To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina waits to enter until last, staying well behind the others with her crossbow drawn, taking advantage of the positioning of the light to hide her small frame.

[sblock=OOC]Well, that was the fastest six days EVER. Looks like I'm back online already. Yay me![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk looks around before stepping into the hideout. "A place like this is bound to have traps." He scans the area for anything that might seem that could present a threat.

ooc: perception check 1d20+3 = 8

Not noticing anything, Kruk grabs a handaxe, while holding his battleaxe and shield with his left hand, and skips it across the floor due west (from H21 to H11 or so) to the otherside of the room with the intent of triggering any traps that are activitated by movement or hidden pressure plates. He then quickly grabs his battleaxe with his right hand and waits for a reaction, if any.

[sblock=stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
*AC =22
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Might have spoken too soon on the internet. I'm here--barely--but who knows for how long. I'm having intermittent connection issues, and so far it's fastest speed rivals a high-end 56k. A technician scheduled for Thursday morning, and will be leaving with a shiny new square lump in his arse if it's not fixed shortly thereafter.

On a different, more game-appropriate note... nice map Ren. Did you make it or snag it from somewhere? Gotta love Maptool.[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg slaps his free hand to his forehead at Kruk's "technique". He then scans the room with a keen eye looking for anything. He stands ready to follow Kruk into the room and stay closer to the front, holding his staff confidently.

[sblock=OOC] Some detecting of persons and magic:
1d20+2=20 Perception
1d20+9=10 Arcana

Ah, the perils of 1d20 rolls. Looks like a pretty good active perception check for Georg though. I think I would move Georg to the front if possible, though there doesn't seem to be room right now.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk hears the frustrated magic user behind him. For a second he thought that Georg's staff would come down on his head. "Something wrong spell caster? What do you want me to do, barge right in. I believe they know that we are here by now. Call me paranoid, but I just have a feeling that we're walking into a trap." Kruk moves foward one square west in order for the rest of the group to come in if they wish. "I'm not the leader type. I only charge when I see an enemy. Currently spell caster, I see no one. I'd be delighted to hear your thoughts on what to do now" Kruk states with a grin and a hint of sarcasm.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
IG - I snagged it from the Cartographer's Guild. I am definitely indebted to those guys for their help. They are excellent at Map Tools, and I love that I can poach it for our use here.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek speaks to the party in a hushed tone as he moves slowly into the warehouse beside Kruk. "Calmly, everyone. This does smell of a trap. Keep your eyes peeled, and try to stay quiet."

[sblock=OOC]Raiyek will also move 1 square west, staying beside Kruk.

Perception: 1d20+11=18 looking for traps, areas of note, or anyone else in the warehouse.
Insight: 1d20+9=13, which I guess defaults to my passive 19. Trying to think of where a crimelord and his lackeys would set an ambush in here, and what they're waiting for.

Also: C'mooooon! I've got a new magic sword and armor and encounter power, and I'm itching to try them out! :p[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Lily closed her eyes and for a brief moment a faint strange whispering sound seemed to drift through the air. Then her eyes snapped open and she nodded her head curtly as in affirmation, mhmm.

[sblock=ooc]

Use speak with spirits for a perception check.
Perception (1d20+9+1+4=29)

That seems decent enough check to wait before detailing anything farther, but the basic plan is to send in Lith to see if any baddies can be baited into revealing themselves.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)]
Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
  • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
  • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
  • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
  • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Haunting Spirits
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike