In Honor of 10 Years of EN World: Original, Hand-Drawn Kulan Maps

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
In honor of EN World's ten year anniversary, I present several of my original, hand-drawn maps for World of Kulan. These are the maps I created before I began converting the world into digital format using Campaign Cartographer 2.

First up, I present three scans of the Lands of Harqual. The main map of Northern Harqual is the first map I ever drew for Harqual and Kulan. The Southern Harqual map shows my original design of the area that would later become known as The Bulge (and the Nebral Peninsula).

[EDIT]
I've also added the section just north of the main map. (I went scan crazy!) This, of course, is the primary map that would inspire the Northlands.

Attachments

• Northern Harqual_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual_s.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 665
  • Southern Harqual_s.jpg
    Southern Harqual_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 514
  • Northern Harqual (North)_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual (North)_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 590
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here are my original Janardûn maps. This is the one continent that didn't change as much from the hand-drawn version to the CC2 version (except for scale).

Attachments

• Janardûn (West)_s.jpg
    Janardûn (West)_s.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 541
  • Janardûn (East)_s.jpg
    Janardûn (East)_s.jpg
    1,007.7 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
More Harqual Maps!

What would become the western part of the Northlands plus the original Ragik Peninsula as well as Teverroot Island.

Attachments

• Northern Harqual (Northwest)_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual (Northwest)_s.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 431
  • Northern Harqual (West)_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual (West)_s.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 410
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The next two maps show the eastern section of the Northlands and the original version of Calla Island, the Jagged Peninsula, and the various islands of the Sea of the Sun.

41296d1251323877-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-northern-harqual-northeast-_s.jpg

Northern Harqual (Northeast)

41297d1251323877-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-northern-harqual-east-_s.jpg

Northern Harqual (East)

Attachments

• Northern Harqual (East)_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual (East)_s.jpg
    881.6 KB · Views: 382
  • Northern Harqual (Northeast)_s.jpg
    Northern Harqual (Northeast)_s.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
And finally, (for today) here is my original map for the lands that would become The Far South. This region was completely re-envisioned as part of my CC2 map.

41298d1251324915-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-southern-harqual-south-_s.jpg

Southern Harqual (South)

Attachments

• Southern Harqual (South)_s.jpg
    Southern Harqual (South)_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 411

Rhun

First Post
Awesome, knightfall. I am super impressed by all the work that you have put into your campaign world. I read some of what you have in the Plots & Places forum. Great setting!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Awesome, knightfall. I am super impressed by all the work that you have put into your campaign world. I read some of what you have in the Plots & Places forum. Great setting!

Old school, hand-drawn hex maps - I love it! Thanks for sharing these, Knightfall. Brings back lots of memories. B-)
Thanks guys!

Here's my original maps of The Fallenlands... the western half of the continent first.

41372d1251953385-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-fallenlands-nw-_s.jpg

The Fallenlands (Northwest)

41373d1251953385-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-fallenlands-sw-_s.jpg

The Fallenlands (Southwest)

Attachments

• The Fallenlands (NW)_s.jpg
    The Fallenlands (NW)_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • The Fallenlands (SW)_s.jpg
    The Fallenlands (SW)_s.jpg
    1,017.5 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The eastern half of The Fallenlands...

41374d1251954148-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-fallenlands-ne-_s.jpg

The Fallenlands (Northeast)

41375d1251954148-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-fallenlands-se-_s.jpg

The Fallenlands (Southeast)

41376d1251954148-honor-10-years-en-world-original-hand-drawn-kulan-maps-fallenlands-far-south-_s.jpg

The Fallenlands (Far South)

Attachments

• The Fallenlands (NE)_s.jpg
    The Fallenlands (NE)_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
  • The Fallenlands (SE)_s.jpg
    The Fallenlands (SE)_s.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 308
  • The Fallenlands (Far South)_s.jpg
    The Fallenlands (Far South)_s.jpg
    1,016.9 KB · Views: 286
Last edited: