Eberron Campaign Guide

Crothian

First Post
The Eberron Campaign Guide is the second setting Wizards of the Coast has produced for D&D 4e. Forgotten Realms was released last year and Dark Sun has been revealed to be released next year. Eberron is the youngest of the D&D settings but has a rich history with some classic books and adventures. It is a setting designed for D&D and for trying to keep everything D&D in the game and explain it in a world. It is a setting I’ve played in a lot and ran. I’ve read all the RPG books and some of the novels. It was not a setting I was a fan of from the beginning but it is setting I grew to like.

The Eberron Campaign Guide is a book filled with information. It makes it a harder book to evaluate because of the different ways people can be coming to the book and the setting. For people who really know the setting and own much of the 3e product line then there is not a lot of information in the book that will be helpful. The stat blocks for creatures and knowledge areas for all the setting are about the extend of new information. It will make for a nice book that has a lot of information in one place but since the setting time line was not advanced and nothing was really redefined there is not much in here people who know the setting will need though the Feyspires are a nice addition.

For people that are new to the setting I think this is going to be a great book. It has a great overview of the whole world. The book really showcases that different types of adventures and the different kinds of characters that come from the setting. The book is one of the rare settings that is rather enjoyable to read like a novel. Everything fits together very well and there are many different themes and organizations that reach across the world.

There is what I think is going to be a smaller group but one that is no less important of gamers who might want this book. Not everyone likes the 4e system but Eberron is popular enough that I have heard about people using different systems to run the game. The Eberron Campaign Guide will be useful to these people as there is not a lot of rules or stat blocks. It is not completely system free as some people would like but I find it close enough to be worth the purchase if one is going to ignore the rule sections.

The Eberron Campaign Guide is a good book for people interested in the setting. The writing is strong and the setting is creative and full of adventure. It is the kind of setting that will serve gamers well in 4e and other systems.

Last edited:

Remove ads