Pathfinder 1E Tome of Horrors: Pathfinder Edition

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I noticed on Paizo's website that Necromancer Games is definitely going to be supporting Pathfinder with a new version of Tome of Horrors.

My question is, what do you want in such a book? Do you want a 'best of the best version' with content from ToH, ToH II, and ToH II? Or would you prefer new content mixed with older v.3.5 content?

Personally, I think it wouldbe great if Necromancer Games would let the fans vote for the monsters that go into Tome of Horrors: Pathfinder Edition.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Voting would be kind of fun! Especially since Paizo has already updated some beasties from ToH (in the Bonus Bestiary and Bestiary).

Personally, I'd vote to include the rest of the older edition conversions.

Twowolves

Explorer
At the minimum, I'd want to see every monster they used from the ToH(s) in their adventures to date, AND a PRPG version of all the templates they used from the Advanced Bestiary as an appendix.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Why? ToH is 3.5, which is compatible with Pathfinder.

Isn't it also out of print?

If so, some minor rules revisions, put the statblocks in PF format and it's good to go. Plus it would allow more people access to a book that has some monsters used in a module I contributed to (which referenced ToH rather than reprinting the statblock therein).

ruemere

Adventurer
[...]
Personally, I think it wouldbe great if Necromancer Games would let the fans vote for the monsters that go into Tome of Horrors: Pathfinder Edition.

I would prefer if 80% of the content was decided by designers, though. Surprises are fun.

Secondly, I do hope that PFRPG ToH monsters will be designed/converted according to PFRPG principles. For example, the explanation for Allip changes was very sound - I would hate to see the same issue as with Allip of 3.5 [1]

[1] Allip 3.5 was good enough for its CR with regard to its combat ability, however it was likely to inflict lasting damage. The party of appropriate level would have to burn additional resources to deal with that damage (and by default those resources were somewhat beyond the level of such party).

Regards,
Ruemere

dm4hire

Explorer
Having a vote for what should be include doesn't mean they have to tell us what the final outcome is, at least not until the book releases. That would be a surprise.

Why? ToH is 3.5, which is compatible with Pathfinder.

Errr... Unless they did a whole other print job later, my ToH is 3.0. There was an update done in pdf to 3.5 but I don't know if that ever actually saw print.

3.0 to 3.5 to Pathfinder is starting to stretch things a bit. Not saying it's unusable, just... starting to stretch a bit is all.

Besides... *shrug* ... gamers love buying new things. Especially monster books.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases