About the New Denizens of Darkness Review

Mangrum

First Post
Sorry 'bout this; I couldn't figure out how to post a comment under the review, so I'm sticking this here.

In the review, Special Guest Pariah wrote:

"I recently found out at the company website (www.Kargatane.com) that there will very likely be no official errata, so any creature I intend to use will have to be passed through a screening process and subsequently rebuilt."

There's a couple of problems with this statement.

One, www.kargatane.com isn't the company website; that would be www.swordsorcery.com. Secrets of the Kargatane is still just a fan site, albeit one that's heavily tied to the official writers. A minor distinction to be sure, but at Gen Con we had someone asking Arthaus why two fan projects -- which have no connection to the company -- were delayed, so I feel that pointing out this distinction is worthwhile.

Secondly, and more importantly, we never said that "there will very likely be no official errata."

What we have said is that the authors' focus has to be on publishing the new Ravenloft books, which has been a pretty demanding schedule so far. Thus, we can't realistically offer a date when DoDark's errata will be released -- but that's a long way from saying that errata won't be released at all.

Voadam

Legend
You have to register separately in the reviews section and then be logged in to post a comment on the review.

While you are here, anything you can tell us about the upcoming Champions of Darkness? Neat name for a ravenloft product, what is it about? Dark powers checks? a villains who's who of the setting?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yeah Mr Mangrum, can you tell us more about this book and Heroes of the Light? They certainly SOUND very nice. :)

Mangrum

First Post
Voadam said:
You have to register separately in the reviews section and then be logged in to post a comment on the review.

Aha! Duh. Thanks.

Voadam said:
While you are here, anything you can tell us about the upcoming Champions of Darkness? Neat name for a ravenloft product, what is it about? Dark powers checks? a villains who's who of the setting?

Basically, Heroes of Light and Champions of Darkness are player books (full of crunchy goodies and the like) that present flip sides of the same coin: HoL focuses on PCs who are battling external darkness (i.e., white-hats), while CoD focuses on PCs who are battling an inner darkness (i.e., anti-heroes, "playable" villains, and characters somehow forced to live on the periphery of society).

I can't get into a lot of specific details, though -- my contribution to these books was just a handful of suggestions. I do know both books contain prestige classes, feats, some NPCs, patrons, etc.

Remove ads