, Spellcraft +7, Heal +6, Listen +4, Spot +4
[/sblock]

Aasimar
[sblock]
* +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution.
* Outsider (native)
* Medium: As Medium creatures, sun elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
* Base land speed is 30 feet.
* Darkvision: 60 feet
* Daylight: An Aasimar can use Daylight once per day as a first level caster or a caster of his class level, whichever is higher.
* Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5 due to their celestil blood
* +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
* Automatic Languages: Common and Celestial. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling and Sylvan
* Favored Class: Paladin
* Level Adjustment: +1
[/sblock]

Master of Radiance
[sblock]
Master of radiance is a five level PrC from Libris Mortis. It grants a turn undead ability which stacks with any existing class
possessing the feature. A BAB progression of +0,+1,+2,+3,+3, Fort and Will progressions of +2,+3,+3,+4,+4, and a Ref progression of
+0,+0,+1,+1,+1. 1D8/lvl hit dice, 4+Int/lvl skill points, and a +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class for level 2-5. Special class features
are listed under special abilities.
[/sblock]

Equipment
[sblock]
Wild Wildwood Chainmail = 9600 gold/30 lbs, AC +4
(wild enchantment = 9000, wildwood material chainmail from Races of the Wild = 600)
wildwood: 10 Hp/inch of thickness, hardness 6, heals 1 point of damage per 24 hours if exposed to sunlight for 1 hour/day, 5 points if
soaked in at least 1 gallon water per day, non-magical
wild: wild type equipment shapechanges with wearer and provides AC bonuses in animal form if armor
and it's fun to say

Darkwood Buckler = 190 gold/2.5 lbs AC +1
Darkwood: confers no additional benefits but items made of this material weigh 1/2 of normal weight, have 10 HP/ inch of thickness and hardness 5

Flaming Quarterstaff = 2000 gold/4 lbs (quarterstaff two-handed/ 1d6/1d6/ crit x2/ bludgeoning)
Flaming: a flaming weapon can, on command, become sheathed in fire which does the user no harm, but deal an extra 1D6 fire damage on a successful hit
another command returns the weapon to normal

Ghost Touch Scimitar = 2015 gold/4 lbs (one-handed/ 1d6/ crit 18-20 x2/ slashing)
Ghost Touch: A ghost touch weapon deals damage normally against incorporeal creatures ignoring an incorporeal creatures 50% miss chance. It can also be handled normally by an incorporeal creature
against corporeal foes. Essentially, it funtions as either corporeal or incorporeal at any time, whichever is more beneficial to the wielder.

Sling = negligable cost/weight (missile/ 1d4/ crit x2/ bludgeoning/ range 50ft)

Hewards Handy Haversack = 2000 gold/5 lbs.
Appears as a normal backpack with two sidepockets but each funtions as a bag of holding. The two side pockets can hold 2 cubic feet of material or 20 pounds in weight,
the central pocket can hold 8 cubic feet of material or 80 lbs. The bag's weight remains 5 lbs.

Ring of Protection +1 = 2000 gold
Provides a +1 to AC

Periapt of Health = 7500 gold
Renders wearer immune to all types of disease including those which are supernatural in origin

Bedroll = 1 silver/5 lbs (negated by Haversack)
Flint and Steel = 1 gold
Waterskin = 1 gold/4 lbs (negated by haversack)
Hempen Rope 50 feet = 1 gold/10 lbs. (negated by haversack)
Holly and mistletoe= no cost/negligable weight divine focus
Worn Travelers Outfit = 1 gold/5 lbs.
_____
Total:25,309 gold, 1 silver/50.5 lbs.

GP on person: 1690 gold, 9 silver
[/sblock]

religious views
[sblock]
Sensalar pays homage first and foremost to the forces of nature and the order of untouched world. He does however pay at least a cursory
respect to any god who maintains ties to nature, good or protection with a special respect for gods of the sun and those who abhor unlife,
though by no means can it be called devotion.
[/sblock]

background
[sblock]
Sensalar is a descendant of a long-forgotten half-celestial paladin named Erykul whose memory is preserved amongst his line. In tribute
to this ancestor, the men of Sensalar's family have a tradition of entering the church or becoming protectors of the world around them.
They usually enter the service of some good deity, but he is far from the first of his line to devote their life to preserving the natural
world as guardians of nature, acting more to help balance the intelligent races of the world's actions with the needs of the land which
provides their lifeblood.
His family's dedication to preserving the tenets of their celestial forefathers' homelands in the prime material world have led those who
have chosen to walk the path of the druid to be more sociable with the denizens of developed lands, often helping them to meet their own
needs without doing harm to the land. Although a sort of black sheep of their family, they are still accepted within their clans ranks as a
sort of eccentric but loved member.
Sensalar spent many years peacefully doing his dut as he saw it, learning the secrets of the druids with only minor issues and the occasional
incursion by peasants, usually resolved once he showed them a more effective way to utilize the land and it's creatures. This fairly benign
existance came to a close one day when a powerful necromancer decided the rural forest, and specifically the glade Sensalar called home, would
be ideal as a base in which to pursue his corrupted studies away from prying eyes. Although Sensalar was unhappy with this arrangement, deeming
necromancy to be an evil art which broke the natural cycles of life and death, there was little he could do against such a powerful foe, and he
decided it best to simply continue his vigilance around the dread wizard so long as he restricted his activities to studies and experiments
that didn't harm the surrounding area.
This arrangement lasted for only a few short years however. Soon the wizard began studying the undead in an attempt to discover the secrets of
immortality. In time, the forest became overrun with the beings the mage had summoned or created there and the once peaceful area transformed
a place of safety and beauty to one feared and avoided by any who had heard of it. Sensalar began to focus on the natural powers of the light to
affect these creature but was unable to combat the scourge single hand. He was soon driven from the forest to search for help with the priests
and warriors of his family.
After a year of training and urging is kinfolk to action, Sensalar returned to the find the forest gone, with only a desolate, rocky plain where
he had once been so happy. After speaking with the surrounding farmers, a strange tale emerged. The simple peasants claimed that late one night an
unnatural fog descended throughout the outskirts of the forests and the next day, those who ventured out to hunt or gather plants on the edges of
the dark forest found only desolation where fear had once reigned. Sensalar has since dedicated his life to discovering what happened to his home
and studying and combating unlife wherever it rears it's head. Hearing of the infestation in Angelwatch, he has traveled there to offer his services
in the hopes of finding answers of his own.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
wysiwyg: you can see that my format uses a lot of color/bolding :) To get the best results just quote my post to get the code, and then edit the appropriate fields. Or if you like put in the colors/bolding on your new post. I also require all skills to be listed with the appropriate bonuses/penalties, please.

I listed all bonuses and don't have any penalties. I need to edit my sheet anyways as I left out some vital information that I had in the original post.

BTW, I noticed on your profile that you're from Europe. Wouldn't be from England by any chance? Reason I'm asking, cause I'm South African, and I need to have one post were I can spell armour, colour correctly.

Myth and Legend

First Post
I use British spelling (and I'm annoyed at the site trying to correct armour and colour for me) but that's only because i was taught English by teachers that spoke/wrote British english and used textbooks from Oxford (that was in grades 1 to 7). Nowadays, as i've worked in a US company and spoke to customers over the phone for a year and a half, i have an American accent but still at least write properly. Plus the British accent is hard for me (i went there last fall - dear Lord I couldn't make out what they said half the time)

Oh, and I'm actually from Bulgaria in case you were wandering. :)

Remove ads