Dnd Core Rulebook Set II

Byronic

First Post
Does anyone know if Wizards plans to sell the PHB 2, Monster Manual 2 and Dungeon Master 2 together as a core rule book gift set like they did with the first ones?

Henrix

Explorer
I hardly think we'll see such a beast. The 2's are not as big sellers, and, whatever WotC calls them, as essential to the game.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I hardly think we'll see such a beast. The 2's are not as big sellers, and, whatever WotC calls them, as essential to the game.

WotC could probably package them up together and put them on a discount like 3 for the price of 2 kind of thing. I think it's an opportunity unless their sales numbers are really really terrible.

garyh

First Post
WotC could probably package them up together and put them on a discount like 3 for the price of 2 kind of thing. I think it's an opportunity unless their sales numbers are really really terrible.

Actually, I think a box set would be a better idea if their sales were terrible. If the sales are great, than a lot of the potential market already would own at least one of the set, and not need the boxed set. On the other hand, if the sales are bad, then the boxed set savings might entice some folks who were originally not interested and don't own any of the books.

Not that I have a clue or care what the sales are. I enjoy 4e, that's all I need to know. :)

kitsune9

Adventurer
Since 'buy them at Amazon.com' already gets 3 for the retail price of 2 (or pretty close), I can't see WotC doing this.

I was thinking that when I was writing up the post and I'm sure that's probably the reason why WotC hasn't done it. Maybe they might offer an additional 5-10% off on the final product if we could speculate that they would do such a product in the future...

I would think that the PH2 has got to be an important book to get since it has other classes such as barbarian, druid, sorcerer, and bard. For the DMG2, well, iffy. MM2 probably in the middle (got to have more monsters!).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I would think they will offer the set but will not do so, and will keep it quiet, until after all three are released to avoid losing sales in the meantime.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases