Dungeonaday campaign/freeform combat playtest [PFRPG][OOC]

Malvoisin

First Post
Hey folks,

A conversation in the 'new guy' thread has bloomed into a group of interested players (Rhun, HolyMan, Walking Dad) and myself who want to work on developing a mapless combat system for OGL gaming. The objective is to use the campaign as a playtest for developing ideas that permit strategic combats (still incorporating OGL features like flanking, attacks of opportunity, etc.), but without the use of battle maps.

The current proposal is for me to DM a game using Monte Cook's dungeonaday mega-dungeon as the setting. The system to be used is the Pathfinder RPG rulebook. Character roles are still largely up in the air. HolyMan wants to play a martial character with a reach weapon...everything else still yet to be determined.

I'd like to get at least one more interested person (for a party of four PCs), but I'd take up to three more if there is significant interest. Remember that the objective is two-fold: have fun exploring a really cool dungeon, and collaborate in a relaxed fashion to see whether mapless OGL gaming is really viable. Interested candidates should be easy-going, and flexible enough to adapt to rules changes mid-stream.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Character gene rules ??

Anything special or take right out of the PRD?

STATS- roll or point buy
STARTING GP- set or rolled
CLASS/RACE- any restrictions
LVL- starting lvl?
MISC- flaws, traits etc.

just a couple questions

HM

Malvoisin

First Post
Character gene rules ??

Anything special or take right out of the PRD?

STATS- roll or point buy
STARTING GP- set or rolled
CLASS/RACE- any restrictions
LVL- starting lvl?
MISC- flaws, traits etc.

just a couple questions

HM

My preferences (all negotiable):

Stats: 15 Point Buy
Starting GP: Average
Class/Race: Anything Core (with the caveat that we want a good class variety for the playtest)
Starting Level: 1st
Misc: 2 Traits, No Flaws

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darn no flaws guess I'll wait for my Dazzling Display feat lol np

sounds good now i can finish my crunch

HM

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm also interested. My main problem is deciding what to play... I am curious about clerics, though: will you be using Golarion's pantheon?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases