Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp73/76,AC23

As Gnurl continues his search a spear tumbles from a rack and very nearly pins him to the floor. He pales as he reads the tag.

[sblock=Tag]SKEWER-OF-GNOMES [RELIC]
Price (Item Level): 9,302 gp (12th)
Body Slot: — (held)
Caster Level: 20th
Aura: Strong; (DC 25) evocation
Activation: —
Weight: 4 lb.
This spear has an ornate bone head carved to resemble a skull with its mouth open in scream. Its shaft is set with long spikes, a the base is shod with a metal tip molded
the shape of a skull.
Carried primarily by kobold heroes these spears were designed to be true to their name. When you carry a skewer-of-gnomes, it functions as a Small +1 gnome bane spear if you are lawful evil, lawful neutral, or neutral evil.
Relic Power: If you have established the proper divine
connection, the spear also gains the unholy property (DMG 226 and reveals its quasisentience and abilities to you. A skewer-of-gnomes automatically sets itself against a charge, attacking and dealing double damage whenever a foe charges you. This attack uses your highest base
attack bonus and all relevant modifiers, just as if you were making an attack of opportunity.
To use the relic power, you must worship Kurtulmak and either sacrifice a 5th-level divine spell slot or have the
True Believer feat and at least 9 HD.
Lore: The first four skewers-of-gnomes were created for the kings of the most powerful kobold tribes by weaponsmiths working in cooperation with Kurtulmak’s clergy.
Since then, the secret of their manufacture has been passed down from parent to child and is known to only a handful of kobold weaponmakers (Knowledge [religion] DC 20).
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Sanctify Relic, unholy blight.
[/sblock]

Reading the tag, Gnurl's face blanches several shades whiter, and he begins to tremble all over. "Well....I can say for sure that I know one item I won't be choosing!" :p

Scotley

Hero
Geoffrey takes note of a shield hung on the wall. It is clearly of Elven make. The wood of the shield is some exotic hardwood of the Elven homelands while the metalic parts are all mithral. Based on the symbols it seems like this was the shield of some important syon of Elven nobility.

[sblock=tag]
BULWARK OF THE LIVING
Price (Item Level): 10, 157 gp (12th level)
Body Slot: —(held)
Caster Level: 7th
Aura: Moderate (DC 18); necromancy
Activation: — and standard (command)
Weight: 10 lb.
This heavy wooden shield is perfectly spherical and rimmed in mithral. The symbols of elven nobility are inlayed into the wood in mithral as well.
A good-aligned character who bears this +1 blinding heavy wooden shield can expend a 4th-level or higher divine spell as a standard action to cast death ward (PH 217) on himself.
Cost to Create: 5, 000 gp (plus 157 gp for masterwork heavy wooden shield), 400 XP, 10 days.
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, death ward,
searing light, good alignment.
[/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Geoffrey will inform the ock that the shield is his choice and with a sly wink to the orc say "Could i perhaps come to terms as to the purchase of said spear"

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil, AC 25 HP 66/66

Zurrik discovers that the collection includes a belt of battle.

OOC: Warlocks can benefit from the various meta-magic rods and any items that boost ranged spells. Seems like their was a rod in complete mage that allows you to gain an extra eldritch blast shape power like three times a day. You are no doubt familiar with the Warlcock's Scepter and the Chasuble of Fell power.

Picking up a Chasuble of Fell power, Zurrik says, "I already have this." Seeing the Warlock's Scepter, Zurrik pats his sword, saying, "Warlock's Edge is a custom sword version of this."

Hearing Geoffrey's comment about the sword, Zurrik turns to Geoffrey with a grin.

"I'm stuck between the Belt of Battle and one of these top-of-the-line armor or weapon crystals to upgrade mine."

OOC: They top at 10k or so, but the DR 10/- is tempting. The undead weapon crystal is also tempting, since we are heading towards an undead lich, less so since Eldritch Blast damages undead, and Zurrik does not have sneak attack. I need to find the specs on that Eldritch Blast item.

Scotley, do we get XP as well?

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp73/76,AC23

Gnurl is just about to give up, when he looks down and sees a Gnomish-sized pair of exceptionally fine boots. He caresses the leather of the pair, and tries them on. They fit perfectly, of course. When the Gnome looks up again, he is positively beaming!

OOC: Boots of Speed is my tentative selection, unless I already have an item for that slot. (I don't think I do, but you never can tell with these slippery gnomes!)

Gnurl likes this choice much better than the eternal wand that he had considered before. (OOC: Although, if I think about it any more, I'll probably switch back again!)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I need to find the specs on that Eldritch Blast item.

Scotley, do we get XP as well?

OOC: Yes, I'll get XP up soon.

[sblock=Rod of Eldritch Power]
Rod of Eldritch Power (from complete mage)
Beloved by warlocks, these rods augment the user's
eldritch blast.
Description: Although the various types of
rods of eldritch power vary somewhat in appearance,
they are all made of black iron. They average 2 feet in
length and are carved to resemble the straightened
spine of a demonic creature. A sculpted fiendish or
feylike head, clearly too small for the spine, protrudes
from one end.
When the rod is used, the wielder's eldritch blast
comes from the carved eyes and mouth of the sculpted
head, rather than from his hand.
Activation: A rod of eldritch power requires a swift
action to activate. It functions five times per day.
Effect: Each rod of eldritch power has one invoca-
tion—either a blast shape invocation or an eldritch
essence invocation—contained within it. You can
will it to apply this invocation to any eldritch blast you
fire while holding it. This allows you to make use of
blast shape or eldritch essence invocations you might
not normally have, but it does not change the normal
restriction that only one invocation of each type can
be applied to any given blast.
Aura/Caster Level: Varies by equivalent level of
the invocation.

least 4k
lesser 16k
greater 36k
dark 64k
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]H'Roosh is down 5 points of Wisdom - that was Drain, correct? Meaning it will take a Restoration spell (or two . . .) to get them back?

Any suggestions for magic items? All of his body slots are filled . . .[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=OOC]H'Roosh is down 5 points of Wisdom - that was Drain, correct? Meaning it will take a Restoration spell (or two . . .) to get them back?

Any suggestions for magic items? All of his body slots are filled . . .[/sblock]

OOC: [sblock=Mowgli]Yes, Restoration or lesser Restoration or just rest will get it back.

There are lots of items that don't take a slot. Let me give it some thought. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases