Best horror modules any system any game

Crothian

First Post
With Halloween approaching fast I'm on the look for good horror themed adventures that are both really fun and can be played in 4-6 hours. It does not really matter the system or the game because I can run most anything and can covert things to simpler games.

Ravenloft (I6) is always a class but I've ran that. What suggestions do people have?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Fool's Paradise for Principia Malefex is a worthy horror supplement that deals with more mundane threats (i.e., religious fanatics, schizophrenic killers, etc) than supernatural weirdness (though options for supernatural weirdness are included). It contains six standalone scenarios (Dinner Party being my favourite).

Last edited:

GlassJaw

Hero
Any of the Pinebox Adventures for d20 Modern by 12 to Midnight. There are Savage Worlds versions available too.

+1 on this. I luuuuuvvvvv the 12 to Midnight stuff, and Savage Worlds is a great system for horror. The production values and maps on all the 12 to Midnight stuff is top-notch as well.

Jacob's Well (Dungeon #43) is also one of my favorite horror adventures, and also one of my favorite Dungeon modules. It's kind of a D&D meets Cthulhu meets Alien. :devil:

For gory/nasty horror, Paizo's Hook Mountain Massacre from Rise of the Runelords (#3) is awesome. I've been wanting to include this in a campaign for a while now.

Filamena Young

First Post
The Pinebox material is fantastic.

Also, (since no one mentioned it and you're looking for any system) you should check out the Collection of Horrors. It's a bunch of little one shot short scenarios just the right size for a four to six hour games. It's written for Hunter, but you can drop it into any nWoD game.. or just use the clues and audio tidbits for any game.

Full Disclosure: I wrote one of them. My husband wrote one as well, it won an Ennie this year. Great stuff, including audio files and stuff.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I got good use out of the first adventure in NWoD's Urban Legends (the one where
the adventure starts with one PC waking up in an ice-bath missing a kidney). You can make it all supernatural or play it more like something out of the movie Seven. Sure, it's all creepy to have your kidney stolen as part of some crazy occult ritual, but it's even more effective if it turns out it was stolen because some nutter just likes to eat kidneys
:D

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
The new adventure, Digging for a Dead God is great. Nazis...jungle...Call of Cthulhu...that alone is worth the price of admission, but the pregens (6 of them) make for a very special event...get this now!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases