Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
The giant at the far end of the pool makes his exit lowering the water level just a bit and forcing the attendants to add more. Soon everyone gets a turn and is clean and fresh. The cleric gets his hair cut and beard trimmed as well. Your immediate need for cleanliness obliged thoughts begin to turn to food. It has been some time now since your breakfast, large though it was...

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl burps loudly, "BURRRRRRP! Oh, sorry, heh, was that out loud? Guess maybe it's time for a refill now that I've cleared out some space."

Scotley

Hero
Looking fresher than you have in some time. The party exits the bathhouse into the warm afternoon sun. The Cleric looks about getting his bearings and then points up the street to a little cafe. "Will that do?" He asks?

Scotley

Hero
The little cafe is known as the Two Trees based on the large elms that shade the space next to the cafe. The restaurant itself is rather small, mostly kitchen, but the outdoor space is pleasant enough. A few patrons remain lingering over a late lunch, but the typical midday rush is past. A tall stocky woman of about Radoon's years in an apron greets you and says, "Just sit where you like and I'll fetch you some drinks, we have a bit of the fruit and wine left or there's ale, beer or spring water as you wish dears." In one corner of the lot is a small pond with a tidy rock lined stream that weaves across the property giving the space a coolness and soft splashing sound. No doubt this is the source of the spring water.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon takes a seat at a table near the pond and has a look before sitting to see if there is any critters in there. As they pass the woman, Radoon replies, "Fresh fruit and wine would be very welcome indeed."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik answers, "Spring water, if you please." He finds a spot where he can watch the sky.

When the water is brought, Zurrik will taste it and then play with the glass as he surveys the area, always keeping one eye upwards.

Speaking with the hostess he asks, "Have there been any problems around this area with thugs recently?" Zurrik looks at her for a non-verbal response.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Ale for me, please, Good Lady." Gnurl will sit close to the stream and watch the water babbling by with fascination.

Scotley

Hero
Fruit comes in a mug and mixed with wine and juice. The tropical nature of the area has provided a guava like fruit, orange slices and a small dark berry.

The water is quite clean pure and refreshing.

The barmaid claps Gnurl lightly on the back as she puts down his mug. "Water's fine for listening' to, but ales fer drinkin' eh deary." Her rosy complexion may owe as much to visiting the ale barrel as working in the outdoors.

To Zurrik she answers guilelessly. "Not so's you'd notice luv. It's a rough town this is. We get our share of rabble-rousers, specially them goblintypes and gnollkin when they gets to drinkin' mind. Haven't seen anything I'd call unusual like if I take yer meanin'."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases