Subscribing to Dragon and Dungeon magazines

hellbender

First Post
To subscribers to these magazines:
I am a new subscriber to both, and I am already wondering if this was a smart move. Having happily bought these magazines for years (from issue #67 on Dragon, I bought Dungeon sporadically until 3E) off the newsstands, I decided to subscribe. Issue #300 of Dragon arrived dinged up, and Dungeon just arrived, bent dinged, in a mostly shredded plastic bag.
Is this normal? I know that suscribing saves money, but at the cost of quality? I am going to reserve complaining to Paizo until the second issues of each arrive, but for now, I am a bit bewildered.

hellbender

Crothian

First Post
I have never had a Dragon Magizine arrive in anything but perfect condition. And as an added bonus about two or three times a year I get multiple copies to give away to my friends.

Churchill

First Post
No problem here...

I've had a subscripton to Dragon for abut a year-and-a-half now, and I haven't had any problems with the mags showing up all dinged.

However, back in the late 70's I had subscriptions to two comic books (Amazing Spider-Man and Howard the Duck, if anyone's curious), and THOSE almost always got folded in half - forcing me to buy a "mint" copy off the stands.

Psion

Adventurer
It's the editorial approach of 300 that leaves me wondering if it was a smart choice to subscribe, vice its delivery...

hellbender

First Post
Thank you for the replies so far, I will chalk it up to a fluke, and buy replacements (well, maybe not for the Dragon).

Psion said:
It's the editorial approach of 300 that leaves me wondering if it was a smart choice to subscribe, vice its delivery...

You know, that is a very poignant comment. I had been a faithful purchaser of the magazine from the 80's, and #300 is the first issue that I have found to be a bit 'off', to say the least. Alas, I subscribed before I saw #300. I am hoping it will get back on track in the future.

hellbender

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases