Speaking of Broken... Discussion over items needing Proposal

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=Original Post]Cheers,

Is this fully approved currently?

It's not in the charter...
Kamotz is using the overhaul (kind of, not much is changing outside of Divine power, and this background thing, he even still comes from Bacarte).

The Restless Dead Background (listed under general if you have the CB) is what this proposal is about, but if someone wants to tack something else on I will.

Associated skills: insight, perception, religion
and a +1 bonus to damage rolls vs. undead keyword.

it also comes with a Possible Minor Quest, to find and destroy the origin of the Undead threat. (perfect after Broken Wards: Long Arm of Lauto)

Thats all, Thanks!
[/sblock]

Ok changing this thread into a random catch all for broken stuff chat.

I'd like to draw people attention to the Wolfen Weapon, if this isn't nerfed Kamotz will want it. (wolfen, wolven, Kamotz is a longtooth shifter, see where this is going?)

This incorrectly spelled magic blade gives a +2 bonus to Perception checks, and negates the Perception penalty when you sleep.
A daily power that, as a Free Action, uses it's power before any creature has acted druing a surprise round and even if you are surprised. You and all allies within 5 squares of you are no longer surprised. You can act during the surprise round, if applicable. If no one is surprised, skip the surprise round and instead begin combat as normal.

extra +2d6 for a crit with the level 9 version.

Anyone feel this needs nerfing?

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, Dragon 371 is in the list of things that will be auto-approved late September after the change to the proposal system.

You don't have to make proposals to get new material included anymore, just to exclude problematic things you see ;)

That said, this background can give you +2 to a skill plus +1 to damage vs. undead? That seems a bit much for a background, to me. Unless I'm missing something - I don't have DDI, so I'm just going on what you've posted.

renau1g

First Post
No it's either or benefit. so you get either +1 to the damage against undead or the +2 to an associated skill or making one of them a class skill.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
You don't get all of them. The damage vs undead is instead of getting +2 to one of the associated skills, or having one of said skills added to your class skill list.

CaBaNa

First Post
so late september... :( but I'm leveling up NOOOoooOOOoooW :( (make this as whiny as possible)

But Maaaaa! Maaaa!

Hahaha :lol:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I believe the official date will be Sept 19.

And I feel your pain, Cabana. That's when Divine Power becomes official, and Raiyek just leveled up too :( My plan is to wait to submit for approval until the 19th ;)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I just logged in to post about this too - I just noticed that the backgrounds in this article look like the generic PHB2 style, but they actually have extra effects. So:

I propose we exclude the backgrounds from this article.

The rationale is that we generally allow PHB2-style backgrounds (just a +2 skill bonus or skill training) since they're generic, and our own regional backgrounds with more specific effects for flavour. These have specific effects, but they're not tied to our world.

So now that I've proposed this, 371 will be adopted in a month as usual, except for the backgrounds. We have to vote on those. On the plus side, if we vote on them early and vote NO to my proposal to exclude, they could be adopted right away!

(I'm not trying to pick on Kamotz here. I agree the background you picked is appropriate for him, and I'm not saying they're unbalanced. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that they're not your standard backgrounds, so I think we should vote on them specially. Maybe we could ban them generally but allow Kamotz to take this one due to his recent setting-specific experience with the undead?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases