Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Boddynock

First Post
Adran calls out to his companions, "Look out! There's something in the leaves in front of us. Snakes or insects, I'd guess."

He then hums a tune that sets the hearers' teeth on edge before gesturing at the goblin in the headdress. A sickly green globe flies from his fingertips towards the goblin.

[sblock=OOC]The Comprehend Language ritual benefit lasts for 24 hours.
Acid orb +4 vs Reflex.
Acid Orb vs goblin hexer: (1d20+4=18, 1d10+4=14)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 8/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (0 of 2 used) (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek steps forward immediately and throws a shimmering sphere of Eldritch power at the large rat that sadly slams into the ground at the rat's feet. That is followed by a strange chanting of malicious intent towards the same rat.

[sblock=Actions]
{Jumped the gun a little sorry about that}
Move= P14
Standard= Eldritch Blast 3 vs reflex
Minor= Curse rat[/sblock]

[sblock=Alek Nethendal stat block]Alek Nethendal- Male Human Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 15
AC:15, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:29/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/10
Initiative +0
Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast,
Eldritch Strike,
Vampiric Embrace,
Flames of Phelgethos

Alek
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=I'm an idiot]Yes, ok, I got the "Time" and "Duration" confused. I keep doing that. Anyway, the Hexer told the Sharpshooter to kill you.[/sblock]

The acid globe streams out and is about to connect with the decorated goblin when at the last second the creature grabs his companion and pulls him into the line of fire. The crossbow-armed goblin screams as the acid melts away at him.

The unharmed goblin smiles at the group, revealing rotten fangs, steps forward, and pulls out a sealed clay jar. It throws the jar in a high arc, and just as it flies above your head the goblin shatters it with a blast from his rod. Stinking red smoke billows out as pottery shards rain on your heads. The resulting cloud makes your eyes water and cough uncontrollably, in addition to obscuring your vision.

Apparently, this smell was also a signal. The piles of leaves start churning as a huge swarm of centipedes erupts from it.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
25: Goblin Sharpshooter (-14)
20: Adran (28/28)
19: Goblin Hexer
18: Alek (29/30)
17: Feyr (26/26) <== Your turn.
16: Blighted Rat
10: Centipede Swarm 1
10: Centipede Swarm 2
10: Centipede Swarm 3 (Cursed)
4: Growl (27/30)
3: Lephisto (18/27)

The Hexer uses Lead From the Rear as an immediate interrupt to make the Sharpshooter the target of Adran's attack, which hits. The Hexer then moves to F9 and uses its Vexing Cloud ability. While in the cloud, you suffer -2 to hit, and any of the Hexer's allies in the cloud have concealment. The centipedes are revealed, but do not act yet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Alek]In the interest of expediency, we'll say you cursed Centipede Swarm 3, since you have to curse the closest enemy.[/sblock]

Attachments

• enc_2_round_1.jpg
    enc_2_round_1.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Feyr shout at the captive "Stay down!" as he push him to pass through and move foward the group. Recklessly, he moves next to a swarm and he throw his spikes all around him, hitting many centipedes in two of the swarm.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Order the goblin to be prone and stay there.
Move to L13
Standard: Imporved Razorblade (Swarm 1, 2, 3) (1d20+3=22, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=10, 1d8+2=9) Probably hit swarm 1 and 2 for 9 damages and ongoing 5 (saves ends)[/SBLOCK]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Feyr's blades scythe through the swarm, killing hundreds of the arthropods. The captive seems to be taking the cloud poorly, coughing and falling to its hands and knees.

The blighted rat stalks over to the Hexer.

The swarm, well, swarms on Feyr. The bladeling is engulfed in biting poisonous bugs, and it's not too long before he feels the poison coursing through his veins.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
25: Goblin Sharpshooter (-14)
20: Adran (28/28)
19: Goblin Hexer
18: Alek (29/30)
17: Feyr (12/26, bloodied, ongoing 5 poison (save ends), weakened (save ends))
16: Blighted Rat
10: Centipede Swarm 1 (-24, bloodied)
10: Centipede Swarm 2 (-37, bloodied, ongoing 5 (save ends), in J16)
10: Centipede Swarm 3 (Cursed)
4: Growl (27/30) <== Your turn.
3: Lephisto (18/27)

The Swarms attack Feyr. Swarm 1 misses, Swarms 2 and 3 hit (Rolls). The first hit gives ongoing damage, the second weakens. Swarm 1 makes its save, Swarm 2 fails. (Rolls).

The Swarms do more damage for each Swarm adjacent to the target. If you use Armor of Wrath on Swarm 2, Swarm 3 will still hit, but it will also deal 1 less damage. Also, anyone starting a turn adjacent to one or more swarms takes 3 damage, and 2 additional damage for each extra adjacent swarm.

Finally, when a swarm hits you, you take ongoing poison. If you're already poisoned, you're weakened instead.[/sblock]

Attachments

• enc_2_round_1_map_3.jpg
    enc_2_round_1_map_3.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I will use Armor of Wrath on Swarm 2, that would make 3 damages, and if I understand well, another 10 as it is a close burst. That happen before I am weakened, so full damage. He is now at 37 damage, but (and that is the sad part) swarms cannot be pushed, slide or pulled, so it stay there and I keep full damage. But the damage worth it, as I know pretty well how a pain in the ass can be swarm without burst of blast attack.

And now... medic? Adran could heal me and slide me to L14, where I would be in only 1 aura. Or Shout of Triumph that could be fine too.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Swarms]Actually, swarms are only immune to forced movement from ranged and melee attacks. So close and area attacks can still knock them around.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]In that case, Swarm 2 to J16, and cross fingers his ongoing damage will finish it before it act again.[/SBLOCK]

Boddynock

First Post
Adran calls out encouragement for Feyr's brave action.

"Oh well done, worthily done!"

Feyr feels a surprising swell of pride at Adran's words, and a determination to do even better next time.

Then the bard moves closer. Taking a deep breath, he enlists the forces of the air to batter the swarming vermin.

Finally, he draws Feyr to stand beside him, further inspiring him and restoring his energies with a word.

[sblock=OOC]I've posted this to make sure that I don't miss the initiative count and keep you all waiting ... but I reserve the right to amend it if Growl's and/or Lephisto's actions change the tactical scene significantly! :)

Free action: Virtue of Valor gives 4 temporary hit points and Virtue of Strength gives +2 to next damage roll before end of Feyr's next turn.
Move: to O15.
Standard action: Shout of Triumph vs S1 & S3.
Shout of Triumph (vs Fort, thunder damage) against S1, S3: (1d20+4=13, 1d20+4=8, 1d6+4=5) Dismal rolls! :mad:
If, by some miracle, that works, then push the swarms 3 squares diagonally away from him.
At the same time, slide Feyr to O14, and ...
Minor action: Majestic Word. Feyr may spend a healing surge with +4 hp.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 8/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (1 of 2 used) (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases