SPACE HULK returns for 20th anniversary!

Thanee

First Post
I hope it will be successful, so they are going to revive more of their older games... especially Warhammer Quest and Necromunda would be two of my favorites. :D

Bye
Thanee

frankthedm

First Post
Well, the minis are cool, but the 'stealers do have issues with scale creep. Even if you clipped away enough of the integral bases to get them to fit on a 1” slotta base just about all the minis some overhang issues on 1" round bases. Genestealers in W40K are supposed to be on 25mm bases, except for Genestealer Brood lords, whose basing standard is 40mm base (smidge over 1.5”). But the damn things are grabbing all over the place so 40mm bases would not look that bad at all

In recent editions Space marine Terminators do officially deploy on 40MM bases, so their size is par for the course.

But the board game's spaces look like 1.25" squares, so if the figs get 40mm bases, they won’t fit well on the game board.

Related thread Basing Models on Standard 40k Bases - WarSeer

Also, some of the GS models seem to have the lower arm of the Stealer disappear into the warp. If the limbs were supposed to be lost to battle damage and had stumps or something, that would be o.k., but they look like the sculptor just took the limb off to make it easier to cast and hoped no one would notice. :/

Models on the right side of the picture
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/Models/IMG00955-20090904-1736.jpg

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Genestealer models look great to me. And the game board squares are plenty big enough to deal with a little overhang if it happens. Sounds like picking nits to me.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Broke down and bought a copy (directly from GW online). Got it on the weekend, and I'm just assembling minis now.

Cheers!

Thanee

First Post
As said elsewhere, the minis alone are worth the box price (though I can only guess how much shipping you must pay for such a heavy box). :)

@frank: Why are you putting them on bases?

Bye
Thanee

frankthedm

First Post
@frank: Why are you putting them on bases?
Error... Error... Unbased minis do not compute

J/K, I'm building a mostly proxy Tyranid army because one of my friends is often bemoaning not having enough people to play 40K with. I gave one of our other friends a small space wolves army, but that guy is rarely around.

60+ kruthik adults for 'gaunts
30+ star wars shyraks gargoyle unit 1
30+ mage Knight monster wasps gargoyle unit 2
50+ Genestealers [44 ~ New Spacehulk, 8-10 ~ Other GW products]
3 DDM chuuls converted slightly for Lictors
1 Starship troopers Overseer bug for a Flying tyrant.

Maybe scratchbuild some spore mines for a fast atatch chioce. Got some Heroclix Brood to convert for warriors, raveners and other things, though I'm not sure what to use for a canifex. I'm not big on the idea of canifexi, but I'll probably need some since the friend has a goodly amount of tanks :p

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
As said elsewhere, the minis alone are worth the box price (though I can only guess how much shipping you must pay for such a heavy box). :)

My best friend has the online moniker of "Genesteeler". Guess what I'm doing tonight? :)

Astonishingly, there was no shipping charge. AU$165 for the box, no extra shipping cost (from GW's Australian outlet). au $165 is the price at game stores.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Played my first game with my set.

I've posted a pictorial report if you're interested. Urgh. My marines got completely chomped in the first mission - appropriately entitled "Suicide Mission"!

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases