Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Sotto voce: "Though not as unfriendly as we were . . ."

The normally stoic monk smiles slightly.

Radoon tries to restrain his snicker but soon is in full belly laughs at the monk's comment.

As his laughter finally subsides (which seems to have taken way too long to the rest of the group) he will ask of the lady, "Forgive me, Giles?"

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Yes, please just disregard our Radoon, as the rest of us have learned to do." Gnurl gives Radoon a friendly wink on the sly.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

"Yes, please just disregard our Radoon, as the rest of us have learned to do." Gnurl gives Radoon a friendly wink on the sly.

At Gnurl's approval, Radoon will begin his laughter again, but this time it is short lived.

He will look at H'Roosh, "Thanks for that friend, it has been way to long since I've had milk spew from my nose." As he buries his nose in his linen, he will again ask forgiveness from their host, "I'm sorry, I am not usually so ill-mannered, I just feel like I've been given my youth back - full of spit and vinegar! You mentioned someone named Giles?"

Scotley

Hero
While not privy to the joke, laughter is contagious and your host smiles along with you. "Ah yes, Giles is the local watchman. A very honest and upright fellow to be sure. He works out of the Whitehill office, just a couple of blocks from here. No doubt you can find him there or someone there can direct you to him if he is out. If you plan to visit the Watch office, I would appreciate it if you'd take them a basket of bread and such from me."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

While not privy to the joke, laughter is contagious and your host smiles along with you. "Ah yes, Giles is the local watchman. A very honest and upright fellow to be sure. He works out of the Whitehill office, just a couple of blocks from here. No doubt you can find him there or someone there can direct you to him if he is out. If you plan to visit the Watch office, I would appreciate it if you'd take them a basket of bread and such from me."
"Yes, we'd be delighted to take your treat to the guards! And I can personally assure you that most of the bread will be delivered safely!" ;) "Oh, might we also trouble you to borrow a stick or two of butter? Uh, I, um, need it to properly um lubricate my wand. Or something like that...."

Scotley

Hero
Chuckling softly at the Gnome's antics the lady responds, "I'll make sure it is an especially large basket and properly stocked with butter."

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

OOC: Anyone have anything else to discuss with our hostess?

IC:
Finishing with the small talk, Zurrik says, "We should be off to the Whitehall office to see Giles, then. I think we have a couple of other stops as well.

"What do we owe the establishment for the night and the meal?
"

Before they leave with the basket, Zurrik quietly mentions, "Please have your people be vigilant. This group is known to attract trouble from unusual quarters. If anything unusual happens, contact us via The Radiant Sun or The Crestdancer (I think that's right) at the harbor."

Scotley

Hero
"Crumpet informed me that everyone paid last night. If you wish to lodge another night the rate is 6 silvers each."

A servant brings out a large wicker basket filled with bread and other baked goods along with butter and jam for delivery to the watch.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

"Hmm, I must have been more drunk last night than I thought. Be that as it may, good day Lady. We may be back tonight, but today is still young."

Zurrik waits for the others to take their leave.

OOC: Ready to deliver the bread and goodies.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Zurrik sees Gnurl tapping his toe impatiently near the door. "If you're quite through chatting up the hostess, we can be off at your leisure.

Remove ads