Taxes on PDFs Sales

zenram

First Post
Hi

Im a new publisher who expects to sell RPG adventures on RPG Now, and i was wondering if someone could explain me, how can i pay taxes of my sales, and how much they represent in therms of % of the sales?

Thanks

Last edited:

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Smartest answer I can tell you: talk to an accountant in your area. tax laws vary from nation to nation, state to state, local area to local area.

While you're there, discuss options about whether you should be a sole proprietorship, corporation, or some other form of business.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a billion different answers to the question. It's totally different in different jurisdictions, it's different depending on the type of entity doing business (an individual, a corporation, whatever other options are avaiable in your jurisdiction).

Only an accountant familiar with your local laws and your business can answer it for you, I'm afraid!

zenram

First Post
Hi

Well, thanks, i already talk about it with an accountant, but he asks me about how RPG Now handle those kind of things, however i think is better to ask them directly. XD

I will let you know.

See You

Bacris

First Post
Zenram, one thing to consider in this instance is that the actual vendor of the product is RPGNow / DriveThruRPG - not you - and they'll typically handle the sales tax.

However, as mentioned, tax is a very tricky subject. Talk to the guys at RPGNow to make sure everything is good. It might be a good idea to talk to your local tax authority, as well, rather than laymen. For me, that's the County Tax Assessor and Collector. The appropriate office for you can usually direct you to the right person to ask. See if your city / county / region has a government website to get you pointed in the right direction.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases