Give me the idea, I build the race

Flipguarder

First Post
I always wanted to play a ghost. Not really undead in the necrotic magic sense, but more "soul wandering around attempting to atone for past sins" kind of ghost.

Let's see other ideas....

Treants
Sentient golem (like warforged but more elemental and has different "paths" like genasi based on what they are made of.)
Illurien from 3.5 MM V but as a race (water people basically
Illithids
Vampires.

Mentat55

First Post
I'd be interested to see your approach to races that include some of these problematic features:

--Large or tiny race
--More than 2 functional hands / arms
--Flying
--Senses beyond low-light vision and darkvision
--Ability score modifiers > +2

However, I don't have any particular races in mind at the moment. But I look forward to seeing your work!

ceiling90

First Post
Miraluka; I really want to know how that would work. Since they're technically blind, save for that whole seeing through the Force. How would you treat them?

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'd be interested to see your approach to races that include some of these problematic features:

--Large or tiny race
--More than 2 functional hands / arms
--Flying
--Senses beyond low-light vision and darkvision
--Ability score modifiers > +2

However, I don't have any particular races in mind at the moment. But I look forward to seeing your work!

I like all those ideas ;-) I have a flying race Eaglines in mind and yes they can start out hovering .... but only able to levitate and get stronger as they grow and yes they should have improved range of vision... distance. Some of them actually specialize in flying and others in vision... not sure what attributes might be best .... wisdom for the seer and dex for the flier? They have feathers for hair.

willows

First Post
Let's start with golems.

Golem
We stood in defense of the defenseless, until even we could not save them.

Racial Traits
Ability Scores: +2 Con, +2 Wis
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonus: +2 History, +2 Insight
Living Construct: as the Warforged trait

Soul Scripture: Two parts comprise a golem: the soul scripture and the sculptureflesh. You do not need to sleep, and instead the scripture containing your animating spirit must be removed from the sculptureflesh for 4 hours to gain the benefits of an extended rest. While in this state, you are unaware of your surroundings and your sculptureflesh has the characteristics of a lifeless statue. Most golems carry their soul scripture in their mouths or behind doors in their chests.

Sculptureflesh: Choose one type of sculptureflesh to possess. (You may acquire additional bodies with the use of the Awaken Golem ritual.) Each type offers particular benefits.

Marbleflesh: Marbleflesh is ageless, classical, idealized. You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense and resist 5 (10 at 11th, 15 at 21st) poison. Your identity is masked; in order to identify you as a specific person, an onlooker makes an Insight check opposed by your Bluff check with a +5 bonus.

Claybody: Claybody is primordial, elemental, beloved. You gain resist 5 fire, and the Walls of Clay power.

Ironsand Casting: Ironsand casting is hot, bright, new. You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Fortitude defense and improve your unarmed attack damage to 1d8.

Walls of Clay - Golem racial power
You stalwartly defend an ally.
Encounter
Move Action
Melee 1
Target: One ally
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, any enemy attacking the target grants combat advantage to you.

Notes and details:

- I'll leave it to you to write up the golem-creation rituals.
- A golem's soul scripture can't be separated from its sculptureflesh without its consent.
- Soul scriptures and sculptureflesh aren't permanently bound; a soul scripture can animate any sculptureflesh that it is placed in.
- More than one soul scripture can be placed in a sculptureflesh. Only one animates the flesh at any given time; this is always the first scripture placed inside. If more than one are placed in a sculptureflesh at once, the one with the highest initiative roll wins control. The non-dominant scriptures retain the inseparability benefit described above, and share the dominant soul's perceptions.

Squidpeople or sapient octopus. Not Mind Flayers (though it's okay if they are psionic).
Amphibious squids, about halfling to human sized, with 8 arms/tentacles. I tend to assume 4 "long/strong" tentacles for movement, and 4 for fine manipulation.
I assume they are good climbers, jumpers and swimmers.

My only mechnical demand is that they are not overpowered - of course - and that their racial abilities evoke the feeling of a squid intelligent enough to develop and use tools, clothing (if deemed necessary), weapons, housings and so on - and still have the physiological properties of a squid.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases