Ignorance runs wild.

Thatroe

First Post
If any players have an issue with my character Thatroe I want them to just confront me. It seems all people want to do is conceive lies and over exaggerate events that take place within ISRP. I am going to bring it into the open. I have been accused of violating the CoC; though, I admit I have violated it in many forms, but not in this one way. I have been accused with performing undesirable things to other people's characters while on site. I have not.. And if it is in a circumstance to where my character would perform such deeds I ask the player, if they say no I go no further, but if they say yes I will request we perform the scene on IM or Unlikely. I want a Magi to explain to me what rule I broke in what i just explained.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
If any players have an issue with your char that they feel is a violation of the Code of Conduct, they should send the room and time to "isrpmagi@gmail.com" and we'll investigate it. It helps if the report is sent within 24 hours of the possible violation.

You aren't supposed to discuss playing scenes that would violate the Code of Conduct anywhere in the chat, not even in PMs. You have no idea how sensitive the other player is to such ideas, or whether the player is underage. If you do know the other player that well, then presumably you have another way to contact them, either through e-mail or an IM client, and you can discuss it there.

And, btw, bragging that you've viiolated the CoC in many forms isn't likely to get you much sympathy when someone does report you for an actionable offense.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
If any players have an issue with my character Thatroe I want them to just confront me. It seems all people want to do is conceive lies and over exaggerate events that take place within ISRP. I am going to bring it into the open. I have been accused of violating the CoC; though, I admit I have violated it in many forms, but not in this one way. I have been accused with performing undesirable things to other people's characters while on site. I have not.. And if it is in a circumstance to where my character would perform such deeds I ask the player, if they say no I go no further, but if they say yes I will request we perform the scene on IM or Unlikely. I want a Magi to explain to me what rule I broke in what i just explained.

Well if you want to email me the details of the incidents where you knowingly and willingly broke the Code of Conduct I'll be happy to tell you how you did it and issue you warns for it.

As Trelian already explained, if you have something you want to say to the Magi then the proper way to do it is to send us an email and we will investigate and reply. That way there are no concerns about the privacy of the innocent and guilty. It also means we can deal with the matter directly with those involved without disrupting others.

Making big call outs, like this one, can in itself be a Code of Conduct violation:

Trolling or baiting by putting to the screen inflammatory statements designed to elicit a negative response from the community.

Based off all this I feel I should clarify why we have the Code of Conduct and the spirit behind it so that you will understand why it is important that you do not breach it.

The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to support the sustaining and growth of a community that allows for a wide variety of people who are joined by their love of role playing and to provide a safe and comfortable place for them to do this together.

That means if the Code of Conduct says you can't do something then it's because we know that kind of behaviour makes a portion of our community uncomfortable and they don't want to exposed to it in their day to day happenings. There is not a single rule that was added arbitrarily or that has not been discussed or reviewed to make it better serve the community at some stage. That is the reason we have an entire forum devoted to the discussion of it.

The Code serves the community because it means we are all free to enjoy ourself without being upset or exposed to something we'd rather not (within reason). If you are not willing to avoid offending your fellow community members by following the Code of Conduct then you are not willing to be a member of this community and should leave.

For that reason, whenever anyone reports to the Magi that something happened that they perceive to be a Code of Conduct breach then we investigate. That means we look at room logs, we talk to parties involved, make inquiries as necessary and may discuss the matter in the Magi forums.

If we find that a complaint is justified then appropriate action is taken, if we find it is not then we take action appropriate to an unjustified complaint. All the while everyone else gets to carry on and enjoy themselves.

We do this so that any small problems in the community can be smoothed out and fixed before they become big problems. That way while a few people may have a problem it doesn't have to upset or effect the rest of the community and everyone else can continue to enjoy themselves while we fix things. All we ask is a little co-operation from members when it's required to help the community.

If you do not think that it's important than the rest of the community be able to enjoy themselves without being hassled by your problems or that we shouldn't investigate anything that is properly reported to us then you are not respecting the rights of the community and you should leave.

Otherwise if you wish to discuss an specific incident you can email us (isrpmagi@gmail.com) or you have an issue with a specific Magi you can email myself (gabriel@unlikely-heroes.com) or Siani (stormwind@oakstone-keep.com). If you have a question about the general nature of rules you can post it in the appropriate forum.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases