The Council of Thieves AP

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone else out there looking at running the Council of Thieves AP? I was going to wait until I had the entire path and supplements before running this - dependent upon our group completing my Age of Worms campaign in time. I have to say that everything seems to be pointing towards this one being a classic. What are your thoughts and opinions?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

DM_Jeff

Explorer
My group intends to start it in January 2010 when all the books are out. Supposedly there was a quote about how the city would be "continually developed" over the 6 books, so I want all that to fiddle with before beginning.

-DM Jeff

Serphet

First Post
I'm starting it soon actually. I was going to run CotCT but now that the full PF rules are out and such, I want to stick to the PFRPG content. (I also actually paid for this stuff).

Anyways this will be my first return to 3.x since I went 4e. Wish me luck!

ps: Long live the children of Westcrown!

Rienen

First Post
My group intends to start it in January 2010 when all the books are out. Supposedly there was a quote about how the city would be "continually developed" over the 6 books, so I want all that to fiddle with before beginning.

-DM Jeff

This would by why I waited on the Legacy of Fire. So much good material came out during the production of the AP, I'm glad I waited till now to run it.

Gorbacz

Banned
Banned
I always run APs after I have all the books. This way, I know the whole storyline and can plan ahead, and no worries about accidentally killing off some NPC who becomes important 3 adventures later :)

Primal

First Post
I ordered the books at my FLGS, and they haven't received them yet, so I can't comment on the adventures yet. Like others, I'm probably going to wait until all the books are out before running this AP. Most likely I'm going to start with 'Crypt of the Everflame' as soon as I'll get it (i.e. as soon as my FLGS receives my copy). I have even contemplated using the monsters from the Bestiary Preview to run a sort of introductory adventure, but I suspect that CotE includes some of them, so I won't probably do it...

Arnwyn

First Post
Eventually, but our group would never dream of running an AP until all the volumes are out.

It looks very interesting. The map of the city is crap and far below Paizo's normal standards, but everything else looks good so far. There definitely looks to be very interesting situations coming up, especially in Vol 2 (something close to the old Dungeon adventure "Legerdemain", way back in Dungeon #39).

johnnype

First Post
Is it me or did the Pathfinder product lineup change a bit recently. I see the 6 AP's and the Companion but I thought there was also going to be a Chronicles book on Cheliax (which I can't find any more) as well as two supplements detailing the Devils of Golarion (I now only see one). Maybe I was dreaming.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases