Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh enters Matty's with the rest of the crew, feeling a little awkward as always in such social situations. He picks up on Gnurl's familiarity with the place, and decides to stick fairly close to him.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Seeing H'Roosh looking uncomfortable and at a loss as to what to do when he approaches Gnurl's table, Gnurl says, "Yes, please join me, H'Roosh! Sit, sit, sit down at once! And then he says, in a low conspiratorial tone, "....and I'll regale you with the sordid tale of what befell our merry band the last time that we were here." Without mentioning any names or describing anyone in such detail that they might be recognized by any eavesdroppers, Gnurl will tell H'Roosh about the fight, and only general, vague terms about the participants. Except for himself, of course. In this version, Gnurl becomes the ultimate savior of the entire group and an unrivaled figure of truly heroic proportions. :D When Radoon begins to re-join the group, Gnurl will quickly wrap his story up and say to Radoon, "And Radoon here can vouch that every word that I have spoken is the unabashed truth, can't you Radoon??" :D

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The bartender, a tall thin fellow with crooked teeth, puts a mug of Gnomish ale in front of Gnurl in response to his urgent request for a drink. Seeing that H'Roosh appears to be in less of a hurry, he asks, "what can I get for you?"

Meanwhile the peg-leg woman never takes her eyes off the dice as she whispers back, "Well thank you for stating the obvious you old SeaDog, but how can I prove it?" in a louder voice she continues, "Radoon, its been a rough ride over many a wave since last I seen ya. Figured you was shark bait by now. How have ya been keepin' yourself?"

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil HP 66/66 AC 25

Zurrik enters the bar after the others are settled. He is used to such places, even though he has never been to this bar or even this island.

Zurrik lingers at the doorway and surveys the room. With his yellow garb and mystical equipment, he knows that he is in poor disguise. He sizes up the occupants and notes where his friends have settled. Looking for an empty seat at the bar, he takes a seat and asks the barkeep, "What's the local favorite? I'd like to try it." Zurrik pays with a silver (or more if necessary). Smelling the drink, he tries just a taste to see what he's been served. He then looks around to see if others are indeed drinking the same thing.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon places his hand hard on her shoulder as he would an old friend. "I probably should have been shark bait a time or two but as bad luck would have it, I'm here bothering you. Tell you what, if I can get him to admit he is cheating and return your losses plus a little for your trouble, will you sit and drink with me and my friends?"

Scotley

Hero
The bartender grins at Zurrik, "ha, the only locals round here is Gnolls, and they drink some pretty foul bitter stout." He slaps down a horn, literally an ox horn full of dark beer then he adds, "the sailors that frequent the place prefer grog, a silver gets you both in here." He draws a small mug from a big keg behind the bar then drops in a shot from a brown bottle and takes a pinch of brown powder from a box and tosses it in for good measure. He takes your silver coin on edge between thumb and forefinger and artfully bounces it on the bar to fly in an arc and drop into a hole near the middle of the bar. He places the same horn and mug combination in front of H'Roosh and says, "That'll be a silver for you too fins."

Scotley

Hero
Peg Leg winks at Radoon causing her face to wrinkle and her near toothless mouth to curl up on one side. "Ye think you can make an honest man of that bugger? He's crooked as a eel's wake. I'd enjoy the show, so if you can make good on your boast and get my money and then some along with a proper confession then I'll buy your and your whole crew a brace of rounds. We'll sit until they fall out of their chairs from the drink."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl says, "Telling all these stories is thirsty work! And hungry work, too! Master of the House, I'll have another gnomish brew, please, and some bread and meat, too, if you have some prepared." He fishes in his pouch and places a gold piece on the bar. "I'll get some change back, won't I?"

Scotley

Hero
"Depends on how much bread and meat you plan to eat Master Gnome. For a sliver I'll give you a trencher of today's stew--Lamb or for 2 silvers you can have a nice big filet of the catch of the day a fine snapper along with some rolls."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases