Make your own Gelatinous Cube mini!

BraveSirKevin

First Post
The+cube+cometh.png

Download and build your own Gelatinous Cube!

After a long discussion here a few months ago, I'd been experimenting with transparencies to add some flexibility to the the dungeon dressings I've been designing, when this idea struck me. It uses papercraft techniques so it's fairly simple to put together. Have a look and let me know what you think! :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I always just figured that if I needed a gelatinous cube mini, I'd make some jell-o cubes and put one on the mat. The PCs could then have their choice of being devoured by cubes in the flavors of cherry or lime!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Some dice came in a transparent box that's a little under 2" square at the base. A medium mini could easily fit inside the box.

That's my "cube", if we ever need one.

Cheers, -- N

BraveSirKevin

First Post
Hey Brave Sir,

Really cool ideas. Liked the tiles you put out too!

Thanks! :) BTW got some more stuff for the Dungeon Tiles sets coming out soon...

Some dice came in a transparent box that's a little under 2" square at the base. A medium mini could easily fit inside the box.

That's my "cube", if we ever need one.

Cheers, -- N

The game's workshop dice come in a big translucent d6 that's about the right size and that'd probably work just as well.

I always just figured that if I needed a gelatinous cube mini, I'd make some jell-o cubes and put one on the mat. The PCs could then have their choice of being devoured by cubes in the flavors of cherry or lime!

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: I'd pick cherry... but the Jell-O cube wouldn't make it to the battle.

Orius

Legend
I made my own cheapo ooze minis several years ago. I took the lids off some margarine tubs, cut them out to the right size and just slopped a bunch of model enamel on it for the right color. Very quick and easy way of making minis for grey ooze, green slime, ochre jelly, and black pudding.

BraveSirKevin

First Post
I made my own cheapo ooze minis several years ago. I took the lids off some margarine tubs, cut them out to the right size and just slopped a bunch of model enamel on it for the right color. Very quick and easy way of making minis for grey ooze, green slime, ochre jelly, and black pudding.

That's a pretty good idea actually :) I made a whole bunch from the left over lumps of green stuff i'd always have after doing conversions. By that stage the green stuff was mostly dry so you couldn't do major reshaping, and it had lost it's stickiness, but you could smooth it and detail it enough to get rocks, debris and giant oozes (which you'd have to stick down with glue).

Orius

Legend
I was going to do a gelatinous cube with them as well. The lids were a translucent clear plastic, so my idea was just cut up 5 or 6 2x2 inch squares and glue them into a cube. Quick and dirty gelatinous cube.

BraveSirKevin

First Post
I was going to do a gelatinous cube with them as well. The lids were a translucent clear plastic, so my idea was just cut up 5 or 6 2x2 inch squares and glue them into a cube. Quick and dirty gelatinous cube.

Well, that's essentially what I've done here... except that I added some artwork for the digesting victims to make it a little less plain :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases