Who is active? Who is on an adventure and who is looking to join?

covaithe

Explorer
Can anyone propose an adventure and become a L4W DM?

Yes they can! Just email a summary of your proposed adventure to the judges at l4w.judges@gmail.com.

Things that I look for in adventure submissions include:
  • level of challenge is roughly appropriate for the suggested level range. This means I want to see at least some thought given to the encounters. "A party level +2 encounter" might be acceptable as a bare minimum, but I'd much prefer to see actual XP budgets or monster lists.
  • plot should make some kind of sense. DM should show that they're aware that the PCs may make unanticipated choices, and have given some thought to what happens if the PCs do not cooperate with NPCs, fail skill challenges, etc.
  • setting elements introduced are not too terribly inconsistent with established canon. The transitive isles were built with a fair amount of flexibility, but we'd like to avoid outright contradictions as much as possible.
  • planned treasure is vaguely appropriate -- e.g. DM is aware of doubled encounter XP and adjusts treasure accordingly. I'm pretty lenient on treasure plans.
  • Bottom line: if I had to take over this game and run it, would the submission give me enough information to do a decent job of it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Yes they can! Just email a summary of your proposed adventure to the judges at l4w.judges@gmail.com.

Things that I look for in adventure submissions include:
  • level of challenge is roughly appropriate for the suggested level range. This means I want to see at least some thought given to the encounters. "A party level +2 encounter" might be acceptable as a bare minimum, but I'd much prefer to see actual XP budgets or monster lists.
  • plot should make some kind of sense. DM should show that they're aware that the PCs may make unanticipated choices, and have given some thought to what happens if the PCs do not cooperate with NPCs, fail skill challenges, etc.
  • setting elements introduced are not too terribly inconsistent with established canon. The transitive isles were built with a fair amount of flexibility, but we'd like to avoid outright contradictions as much as possible.
  • planned treasure is vaguely appropriate -- e.g. DM is aware of doubled encounter XP and adjusts treasure accordingly. I'm pretty lenient on treasure plans.
  • Bottom line: if I had to take over this game and run it, would the submission give me enough information to do a decent job of it.
which, by the way, are pretty much the same with the guidelines used in Living Eberron (except the different email address and setting). ;)

covaithe

Explorer
Oh, and one more thing: the judges are happy to work with you on adventure submissions. If you've got it mostly figured out but get stuck on the details, feel free to submit anyway. We'll happily bombard you with ideas and suggestions. Heck, we'll probably do it anyway.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Oh, and one more thing: the judges are happy to work with you on adventure submissions. If you've got it mostly figured out but get stuck on the details, feel free to submit anyway. We'll happily bombard you with ideas and suggestions. Heck, we'll probably do it anyway.

Probably? PROBABLY?

You practically rewrote the opening to Wayne's Basement!

Granted. My opening sucked :lol:, so let's be real here.

In any case. Thanks Cov and THB for your input. I really think I'm giving my PCs a run for their money.

Theroc

First Post
In any case. Thanks Cov and THB for your input. I really think I'm giving my PCs a run for their money.

Either that or I just really, really suck at defending... since all of the strikers(And the leader) keep getting pummeled even when I mark the enemies I can get close to! ;)

Imma friggin' kill that halfling though!

renau1g

First Post
Yeah it only takes 2 minutes to update your status and does wonders for the community.

Perhaps we need to make this part of the character review process? Although I guess that won't work well because the PC's are usually unassigned at submission time and after xp is granted...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases