To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

Tinwe

First Post
Grim crawls forward, calling "Nice trick with the blade! Now come back- I'll show you a trick of my own!"

[sblock=mechanics]

Standard: Jaws of the Wolf (Miss = half damage) (1d20+6=24, 2d10+6=11, 1d20+5=25, 2d12+4=25, 1d6=4)
Crit! That maximizes the 2d12 roll and the 1d6 quarry damage. Assuming a 24 hits AC, that's 45 damage (39 if 24 misses AC)
Minor: Off-Hand Strike (1d20+5=20, 1d12+4=14)

Grim is still Prone.
[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
Grim:
HP: 14/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges/day: 7
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
Status effects: Prone

Powers:
Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Hit and Run

Predatory Eye
Off-hand Strike

Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Jerk.... halberd wielder is dead after this attack...seriously... WTF?!?! level 3 soldier nearly would've been killed in 1 hit...well done.

Can you please teach my RL ranger friend how to play, he does average damage less than my shielding swordmage...
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Jerk.... halberd wielder is dead after this attack...seriously... WTF?!?! level 3 soldier nearly would've been killed in 1 hit...well done.

Can you please teach my RL ranger friend how to play, he does average damage less than my shielding swordmage...

Well, to be fair... it was a daily crit + an encounter. :p
Rangers *are* fun, though. Grim is the first one I've played. [/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Speaking up too late to catch Carolina's attention Lily sets her sights on helping the others. Dashing out from behind cover she moved close enough to work her magic. Quickly working an evocation she summoned up a small ghost like creature which zipped through the air toward Grim. The phantasm impacted him in the back and vanished inside of him, filling him with renewed vigor. As this happened Lith performed a similar action as a small fragment of itself separated and snaked toward Raiyek.

Her first spell done, Lily raised the skull she carried and pointed it toward the man with the huge axe. Its eyes flared and a wave of tiny spirits issued forth and swarmed around the warrior in a sad attempt at supernatural harassment. Lily seemed disappointed in the efficiency of her magic.

[sblock=ooc]

No worries IG.

move: move to G15

minor: Healing spirit on Grim, he can spend a healing surge and if he does Raiyek regains 1d6=2 HP.

standard: Haunting Spirits: vs Will [target: axe guy] (1d20+4=9)
If it hits Psychic Damage (1d6+4=7), and until the end of Lily's next turn, the target grants combat advantage to Raiyek.

Blah I can't seem to roll well except for perception checks.

Reminder: Raiyek can shift as a free action at the start of his turn since he's adjacent to Lith (though I'm not sure what good it would do).

[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
Grim takes a deep breath as he gazes up at the toppling figure of the man standing over him, and he eases up his grip on his already-swinging blade.
[sblock=OOC]
Grim heals 7 hp (and does not expend Off-Hand Strike). Grim also gains 5 temp hp (for downing an enemy with a melee attack)

dims, I think I've only crit 3 times in 2 adventures.. I've just done so twice on my daily. :)[/sblock][sblock=stats]
Grim:
HP: 21/30 +5THP
Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges/day: 6/7
AP:1 Second Wind:not used
Status effects: Prone

Powers:
Hunter's Quarry
Twin Strike
Hit and Run

Predatory Eye
Off-hand Strike

Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Rising back to his feet, strengthened by Lily's magic, Raiyek spots a vulnerability in the greataxe wielding human's armor. However, the human continues to press the paladin hard, thwarting his attempt to take advantage of the opening.

The elf does, however, see Grim's opposite luck as he eviscerates the halberd wielder. "Well done, Grim! One enemy down, only three to go!"
[sblock=Actions]I'm not sure I can really make use of the free shift since I'm prone at the moment ... but I didn't forget, at least!

Move: stand up
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on axe-wielder
Standard: Holy Strike vs. axe-wielder: 1d20+8=9 vs. AC, 1d10+7=17 radiant damage plus 1d6=1 damage.
Rerolling attack with elven accuracy: 1d20+8=10 vs. AC ... wow, that's so much better! At least Grim can still hit something, haha.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 26/39 +1 thp, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers
Holy Strike
Ardent Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
Strength from Valor
Virtue
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Regarding prone and shifting. I was looking for that earlier because I thought I might be able to get Tinwe to delay so I could move the spirit companion over there so Grim could stand and attack on his turn. I couldn't find anything that says you can't shift when you're prone (though I might have missed something). Unfortunately that particular trick wouldn't work anyway since when you delay all start of turn actions occur at your original initiative count, meaning the spirit companion couldn't be in place in time to achieve the appropriate effect.

I imagine a prone shift would be like a quick roll, or a defensive scuttle back while holding the opponent bay with your weapon.

[/sblock]

Remove ads