To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As an FYI, I'll ask you to hold any further actions until my next update. I am waiting on a response about the increased XP before I move this forward...you might be able to guess what's around the corner ;), but I don't want you to miss out on increased xp because I didn't wait a day or so.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Raiyek/Lily/Georg/Carolina]
You notice figures beginning to stir from behind the piles of crates in front of you.
[/sblock]

Kruk's axe slides loudly across the floor, scraping loudly across the hardwood.

You hear a laughing coming from behind the crates in the center of the room. "Welcome, please come in and let us see your faces" a high-pitched voice cackles.

[sblock=OOC]
No change to the previously posted map, you'll need to get your light source in the room (aka Kruk) to cast the light at a different angle.

Surprise Round:

Init:

Carolina - 20 <- You're up.
Lily - 18
Raiyek - 15
Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
Georg - 11
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina aims between Raiyek and Grim and launches a bolt at one of the shifting figures (preferably at the one talking, if she reckons he's one of them).

[sblock=OOC]IC is down.
Sly Flourish +7; 1d6+8 damage plus 2d8 Sneak Attack damage if applicable[/sblock]

[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 9
AC:17, Fort:11, Reflex:17, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek calls back to the high pitched voice, "Why don't you come out and show us your faces as well?" The paladin lowers into a combat stance, shield and sword at the ready to charge the first enemy that comes close enough.
[sblock=OOC]I assume Kruk and Grim aren't listed in the initiative because they didn't notice the enemies soon enough for the surprise round?

Ready a charge with Ardent Strike at the first enemy that comes in range (column 16 or closer). +8 vs. AC, 1d10+4 damage, and if hit the target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.
[sblock=Divine Sanction]A creature subject to Raiyek's Divine Sanction is marked by him while the sanction remains. Unless specified otherwise, the mark ends before the specified duration if someone else marks the target. Until the mark ends, the target takes 5 radiant damage the first time each round it makes an attack that doesn't include Raiyek as a target.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Hmm...

Seeing how far away the would be ambushers were Lily quickly decided on a plan of action.

Come back Lith, she whispered and the shadowy thing dissolved into inky vapor.

[sblock=ooc]

minor: dismiss spirit companion

[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Carolina aims between Raiyek and Grim and launches a bolt at one of the shifting figures (preferably at the one talking, if she reckons he's one of them), but her attack lands squarely in the center of one of the crates they are behind.

[sblock=OOC]
1d20 7=16, 1d6 8=14, 2d8=13
[/sblock]

Hmm...

Seeing how far away the would be ambushers were Lily quickly decided on a plan of action.

Come back Lith, she whispered and the shadowy thing dissolved into inky vapor.

Raiyek calls back to the high pitched voice, "Why don't you come out and show us your faces as well?" The paladin lowers into a combat stance, shield and sword at the ready to charge the first enemy that comes close enough.

"Very well, if you insist" the voice says, and a quartet of humanoids walks out of either side of the crates. To the south, a human wearing chainmail stands with a halberd raised in front of him. Behind the human, a dwarf appears with a crossbow, and fires a bolt at Raiyek, catching the elf off guard and penetrating his new found armor. To the north, another human steps out, this time carrying a greataxe and wearing scale armor with a large closed eye on the center of the armor. Behind him is a gnome carrying a simple wooden stick, the creature says "Welcome to our humble abode, you shall not leave"

[sblock=OOC]

Dwarf fires a bolt at Raiyek - 1d20 8=28, 1d8 2=5, 1d6=1 Crits for 16 damage -1 for resist all = 15 (thanks LS)

Others ready actions.

So Georg's surprise round first, then regular combat starts

Init:

Grim - 22
Carolina - 20
Lily - 18
Raiyek - 15 - 24/39
Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
Georg - 11 <- You're up.
Kruk - 8 (not yet though, need to wait until surprise round is done.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I now claim Raiyek "crit magnet!"
You've had the worst luck in the last 3 months or so.

May your luck change for the better from here on out. :)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, he does seem to be a bit of a crit magnet, doesn't he? At least he's got the hp to deal with a couple before going down now. ;)

I was meaning to ask, dimsdale - does Kruk want the north group or the south? I don't think it really matters at this point which of us goes where, so I'll take the others :)

Also, shouldn't Raiyek only take 15 damage, since he has resist 1 all?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases