Island Empire, Part IV To face the Lich

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Grinning from the hurt put on the fireplace occupant, whatever it is, Zurrik steps forward and and sends an Eldritch Blast towards it.

OOC: Eldritch Blast +13 7d6 20/x2; Sickening Blast (DC 14, FortNeg, sickened 1 min; L2)

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Zurrik takes another 5 ft step forward and adjusts his fire to the new opponent in the fireplace, sending an Eldritch Spear at him it, hitting squarely.

Radoon makes it almost close enough to attack the undead giant.

H'Roosh finds himself even closer after passing his friend.

The thing in the fireplace tosses a ball of flame at Zurrik, but it misses landing just behind him. A few sparks do land on him (1 point of fire damage).

Gnurl takes as much cover as he possibly can and casts Dispel Magic on/at the 'man-like' fire creature in the fireplace. "Get thee back to the elemental hell that spawned thee, Ice Tongue!" The fiery aura around the creature vanishes leaving only a few wisps of smoke behind and cause the small winged humanoid to yelp in shock.

The undead giant wheels around swinging his spear in a great arc, but somehow manages to miss both H'Roosh and Radoon though the spear tip does throw sparks as it grinds against the stone just above Radoon's head.

Geoffrey raises his holy symbol and speaks the words of a spell as if haranguing sinners from a pulpit. Twin lances of radiance shoot forth to strike the giant in the back and it roars in agony.

Serleon also casts a spell and a dark scythe of force materializes in the air near the giant and darts forth to slash him.

OOC: Scott, When you say almost close enough, how close am I? Might I be in throwing distance?

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Scott, When you say almost close enough, how close am I? Might I be in throwing distance?

OOC: You are at a disadvantage being 5' away. The Giant has reach, so if you throw he'll get an attack of opportunity against you. If you back up he'll have cover as you'll be moving down the stairs. You can take a 5' step forward and melee just fine however.

mleibrock

First Post
OOC: You are at a disadvantage being 5' away. The Giant has reach, so if you throw he'll get an attack of opportunity against you. If you back up he'll have cover as you'll be moving down the stairs. You can take a 5' step forward and melee just fine however.

Having a tough time visualizing this fight. If I go 5' forward, do you mean continuing up the stairs or off the stairs onto a platform?

If I continue up, will that give Radoon a superior position bonus? If so I'm thinking it might be worth it. If I go into Melee, my weapons are an extension of me and thereby invisible to right?

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions....

Scotley

Hero
Having a tough time visualizing this fight. If I go 5' forward, do you mean continuing up the stairs or off the stairs onto a platform?

If I continue up, will that give Radoon a superior position bonus? If so I'm thinking it might be worth it. If I go into Melee, my weapons are an extension of me and thereby invisible to right?

Hmmmm, decisions, decisions....

OOC: The Giant is on the platform so you won't gain any advantage by moving up other than getting into Melee range. Your weapons should be invisible.

mleibrock

First Post
So can Radoon move the other 5' this round or has he already moved the maximum?

If Radoon can move him the other 5' I will and I'll have him attack.

I'll post a revises action tonight.

Scotley

Hero
So can Radoon move the other 5' this round or has he already moved the maximum?

If Radoon can move him the other 5' I will and I'll have him attack.

I'll post a revises action tonight.

OOC: You moved to within 5' last round. So you can take a 5' step and do a full attack now.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon moves up 5' so that he can engage the giant and begins slicing and dicing.

First and third attacks are primary hand and with: (+2 shocking returning dagger (+1d6 electrical) w/ Truedeath crystal (greater) in hilt – MIC page 66. (+1d6 vs undead, deliver sneak attacks and crit hits vs undead, also negates incorporeal creature’s 50% chance to avoid damage).

Second attack is with off hand and uses: (+2 cold iron icy burst dagger from Morwyn 1d6 cold damage, on a critial hit it does another 1d10)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases