No August SoW?

MrMyth

First Post
I haven't played or tracked SoW at all, but I recall seeing this discussed on another forum - apparently, the theory was that there was a one month break as the series transitioned from Paragon to Epic, and someone said the same thing happened when it went from Heroic to Paragon.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I haven't played or tracked SoW at all, but I recall seeing this discussed on another forum - apparently, the theory was that there was a one month break as the series transitioned from Paragon to Epic, and someone said the same thing happened when it went from Heroic to Paragon.

Not quite, they substituted a side trek adventure between the Heroic and Paragon tier but called it part of the AP, even though its plot had nothing really to do with it. If I remember correctly, it was not received very well, though I thought the adventure itself had some cool parts.

malraux

First Post
Not quite, they substituted a side trek adventure between the Heroic and Paragon tier but called it part of the AP, even though its plot had nothing really to do with it. If I remember correctly, it was not received very well, though I thought the adventure itself had some cool parts.

How could one tell? As a player, I've found the adventures loosely connected at best, though the paragon tier might be better.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
Not quite, they substituted a side trek adventure between the Heroic and Paragon tier but called it part of the AP, even though its plot had nothing really to do with it.(snip)

Um, this is Scales of War. I don't think any of the adventures are, at best, anything more than loosely connected to the overarching plot.

One of the biggest criticisms I have read (and written) about this pseudo-Adventure Path is that there is no plot, just random grab-bags of monsters plopped down in interesting locations with a small covering of prose to link each adventure into the ones that have gone before.

Ahhh, Paizo, how we miss you in 4E....

sotp_seamus

First Post
Why? Are you at a point in the SoW campaign where you need the newest one?

No. As someone else said, that would be a Herculean undertaking. I'm just concerned because, although I know my subscription will run out before the AP is up, this means, without a doubt, I will have to pony up for the subscription, as I know my players want to see this thing through.

Also, I want to read through this for myself, since every chapter I've read helps me run things better.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Um, this is Scales of War. I don't think any of the adventures are, at best, anything more than loosely connected to the overarching plot.

One of the biggest criticisms I have read (and written) about this pseudo-Adventure Path is that there is no plot, just random grab-bags of monsters plopped down in interesting locations with a small covering of prose to link each adventure into the ones that have gone before.

Ahhh, Paizo, how we miss you in 4E....

I think the first few adventures feel a bit disjointed (though there is clearly a running storyline), but starting in the late heroic tier adventures, the storyline becomes much clearer and prominent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases