Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Boddynock

First Post
Adran translates for his companions and encourages them to ask whatever questions they want him to translate. Then he turns back to the goblin and speaks again.

[sblock=Goblin]"Spider eye? Me never heard of you. Where you tribe? Me not know you."[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oops, I suppose I should have put the above in Goblin brackets.[/sblock]

Yelder scowls at the "man-servant" remark.

The goblin continues:

[sblock=Goblin]"Of course you never hear of us. We are clever. Not like other goblins. Other goblins take slaves, but sometimes leave survivors. We take all. Even the weak and old can be useful. Sometimes even the dying, that is how smart we are." The goblin smirks at you. "We are also smart enough to not tell where we are to anyone who asks."[/sblock]

[sblock=Assuming Adran asks about the Hzakan Empire] The goblin grins slyly: [sblock=Goblin]"Maybe, maybe not. Who knows where our power comes from? Not you."

[sblock=Adran only](ooc: IC is down, so I rolled the goblin's bluff and your insight.) You get the feeling that while the goblin is trying to subtly imply a connection between his tribe and the Empire, it really doesn't know one way or the other.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Adran relays the goblin's answers to the others, including his intuition about the goblin's response to questions about the Hzakan Empire.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, so that goblin will not tell where we can find his kind. Let me gives a try." tells Feyr. He removes the thick leather gloves he wears. His hand seem closely to a human one, but the people suddenly see the spike growing in his palm. He put his palm on the torso.

"You feel it. I can see you feel it. You understand what I'm doing I'm quite sure, even if you don't understand my tongue." Slowly, he makes his spike grow, very slowly. "Adran, traduce. This is a technique my people have develop. We can make our subject feel pain all day. With a good healer, we can even play that game for weeks. So, let me asks again. Where can we find your tribe? Where can you get your strength?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]I just made a good impression I think: Intimidate goblin (1d20+8=28)

Even hostile, he better has over 18 Will defence to not be intimidated.[/SBLOCK]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Ha, I had forgotten you were a bladeling. I was like, Spikes? Where the hell did that come from? And yes, a 28 is certainly sufficient.[/sblock]

The goblin's expression turns from scorn to fear. "Wait! Wait! I don't know! Only our alchemists know, it's how we keep secret. They don't tell us! They say, "Go to town, help the [here is the word that Yelder stumbled over. Even with the ritual, you can't quite understand it], take all that you can." They give us some tinctures, and say "Give these to the [that word again], it will know what to do." That's all they tell us, I swear!"*

*Translated from Goblin

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Well, I can throw them, so I though I can also grow them. That would explain partly why the only skill bonus Bladeling have is the +2 Intimidate. [/SBLOCK]

"Where, exactly, where you suppose to meet that [the word]?" asks Feyr. "Where can we find it?"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"In the marsh! It lives in the marsh! That's where we found it, that's where we left it." The goblin swallows, and seems to steady himself. "But you'll never find it. And even if you do, it will kill you. Like the others."*

Yelder looks concerned when the goblin mentions the marsh, and more so when it mentions the "others".

*Translated from Goblin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases