WotBS Fantasy Grounds WotBS players, I'd like your input

EugeneZ

First Post
First of all, to those of you who don't know, I create Fantasy Grounds modules for War of the Burning Sky. Feel free to download them from the WotBS main page. Regardless of whether you use my modules or not, if you DM a Fantasy Grounds WotBS game I'd like your input.

The maps I have included in the first two modules were cleaned versions of the maps in the PDF... and by cleaned, I mean someone literally photoshopped the NPC markers out. In the first module this was done by a helpful WotBS DM, and in the second module by me. This is time consuming but far worse is that the battlemaps linked on the main page are much higher resolution and come clean, so no one needs to photoshop the tokens (in some case, this is impossible to do well).

I'm going to use these maps in upcoming modules (and will update the first two modules to use them as well), that isn't the question. The question is, should I stick with the 50x50 grid?

Reason to go 100x100:
- It would look nicer when you zoom in, in your game
- The tokens are 100x100, so you wouldn't need to resize the tokens!
- Many of the maps actually come that way originally

Reasons to stay with 50x50:
- The download size of the maps would double. They're about 250kb a pop at the moment, this would bring them to about 500kb a pop. Obviously that number varies wildly based on map size but you get the idea.
- That is the standard Fantasy Grounds map size. That's just what most people use, from what I understand. Many tokens you use in your game might have been made to this standard (I don't know).

I'd like your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

talwynor

First Post
My own preference is for 50x50...I think it strikes the right balance between dl speed and eye candy. screen size is at such a premium most of the time that its only rarely that 100x100 is truly appreciated (for smaller battle maps it's great - spread over a larger area - say the warehouse in the first adventure - and its quite the pain).

Tanek

Explorer
I prefer 50x50 as well. Real estate is a premium for me and the smaller maps fit in much nicer.

I can't begin to thank you enough for all the effort you're putting forth into making FG modules for this!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases