SPACE HULK returns for 20th anniversary!

frankthedm

First Post
Just saw this at the nearby hobby shop in a glass case.

m410442a60010699001ensh.jpg

The new plastic genestealers look cool, though may have some overhang issues on 1" round bases.

Space Hulk (3rd Edition) | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Space Hulk is Back! | 2009-08-17 04:11:01.0 | What's New Today | Games Workshop

Space Hulk
From the depths of space an ancient vessel drifts slowly towards the Imperium of Mankind - a space hulk. Within its confines, untold thousands of Genestealers slowly emerge from hibernation. The Space Marines must enter the cramped corridors and tomb-like chambers of the ancient ship to defeat this alien menace.

Space Hulk is a board game for two players, recreating the battles fought between the Space Marines and Genestealers. One player commands the Space Marines as they carry out deadly missions in the ancient Space Hulk, and the other commands the horde of Genestealers opposing them. Space Hulk's fast-paced rules simulate the tense atmosphere of a mission deep inside the cramped confines of a derelict space hulk, where split-second decisions are needed for victory.

This boxed game contains: a 23-page Rulebook, a 47-page Mission book and 35 finely-detailed, plastic Citadel miniatures, including: 11 Space Marine Terminators, one Space Marine Terminator Librarian, 22 Genestealers, and one Broodlord.

Also included are: 105 gaming counters, 24 corridors, 10 rooms, eight crossroads, eight T-junctions, six corner sections, four dead ends, four end pieces, 20 doors with plastic stands, one mission status display, and three plastic mission objectives, including: a dead Space Marine on throne, a Blood Angels artefact and a Cyber-Altered Task Unit. Plus a sand timer and five bone-coloured dice unique to this game.

• Availability: This product is available for pre-order and will be released on the 5th of September.
  • Part Code: 60010699001
$99

Attachments

• pic542869.jpg
    pic542869.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 475

mmaranda

First Post
I want to be excited but entry fee is high

I want to be excited for Space Hulk, given the game play and the way people remember it so fondly. Unfortunately the entry price seems rather steep for a game that comes with figures that are already practically mass produced by GW and look like they might be made out of an even cheaper more rigid plastic.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I still have 99% of my Space Hulk stuff for the 90's. If I ever get the yearnin' I'll just break that out. No need for me to plunk down $120+ for a game I already have!

frankthedm

First Post
And on a related note, I've noticed GW got a little more strict on fan sites with Space Hulk related content. Not all, but some sites had to take down their space hulk related goodies.:-S What's more irksome, GW themselves had had some DIY space hulk articles on their own site for a while if I understood correctly, though those now seem gone :eek:

Last edited:

Bloosquig

First Post
Played a game with my (typically non-gaming) wife. She took the Marines and I took the 'stealers. She won with minimal tactical assistance on my side. Lots of fun =)

*shakes one clawed fist* I'll get you yet Space Marines!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases