Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Scotley

Hero
The main port of the Border Isle's is a bustling place. Smaller ships dart to and fro staying out of the way of larger ocean going vessels and the massive logging ships. A few sleek military patrol ships bristling with weapons maintain a presence just at the horizon. The Raidiant Sun can use a special mooring for ships on the business of the church, but the Crestdancer will need to find a commercial berth.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl will ask Cap'n Swabby, "Do you have a favorite mooring spot?"

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

The main port of the Border Isle's is a bustling place. Smaller ships dart to and fro staying out of the way of larger ocean going vessels and the massive logging ships. A few sleek military patrol ships bristling with weapons maintain a presence just at the horizon. The Raidiant Sun can use a special mooring for ships on the business of the church, but the Crestdancer will need to find a commercial berth.

Having sailed to the Border Isle's many times, a feeling of nostalgia washes over Radoon. "Hmmm, I wonder if this is the last I shall ever see of this port..."

Once the ships are docked, Radoon will gather the others and say, "I think I know of just the spot to check up on our friend. It's called Matty's and it's not much more than a sailor's bar but every sailor that passes through here stops in for a drink. It's a bit of a tradition. If there is any information to be had, it'd be there."

Scotley

Hero
Captain Swabbie replies, "I've not sailed here before, but it is a rough looking place. A well lighted berth would be best."

Soon enough a place is found. Captain Swabbie suggests you restock the food supply while in port.

Radoon sees much that is familiar, but also a few changes. The port seems busier and there are new expensive looking townhouses on some of the hills overlooking the port that were bare when last he was here. Matty's does not appear to have changed at all since last you made port here. The place still looks like it needs a coat of paint and that a good wind might knock the place down, yet business seems to be good. A pretty good crowd of sailors are having lunch. The smell of a rich fish stew mingles with the smell of beer.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

A pleasing feeling of familiarity washes over Radoon upon seeing Matty's and several memories come flooding back. As the group enters the bar, Radoon will take a quick look around - not counting on seeing any familiar faces but ya never know.

Scotley

Hero
Instead of a familiar face, Radoon spies a familiar leg. The usual spiraled peg leg is said to be Narwal horn, but Radoon always figured it was just a well scrimshawed bit of ivory or tusk. It could only be Peg Leg Pelicanous. A scurvy sea dog of a woman, now of considerable age. She is sipping a liquor and dicing with a pair of halfling sailors at a corner table. Though she must be seventy, her hair remains as black as midnight. She is fingering one of the pistols at her belt and eyeing one of her companions suspiciously as he rakes in another pot.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Seeing the assortment of rough-looking sailor types, Gnurl is instantly transported back to the last time he was here. He staggers with the shock of the memory, and leans heavily on the nearest barstool. "Ay, carumba! I need a drink, and quickly!"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Instead of a familiar face, Radoon spies a familiar leg. The usual spiraled peg leg is said to be Narwal horn, but Radoon always figured it was just a well scrimshawed bit of ivory or tusk. It could only be Peg Leg Pelicanous. A scurvy sea dog of a woman, now of considerable age. She is sipping a liquor and dicing with a pair of halfling sailors at a corner table. Though she must be seventy, her hair remains as black as midnight. She is fingering one of the pistols at her belt and eyeing one of her companions suspiciously as he rakes in another pot.

Radoon will approach Pelicanous unseen and assume a spot near her left and speak into her ear, "I think he's cheating."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases