Proposal: Great Halberd, New Superior Reach Axe

ukingsken

First Post
I think I have been swayed. I dont have the time/inclination to crunch numbers about whether bonus to hit or damage etc s better, but I understand it all :)

I think I'm ok with this weapon and thus approve the Superior Reach Axe of joy!

YES

garyh

First Post
So I've got "Yes" from renau1g, TwoHeadsBarking, and ukingsken, and a preemptive "No, until further reviewed" from stonegod.

Unless there's another "No" or a "Yes" flips to "No," this will pass Sunday at 5:50 PM PDT. Yay!

When does Divine Power go live here?

EDIT: Answered my own question. Divine Power is live today! Between DP being live and the great halberd looking to pass, I guess I ought to go stat my PC up and code her into the Wiki. :)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
I'm not saying every reach weapon is 2h, I'm saying I'd require a reach weapon to be one, especially a reach weapon that does decent damage.

Velmont

First Post
Compared to the Waraxe, you exchange the Versatile attributes for Reach. Versatile is strong because it include the fact you can have a shield (So +2 AC and Refl). Compare to that weapon, the Great Halberd seems fine with me.

That was my 2 coppers.

elecgraystone

First Post
Versatile is strong because it include the fact you can have a shield (So +2 AC and Refl).
Actually Versatile is the weakest attribute by far IMO. It only gives a non-scaling +1 damage if you use the weapon in two hands. The ability to use a weapon in one hand isn't an attribute and to use the +1 damage you have to give up that shield. The only time I see it as a real bonus is if your class can't use a shield. The ability to hit someone an extra square away seems a lot better than a possible extra +1 damage [if you're using a shield, the attribute does nothing for you].

Remove ads