New Setting Element, Arcane Society for PC's

CaBaNa

First Post
@Neurotic
The members can acknowledge that the society exists, but not who else is a member, society goals, or projects.

The party can hear things like, "I'm a member", "I claim this site for The IAC, I'm posting this no trespassing notice, and classifying this area as experimental research.", and "Would you like to join the IAC?".

Think of it like the Freemasons, it's secret, but not because people don't know it exists. Because the public doesn't know it's rites of passage, goals, and membership information, that is what makes it secret.

Cults are the kind of secret society that if someone rejects membership you kill them... The IAC just says "thank you for your time" and continues it's secret machinations...

@All
The only people (And I use the term loosely) that know all of the IAC's membership info, and plans, are the Igors. They are notorious for being discrete and have served countless Wizards, mad scientists, and monstrous nobles in this regard for millennia.

Their only stipulation, when the torch-bearing towns-folk come, a back door be prepared for them.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I know it's still far away, but you may consider creating 'internal police', someone NOT affiliated directly and without vested interest in the institute, but whom you trust completely. if you let me know how can I contact you via e-mail, I'll send you a file with rough draft of such (but created with 3.5 in mind, so it's suggested members are spell-thieves among others...)

johnmeier1

Explorer
OOC: As renau1g said Georg is on a mission right now "To Catch a Crimelord" but he would have gotten his membership taken care of before that. Given the posts so far, it makes sense that he would only know Veruzak as another member for now, until he is introduced to others. Waiting on more information on symbols, but let me know so I can put the "band" on his character appearance

Fragsie

Explorer
It'd be cool if you linked the post to a list of Sites that the society has claimed in the first post. If the society takes off big time it'd help to keep track of what comes under their jurisdiction.

CaBaNa

First Post
Anything special going on for members?

The first post has been updated with some new information, and some more flushed out fluff.

When Enemy Among Us gives a moment for Veruzak to make the arrangements, either he, or an IAC enchanter will be into the bar to update the note. Also I'm working on flushing out the Grade Band idea, let me know what you think, and what you'd change about what I've got so far.

RedBeardJim

First Post
Assuming the big demon doesn't kill us all, I may have Morvannon claim the basement/house in Daunton's Dead Shadow. Looks like the rightful owners are all dead, after all.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases