Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Hilgrund is protected by a druid, Garron, who's made his grove in the nearby marsh. Well, not really protected; I mean, his ward is the wildlife, not the town. He just likes to help out when he can, and in return the townsfolk don't over-hunt the area and such. That these goblins have been twisting the wildlife, and that there's this new... thing in the marsh, well, it doesn't sound good for Garron."

"As for the others, well I had heard rumors that Feld already hired a group of adventurers before he sent me to Daunton. I guess he did. Doesn't sound good for them, either."

garyh

First Post
"I think we should search for Garron," Growl says. "If we can find him, he can help us find out what's going on, and if he's already been defeated by this new... thing, then maybe we can learn something from his grove."

OOC: Druids being pushed out of their turf have to stick together. ;)

Velmont

First Post
Feyr look a moment at the goblin. He smiles at him and remove his hand from his torso. He takes his mace and walk around the chair slowly, speaking to him. "You've been a brave and strong warrior during our fight, goblin. You should have died during the last fight and join the rank of your death warriors, but you just dishonored them by breaking at the first threat. I'll give you the same faith as we do to our people who are not brave enough, who cower at the first sight of our enemy, who cry every time they meet fear, who put his own life before his tribe." He swings his mace, landing heavily on the goblin hands. The sound of bones breaking can be heard. "That way, you won't be able to wield a weapon for days." He takes a moment to make sure the goblin will survive the wound. He then add to his companions. "We will free him... in the swamp. After that, the gods will decide of his faith. But before going there, we need to meet Garron. I agree with Growl, Garron is the best person to ask about that thing."

"Yelder, would you please lead us to Garron?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Heal on goblin (1d20+4=16). To make sure he will survive that wound.[/SBLOCK]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=!!!]That's entrapment! He would have died if you guys hadn't "saved" him, and he wouldn't have told you anything if you hadn't threatened him. That was dirty. And pretty funny.[/sblock]

The goblin screams and passes out.

Yelder stares at the goblin's hands for a moment before replying. "Uh, there are a couple problems with that. First of all, I don't know where in the marsh Garron lives. Not exactly, anyway. I don't think anybody does. Under normal circumstances I'd be happy to help and see if we can find him. But that leads me to the second problem." His gaze drifts back to the maimed goblin. "Now, don't break my bones over this, but you're asking too much. You want me to lead you into the center of this nightmare? I'm not an adventurer; I'm just a trapper. I don't even live in Hilgrund. I just come into town every few weeks to sell my wares and buy supplies. Hell, I nearly got killed by one of those damn dogs. And now you want me to risk my skin even further? I'm sorry, but I can't do that."

[sblock=Insight 15]Yelder sounds pretty genuine. He'd like to help, but he doesn't want to get killed over it.
[sblock=Insight 20]There's something in Yelder's tone that gives you the idea that he wants you to convince him, although probably non-violently.[/sblock][/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Insight vs. Yelder (1d20+6=21)[/SBLOCK]

"Among us all, you are the best placed person to lead us. And as you've seen, we are well enough trained to defend ourselves and you with that. As you see, you've got no risk. We don't have to come with us fight that thing, we just want to find the druid.

But if you wish to return home, that's you. But I imagine that if you come back with us after our victory, you would show how Feld have failed to solved the problem with the others and how you've been able to handle the problem by yourself. After all, you'll be the one who has chosen us and you'll have taken an active part to this victory."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OK, I cannot roll hig at every roll: Diplomacy vs. Yelder (1d20+1=11) I hope my argument by itself will be enough. I remember he didn't like much Feld.[/SBLOCK]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Whoah! All of this happened while I was asleep. Don't forget, folks - having a half-elf along gives everybody within 10 squares a +1 on Diplomacy checks.

Can I make an Insight check, or is it just on Passive Insight? At any rate, here are rolls to check Insight and Diplomacy:

Insight; Diplomacy: (1d20+4=22, 1d20+11=18)

Amazing! With a +11 bonus, you'd think he'd do better than 18! Oh well![/sblock]
Adran pales at Feyr's torture of the creature, and is aghast at his breaking of its hands. Before he can protest, however, it seems that he's swept up in the argument with Yelder. He makes what contribution he can.

"Don't forget - having a bard to sing your praises is no mean thing!"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Yelder pulls something out of his pocket and looks at it. It's so small that his hand obscures it from your view.

[sblock=Perception 20]You notice a glimpse of gold and a small chain. It looks like it's some sort of locket.[/sblock]

He then sighs, closes his hand into a fist, and replaces the object. "Hell, alright. Let's do this. Come on, we're going to have to go some more woods before we reach the marsh." He turns towards the door, but pauses and jerks his thumb at the goblin. "One of you is going to have to carry that."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases