D&D 4th Edition Who is active? Who is on an adventure and who is looking to join? - Page 12

+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Yes. DMing is open to all comers who feel capable.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmeier1 View Post
    Can anyone propose an adventure and become a L4W DM?
    Yes they can! Just email a summary of your proposed adventure to the judges at l4w.judges@gmail.com.

Things that I look for in adventure submissions include:
    • level of challenge is roughly appropriate for the suggested level range. This means I want to see at least some thought given to the encounters. "A party level +2 encounter" might be acceptable as a bare minimum, but I'd much prefer to see actual XP budgets or monster lists.
    • plot should make some kind of sense. DM should show that they're aware that the PCs may make unanticipated choices, and have given some thought to what happens if the PCs do not cooperate with NPCs, fail skill challenges, etc.
    • setting elements introduced are not too terribly inconsistent with established canon. The transitive isles were built with a fair amount of flexibility, but we'd like to avoid outright contradictions as much as possible.
    • planned treasure is vaguely appropriate -- e.g. DM is aware of doubled encounter XP and adjusts treasure accordingly. I'm pretty lenient on treasure plans.
    • Bottom line: if I had to take over this game and run it, would the submission give me enough information to do a decent job of it.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    Yes they can! Just email a summary of your proposed adventure to the judges at l4w.judges@gmail.com.

Things that I look for in adventure submissions include:
    • level of challenge is roughly appropriate for the suggested level range. This means I want to see at least some thought given to the encounters. "A party level +2 encounter" might be acceptable as a bare minimum, but I'd much prefer to see actual XP budgets or monster lists.
    • plot should make some kind of sense. DM should show that they're aware that the PCs may make unanticipated choices, and have given some thought to what happens if the PCs do not cooperate with NPCs, fail skill challenges, etc.
    • setting elements introduced are not too terribly inconsistent with established canon. The transitive isles were built with a fair amount of flexibility, but we'd like to avoid outright contradictions as much as possible.
    • planned treasure is vaguely appropriate -- e.g. DM is aware of doubled encounter XP and adjusts treasure accordingly. I'm pretty lenient on treasure plans.
    • Bottom line: if I had to take over this game and run it, would the submission give me enough information to do a decent job of it.
    which, by the way, are pretty much the same with the guidelines used in Living Eberron (except the different email address and setting).
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Oh, and one more thing: the judges are happy to work with you on adventure submissions. If you've got it mostly figured out but get stuck on the details, feel free to submit anyway. We'll happily bombard you with ideas and suggestions. Heck, we'll probably do it anyway.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    Oh, and one more thing: the judges are happy to work with you on adventure submissions. If you've got it mostly figured out but get stuck on the details, feel free to submit anyway. We'll happily bombard you with ideas and suggestions. Heck, we'll probably do it anyway.
    Probably? PROBABLY?

You practically rewrote the opening to Wayne's Basement!

Granted. My opening sucked , so let's be real here.

In any case. Thanks Cov and THB for your input. I really think I'm giving my PCs a run for their money.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    In any case. Thanks Cov and THB for your input. I really think I'm giving my PCs a run for their money.
    Either that or I just really, really suck at defending... since all of the strikers(And the leader) keep getting pummeled even when I mark the enemies I can get close to!

Imma friggin' kill that halfling though!

Source Materials I am able to access:

Accessible at almost any time:
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Complete Arcane
    Complete Scoundrel
    Complete Mage
    Complete Divine
    Libre Mortis
    Heroes of Horror
    Drow of the Underdark
    Monster Manual 3.5E
    Monster Manual 2
    DMG/PHB
    Psionics Handbook
    Expanded Psionics Handbook
    Spell Compendium
    Tome of Magic

These I can access rarely:
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Psionic
    Races of Stone
    Draconomicon
    Complete Champion
    A few assorted Monstrous Manuals... I can't recall which ones.

I MAY be able to access the Forgotten Realms and Eberron Campaign settings.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    That's the spirit!
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Just bumping this to remind everyone that the Character Status page exists and that they should update it if necessary.

Also, I appear to have the longest username in L4W. Go me?

Yeah it only takes 2 minutes to update your status and does wonders for the community.

Perhaps we need to make this part of the character review process? Although I guess that won't work well because the PC's are usually unassigned at submission time and after xp is granted...

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBarking View Post
    Also, I appear to have the longest username in L4W. Go me?
    Strictly speaking you're drawn with industrygothica and LightRailCoyote, but they don't seem to be active.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast