Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: The sponsored link is somewhat annoying, but it's better than any other advertising solution that I've seen tried here in the last few years. You guys have no right to complain about the advertising as long as you're free members here, anyway! :p

OOC, still, but game-related: So, you want to give me the final results of the scroll, Scotley? :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: The "Admiral o' the High Seas" has promised that Community Supporters will be able to turn off sponsored ads just like any other ads on the site - he just hasn't been able to get it done yet . . .

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: The sponsored link is somewhat annoying, but it's better than any other advertising solution that I've seen tried here in the last few years. You guys have no right to complain about the advertising as long as you're free members here, anyway! :p

OOC, still, but game-related: So, you want to give me the final results of the scroll, Scotley? :)

OOC: The "Admiral o' the High Seas" has promised that Community Supporters will be able to turn off sponsored ads just like any other ads on the site - he just hasn't been able to get it done yet . . .
Heh! :eek: Sorry, Mowgli, I forgot that you were now a community supporter. Bitch away, bitch away.....

mleibrock

First Post
Crystal

Zurrik will offer the greater truedeath crystal to Radoon as a loan or for consideration later. "You showed a lot of courage against the vampires, especially for someone with only minor weapons against them. Your undead fighting ability will be enhanced with this on your returning dagger. Consider it a loan, or we can agree to something comparable later."

"It has been a pleasure to fight along side you, sir. Pray tell, can you tell me more about the crystal so that I might know when to effectively use it?"

After this exchange, Radoon will share that his magic item, the shirt of wraith stalking, will allow him to remain invisible to the lich. "Does anyone remember what his box looks like? Also, do we have to destroy the lich first and then the box or is destroying the box first enough?...Or do I need merely to open the box?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
After this exchange, Radoon will share that his magic item, the shirt of wraith stalking, will allow him to remain invisible to the lich. "Does anyone remember what his box looks like? Also, do we have to destroy the lich first and then the box or is destroying the box first enough?...Or do I need merely to open the box?"

"Your guess is as good as mine in regards to that - I have little to no experience battling the undead, other than what we've done recently."

Scotley

Hero
You saw the box only briefly as was carried away. It was about 10"x10"x3" and made of brass. (see attached pic).

OOC: Any of you can roll a knowledge arcana (dc20) or knowledge religion (dc25) check to gain the following information:

[sblock]An integral part of becoming a lich is creating a magic phylactery in which the character stores its life force. As a rule, the only way to get rid of a lich for sure is to destroy its phylactery. Unless its phylactery is located and destroyed, a lich reappears 1d10 days after its apparent death. The most common form of phylactery is a sealed metal box containing strips of parchment on which magical phrases have been transcribed. The box and the parchment inside must be destroyed. A good bashing with weapons and burning should do it. Such things are typically well protected.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Lich phylactery.jpg
    Lich phylactery.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 85

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil HP 66/66 AC 25

Zurrik ponders the Lich questions. "As I recall, we have to destroy the box and the parchment inside. Beat it and burn it should work. Since you didn't destroy the box last time, the lich reformed within 10 days or so. His life force is stored within the box. Destroy the box and destroy the lich."

OOC: Know (Arcana) 1d20+15=9+15=24

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Yes, Zurrik, you are correct. If we find the phylactery first, we should immediately destroy it. Then we must also destroy the lich before he has time to construct a replacement."

[OOC: Not positive this is right, but it sounds good for now. Gnurl surely knows the truth about this, though!]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Okay gang, I'm taking a short and much needed vacation. I don't expect to post again until next Friday. Hope you'll continue to make plans for the Lich in my absence.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases