Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Having felt the other Halfling's knife in his side Radoon will again split his attack, this time two to the Halfling that was rolling the dice.

1st attack with primary hand (+2 shocking dagger) (1d20+12=22) (with dirty fighting move)

2st attack with primary hand (+2 shocking dagger) (1d20+7=20)

3rd attack (off hand (+2 cold iron dagger from Morwyn) (1d20+7=11)

damage rolls on attacks #1 and 2 (1d4+6=10, 1d4+6=9)

dirty fight move (1d4=1)

shocking damage (1d6=5, 1d6=3)

I'm guessing the 3rd roll missed so will not roll damage.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 29/62     AC: 17/20/22   
Init: +03    ST(F):+08   ST(R):+07    ST(W):+06

BAB: 09
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Radoon 19
Zurrik 15
Halflings 14
Gnurl 13
H'Roosh 7

Gnurl says, "'Scuse me while I whip dis out," whereupon he draws forth his wand of magic missile and fires 5 screaming bolts of violet force that unerringly strike the halfling cheat.

H'Roosh sees his friends wounded grievously by the unprovoked attack of the cheaters and wades into the fight, fists and feet flying. The monk's powerful attack leaves one of the halfling's reeling and unable to mount an attack.

Having felt the other Halfling's knife in his side Radoon will again split his attack, this time two to the Halfling that was rolling the dice. He lands a pair of blows that put the already reeling foe down. His attack on the other halfling misses.

OOC: Zurrik?

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil AC26 HP66/66

Zurrik dodges the breath of fire and raising his sword insists: "Drop your weapon, or die like your accomplice!"

OOC: Reflex save d20+10=16+10=26 no damage due to EVASION.

OOC: Hold action until remaining halfling's action is chosen. If halfling does not drop his weapon, empowered Eldritch Blast. Atk d20+13=17+13=30; Damage: 7d6=22*1.5=33

Scotley

Hero
The halfling seems determined to fight on. An unfortunate choice on his part as the warlock blasts him leaving only a greasy spot on the floor where he stood.

The bartender, having raced around the bar with a wickedly spiked mace to break up the fight discovers that it is quite over and stands dumbfounded.

Peg Leg Pelicanous eases down the hammer on the cocked pistol in her lap and slips it back under her cloak. "Barkeep, put that stick down and get back to work behind the bar, I believe I owe these gentlemen a couple of rounds. Radoon, you and your friends have my full attention. I didn't know ye had started sailing with such dangerous men..."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik looks around the bar to survey the reaction of the crowd as he replaces Warlock's Edge in its place on her belt. Turning to Gnurl he says with a sly grin on his face, "Master Gnurl, I'm sort of a two-trick pony in that regard, not a multi-talented, multi-faceted wizard like you."

OOC: Spot Check d20+2=4+2=6 So maybe I missed anything interesting

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl beams at Zurrik's praise. "Yeah, um, well, gosh, that may be so, I suppose, but those two tricks you can do are hellacious in the extreme," mutters Gnurl.

mleibrock

First Post
The halfling seems determined to fight on. An unfortunate choice on his part as the warlock blasts him leaving only a greasy spot on the floor where he stood.

The bartender, having raced around the bar with a wickedly spiked mace to break up the fight discovers that it is quite over and stands dumbfounded.

Peg Leg Pelicanous eases down the hammer on the cocked pistol in her lap and slips it back under her cloak. "Barkeep, put that stick down and get back to work behind the bar, I believe I owe these gentlemen a couple of rounds. Radoon, you and your friends have my full attention. I didn't know ye had started sailing with such dangerous men..."

Radoon takes a seat more out of blood loss weakness than choice. He places his hand over the kidney wound to help stem the river of blood. He begins to take on a pale complexion when he realizes it's not helping much.

With his free hand, he will begin downing drinks and telling the tale of the Lich to Pelicanous, including every detail he can remember. His voice gains in volume during the fight with the Lich and again during the fight with the count. He quiets to nearly a whisper during other parts. He will take not of the others in the bar to see if he has their attention as well.

"And so that is why we are here old friend. I figured if anyone had or knew of anyone who might have any useful information regarding The Lich, it would be you. I figured we'd scare off those two quarterlings and we'd have you to ourselves. That fight like many others did not go quite as planned but as Neptune has seen fit to pull me through everyone, I am still here and they are not so..." He quiets for his friends to interject.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Gnurl senses that his friend Radoon is inviting someone else to speak and relieve him from the burden of his tale. However, hearing the old sailor recount the party's most recent exploits has made the gnome wistful. He dabs a tear and remains uncharacteristically quiet.

"*snif* *sigh!*"

Scotley

Hero
As Radoon tells the tale a pair of lads are called in to remove the bodies. It seems the Border Isles remain a mostly lawless place where life is cheap.

As Radoon finishes, Peg-Leg Pelicanous drains her cordial glass and sighs. "A dark tale of dangerous magic and evil deeds." She unconsciously makes a sign against the evil eye with her left hand as she speaks. "While the Sea Sorcerer, the Lich I guess I should say and I have spent many a year in the Border Isles I can't say that I've met him. We don't exactly run in the same circles. He had quite the reputation as a dashing and powerful man when we were both a lot younger. As he got older though, his reputation changed. He was known as a recluse and a keeper of strange hours and stranger friends." She keeps her voice low as if somewhat uncomfortable speaking about the man. "He must be quite old, not just ordinary old like me, but an unnatural older than old sort of old. It was said that he prolonged his life with magic. But I guess even magic has its limits and he has sought out the power of undeath rather than life. No one has seen him in quite some time. I guess he'd sailed that fancy yacht of his weeks ago. But recently, there has been a lot of activity over at his place. Has a fancy tower that takes up a good bit of a nearby Isle."

Remove ads