Who is active? Who is on an adventure and who is looking to join?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I was thinking maybe there should be an OOC thread where Players can post their PCs Status. You can take a gander at the tavern to get a clue but not everyone is as active between adventures in roleplaying at the tavern and unless you know all the PCs it isn't always obvious what type of PC is currently unemployed.

I suggest we keep a cearinghouse type of thread, preferably sticky, where players and DM post the status of their PCs.

It might look like this:

---

Active Players

Adventure X

PC A (Leader)
PC B (Defender)
PC C (Defender)

Adventure Y

PC D (Controller)
PC E (striker)
PC F (inactive leader)

Adventure Z : DM inactive as of 25/07/2009

PC G (Defender)
PC H (controller)
PC I (striker)

Looking for an Adventure:

PC J (Leader)
PC K (Striker)
PC L (Striker)

(Ranked in order of the most days spent off adventure to the least)

---

To keep it up to date, you just need Players and DMs to report their status (i.e. at the end of an adventure, a PC looking for a game post in the thread, A DM with an inactive player or players with an inactive DM report it in the thread).

The creator of the thread then edit the OP. At the pace games are opening and closing, it doesn't strike me as a big job.

This would have several benefits:

1 - In the interest of fairness, DMs could, if they want, account for the the amount of time a PC had to wait before finding a game. They still have the right to select specific PCs for the purpose of sequels, of course, but it does underline the fact that some players have been waiting longer than others.

2 - A DM with an inactive players could PM a prospective replacement and arrange for him to join. I'd suggest simply PMing the PC of an appropriate role/level who is the highest on the list of PC wanting to join.

i.e DM of adventure Y should PM PC J.

3 - It reminds the community if a game is inactive.

4 - It might help a prospective DM plan his next adventure.
i.e.
No leader available, hmm, what to do?
Hey, there is about ten PC free and no upcoming adventure, maybe I could do a a Fire! style adventure to employ some of the community
or
Hmm, only 4 PCs looking for a job, maybe I should put my Fire! style adventure on ice.

5 - Since this only includes the active players, this give a more accurate picture of what race/class are in overabundance and which are scarce, which I believe is a good tool for players making new PCs.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The issue with a thread is if the originator vanishes or whatnot, than you must post a new thread 'cuz noone can edit it.

My want to use the WIki for this as everyone can update their status directly.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Stonegod basically read my mind.

While it's more visible if it's a thread, using a thread means the same person always has to do the work, and if they disappear the whole thing goes down the drain. I suppose L4W Facilitator could start the thread, but then a judge has to do the updating and I think we have enough various things to do already.

I'd prefer a wiki page for the same reason as stonegod: anyone and everyone can edit it, spreading the work and avoiding total dependence on one person.

Otherwise, I think it's a great idea. :)

KenHood

First Post
You could also use the templates to apply a sorting function to a table of characters. Have six fields in the table: Name, Player, Status, Class, Level, Adventure.

ukingsken

First Post
Mmmmm sortable tables of joy. On that note Sess did you ever hear back from Rumleech or are we assuming hes still down for the count?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Nope, never heard a word from him, sorry :( Probably safe to assume he's out.

Back to the topic on hand, does anyone feel up to the task of making such a wiki page and templates for the sorted tables?

renau1g

First Post
Just chiming in that maybe a sticky thread could lead to the wiki page? That way it maintains some visibility, but still is on the wiki?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
If one of the judges posts it as L4W Administrator, we'd only have that problem if they ALL disappear...
But still, then there's yet another thing the judges have to do. I dunno about you, but I feel pressed enough trying to keep up with following my games, character reviews (which we're behind on yet again), and keeping up with whatever proposals are happening.

Just sayin'.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases