Speaking of Broken... Discussion over items needing Proposal

CaBaNa

First Post
No worries, hence the new name of the thread...

Notice the first posts edit. new broken stuff for Kamotz!

between the background, HotF, Double weapons, and the Wolfen Weapon, Kamotz could be a super broken nightmare!

Alas, everything has gotten the nerf bat, and Kamotz is only a mere mortal...

HA!

Serious note, I'll keep throwing questionable material out, you keep voting on it's legality, life keeps going!

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
I seem to remember discussion of Wolfen weapons, back when the dragon they were from was first proposed. ISTR concerns being raised that every party from middle heroic onwards would just keep one of these in their backpacks, and say goodbye to surprise being part of the game.

I can't remember if we just left them unapproved, or if we clarified that you had to be holding it for the effects to apply. I'm sure that thread is still kicking around somewhere, but I don't have time to dig for it right now.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Were those from the Wolves of Maldeen article? If so, we just banned the entire thing (I think it was over that one item, which seems like overkill). Since it's on the list of stuff we officially voted NO to, it won't be included when everything goes in in September, although I'm pretty sure it's been long enough it could be re-proposed.

CaBaNa, can you put "Proposal:" back in the thread title so that I can find this thread again when it's time to gather everything up? Thanks.

CaBaNa

First Post
Disrupting Weapon, from Dragon 364...

Broken or not?

Level: 8
Price: 3400 gp
Weapon: Flail, Hammer, Mace
Enhancement: +2 attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +2d6 radiant damage
Property: This weapon can be used as a holy symbol. It adds its enhancement bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls, and attacks can be augmented by this weapon’s power when it is used as an implement. You do not gain your weapon proficiency to an attack roll when using a disrupting weapon as an implement.
Property: On a critical hit you deal 2d10 radiant damage instead of +2d6 against undead.

Power (Daily • Radiant): Free Action. Use this power when you hit an undead creature with this weapon. Deal +1d10 radiant damage.

Kamotz is still looking for a weapon to fulfill his wish list...

I ask because I want to know before september.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Looks comparable to the Scalebane weapon from AV, except with a little lower extra damage and the ability to be used as a holy symbol.

I don't have a problem with the holy symbol bit, since needing a magic weapon and magic holy symbol can be such a huge damper on character concepts. There's pact blades/hammers/swords/etc ..., why can't there be a holy symbol weapon earlier than Holy Avengers?

Remove ads