Blight Makes Right (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: Lord Sessadore)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Once outside of the tavern Yelder starts leading you through Daunton's streets towards one of the gates. Without turning around to look at you, he asks, "So, what makes you all so special, anyway? Any of you got names?"

[sblock=General Info]Ideally, everyone would post at least once per day, especially during combats and skill challenges. We don't live in an ideal world, though, and sometimes delays are inevitable. Please let me know if you are going to be away for an extended period of time (like, 2+ days) so I can NPC you if necessary.

I haven't yet decided whether I'll be using traditional initiative or group initiative. I'll probably start with the former, and then get frustrated and switch to the latter. Either way, I'll be rolling everyone's initiative.

Please use Invisible Castle for your rolls, and I'll do the same. Also, I'd like it if during combat, after you describe what your character is doing, everyone would put their actions and stats in little spoiler boxes, like so:

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to I3, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk.
Minor: Curse gnome.
Standard: Flames of Phlegethos against the gnome. Hits Reflex 20 for 29 fire and 1 untyped. Hit or miss, 5 ongoing fire, save ends.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 15
AC: 15 | For: 15 | Ref: 15 | Will: 14
HP: 30/30+4 | Bloodied: 15 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 7/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +2 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Flames of Phlegethos

[/sblock]

This will help me keep track of everything during combat. Also, please have a link to your character sheet either in your signature or in the stat block (or both).

Everyone should choose a unique, non-white color for their character's voice. Right now I've reserved whatever this color is for Yelder, so you can't use that one. Sorry *shrugs*.

There will be rewards, eventually. If you don't have a wishlist in your character sheet, you should be thinking of one. If you don't have one by the time I decide to start distributing treasure, I'll do my best to give you something awesome. I find picking out items to be fun, so don't feel like you need a wishlist for my sake.

Finally, I know some of you are newish to 4e/pbp. That's fine. If you have any questions, just ask. I'm sure I, another player, or our strictly hypothetical judge will be happy to answer.

Speaking of which, any judges want to judge this?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"My name is Feyr. I'm from Sultyr, a far land, and I'm in search of a group of adventurer, but for now, my resources have run dried. I'm one of the voice of the gods, and they gave me the power to use there wrath against the enemies of my people. If you've heard the faith of Valhyr, the homeland of my ancestors, you might know what the wrath of my gods can do."

Lephisto

First Post
The young man full of excitement follows the estranged man through the streets of Daunton. "My name is Lephisto, my God has given me the powers to protect and to serve the people. May my God's justice and punishment reign upon my enemies. It is my pleasure to serve thee and to thine end!". Lephisto decides not to disclose too much information from where he is from, as he decides that it's not needed at this time.

[sblock=OOC]Please excuse me for my noobness as I am new to D&D so I might your guys help in learning the rules and clarifying the for me. Thanks in advance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lephisto Izgon Stat Block]
Lephisto Izgon- Male Human Paladin 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:14 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 <> Second Wind
Powers: Bolstering Strike, Holy Strike,
Valiant Strike,
Radiant Smite,
Paladin's Judgment
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek picks up his pack and stave and follows Yelder answering his question " I am Alek and what makes me 'special' is that I was cursed by some sort of demon and spent a long while mastering the power that it cursed me with.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Adran follows Yelder out of the tavern. He quietly assesses the others who have joined in this call to action. After all, his life may well be in their hands.

In reply to Yelder’s question, he says, “I’m Adran Cassis, a musician and poet. I’m keen to beat back the darkness, and to stir our world to greatness. And this is where the renaissance begins!”

Then, aware that he sounds somewhat pompous, he grins and adds, “At least, that’s the general idea.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
A strange-looking warforged accompanies the group. He seems to have fur, fangs, and claws adorning him that don't belong to his hide armor.

"I am Growl," he rumbles. "I come from the wilds that encompass the former kingdom of Allaria. I was defending my forest from the goblins of the Empire of Hraka, escaped a legion by dodging through a portal, and found myself here. So you can understand why goblins and unbalanced wilderness would interest me."

[sblock=Hello!]I'm a D&D and PbP veteran, so I'm happy to help those newer to the game. Alas, I cannot Judge this adventure, seeing as I'm playing in it. :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Growl's Info]Growl- "Male" Warforged Druid 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 11, Will: 16 - Speed: 6
HP: 30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Chill Wind
Pounce
Savage Rend
Wild Shape

Darting Bite
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve

Faerie Fire

Full character sheet[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alek picks up his pack and stave and follows Yelder answering his question " I am Alek and what makes me 'special' is that I was cursed by some sort of demon and spent a long while mastering the power that it cursed me with.

Yelder stops short and slowly turns around to face you. "Hmmph. So that's what you meant by "unnatural", huh? Careful there, friend. I knew a girl like that, once. She came to an unpleasant end, if I recall." He shrugs, and carries on in silence.

After leading you through the city gates, Yelder stops again and addresses your group. "Right, so here's the details of the job. Hilgrund is our destination. It's a small farming town, about a day's walk from here. Pleasant enough place, I suppose, except for the recent attacks. All sorts of goblins and beasts have been raiding the outer farms and harassing the roads. And not just normal creatures. There's something... off about them. They're not plagued, or undead; it's something else. Naturally, your job is going to be to stop them. And find out what's causing this, I suppose, but the way I see it, if you kill all the beasts, who cares where they came from? Anyway, we have several hours of walking ahead of us, so if you have any questions, ask them along the way." Having finished this, Yelder clears his throat and spits, as though he's not used to speaking so much.

[sblock=ooc]This is just some time to RP interactions between yourselves as well as asking Yelder any questions you may have. I'll move things along if it starts to drag.[/sblock]

Ghdeh1

First Post
Alek looked at his allies one at a time then thought 'A bard, he'll be useful in the long run. A paladin, might prove a problem with my power's orgin. A druid, definetly useful during a fight. And an invoker, Not too bad of a group I suppose.' Then he asked Yelder "What other beasts, aside from goblins, are there?"

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Wolves, birds, bugs. The natural animals of the area, things you'd expect to see around. It's not like the goblins are bringing in big spitting lizards or anything like that."

Boddynock

First Post
Adran moves alongside the warforged and says quietly, "Well, if we're facing maddened animals, it's lucky we have you with us, Growl. Do you think you'll be able to calm them down?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Adran Cassis, Bard 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 16 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 15 | For: 13 | Ref: 14 | Will: 15
HP: 28/28 | Bloodied: 14 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 10/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d8
Powers: Guiding Strike (PHB2), War Song Strike (PHB2)
Acid Orb (PHB2), Majestic Word (PHB2), Shout of Triumph (PHB2), Words of Friendship (PHB2)
Slayer’s Song (PHB2)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases