To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging)

renau1g

First Post
Grim moves forward, pauses, glares at the halberd-wielding human, and charges into battle, his new blade glowing red as it spills blood for the first time.

Carolina enters the room and darts for cover from the debris along the wall, firing her crossbow at the halberd-wielding human, but Grim's sudden charge throws off her aim as she needs to adjust for his new position.

Lily's eyes darted back and forth between the armed individuals. Biting her lip and screwing up her courage she made a dash for cover near the door. As she slid to a stop her eyes widened as she saw more bad guys on the north side of the room. Eeep!

She pointed the skull in that general direction, go get 'em!

In the light shining from Kruk's shield an observant person might have seen Lily's shadow vanish as the plume of darkness and gnashing teeth erupted in front of the axe wielding man. The eyes of the skull flared and Lith's form blossomed eyes that look like hungry things waiting in the dark as it lashed out wide with a shadowy tentacle, but the axe-wielder easily sidesteps it.

Raiyek whispers a short prayer to Palladys which buffers his resolve, helping to ignore some of the pain from the dwarf's bolt.

At the same time the elf charges across the warehouse, slashing the greataxe-wielding human with his sword and leaving a nimbus of golden light around the man. "Come, friends! Show them our wrath!"

The halberd wielder steps back from Grim and swings his weapon in a wide arc, catching the bugbear in the back of his knees, dragging him to the hardwood floor with a loud *thud*

The dwarf steps out from behind the boxes and returns fire on Carolina, but his shot is equally ineffective, going wide of the halfling.

The gnome looks at the Carolina saying "No, no, that won't do at all, please come out dearie" as a burst of flame is visible in her mind sending the halfling out from behind her cover.

He follows up by pointing his wand near Raiyek, the floor becomes coated with a slick substance, causing the elf to loose his footing and fall on the ground with a clatter. The gnome then points the wand again and the greasy floor becomes even more treacherous looking. He ducks behind the boxes for cover.

The warrior stares down Raiyek, "See how your god fares against the Eye!" he says as Raiyek feels unable to take his focus from the warrior, but his will holds strong in the face of this foe, the eye on his armour opening briefly. Cursing the warrior brings his axe down on Raiyek, but the blow is far from lethal.

[sblock=OOC]

Halberd wielder hits Grim for 16 damage and knocks prone

Dwarf misses Carolina

Gnome hits Carolina with Startling Glamer, shifting her to F17
He casts Grease on F12, then AP's to cast Phantasmal Terrain - Raiyek falls prone

Axe-wielder marks Raiyek and spirit companion. Axe tries to use Intimidating Presence on Rayiek - misses, swings axe hits Rayiek for 8 damage. (incl. -1 damage)

Conditions:
Grim - bloodied, prone
Raiyek - Prone, marked by axe wielder
Zone - Grease - Difficult Terrain (costs 3 squares of movement from Phantasmal Terrain

Init:

Grim - 22 - 14/30
Carolina - 20
Lily - 18
Raiyek - 15 - 24/39 +1 thp
Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
Georg - 11 <- You're up.
Kruk - 8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg moves in further, still too slow to get close, and conjures a flaming sphere between the dwarf and the halberd wielder. It moves about randomly but remains to menace the two.

[sblock=OOC]Georg uses a move action to walk to K13 and a standard to cast Flaming Sphere in K8.
1d20+5=6 (vs halberd Ref) for 2d6+5=15 (fire damage) both take 1d4+5=6 fire on next turn
Easily a miss with a 1, but at least there is a "miss effect". Minor action to maintain.

(status) Initiative: +0 Speed: 5
Passive Perception:12 Passive Insight: 17
AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
HP: 31/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Second Wind
Flaming Sphere (used)

Full Character Sheet

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk screams "Curse my dwarven legs. I can't get there in time!" He charges southward with weapon and shield drawn with the intent to fight the human and the dwarf, and to give Grim some support.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to J16
Movement: move to M11
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Adverse Condition: none
Initiative: +1
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
*Passive Insight 13
*Passive Perception 13
*Senses low light vision
*HP 48
*Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
*AC =22
*Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: 1
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*At will:
Brash Strike
Tide of Iron
*Encounter:
Passing Attack
Parry and Riptose
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable
Thundering Weapon power
Cloak Power
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Carolina, I can help you!

[sblock=ooc]

If you delay until after Lily I might be able to give you CA against the axe guy.

[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"What the..." Carolina refocuses on the gnome and fires off another bolt before taking cover again.

[sblock=Actions]Sly Flourish vs. gnome (1d20+7=11, 1d6+8=13); shift to E16. Minor action: draw dagger[/sblock]

[sblock=Out again]Turns out my ISP blows chunks; I'm shipping everything back to them tomorrow. I'll try to get to my mothers to post here and there until I get something else, hopefully in a week or so. Please NPC Carolina if I'm too slow.

I promise, if I knew this was going to happen I'd have never signed up for these games. I feel like a schmuck for being out so much...[/sblock]

[sblock=Whoever moves for Carolina first]Carolina drew her dagger this round--she's more effective with it. Next round, if possible, it'll be a move to H11 and an acrobatic stunt (+12) to get over next to the gnome (or just a double move if it's possible). Then a minor action to activate her shiny new ring (cloud of darkness as per Drow ability), and an AP to smack the blind gnome with a sneak attack (d8's, not d6's). I suppose H7 will be the optimal target square for gnome-smacking... unless he moves.

Unless none of that will work, that is. In which case I just ask that you don't kill her. :)

Thanks![/sblock]

[sblock=Oni]Ack! Sorry, I was in the process of typing all that when you posted. Didn't see it until after I saved.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Out again]Turns out my ISP blows chunks; I'm shipping everything back to them tomorrow. I'll try to get to my mothers to post here and there until I get something else, hopefully in a week or so. Please NPC Carolina if I'm too slow.

I promise, if I knew this was going to happen I'd have never signed up for these games. I feel like a schmuck for being out so much.

[sblock=OOC]
No problem IC. We got your back. I would be going bonkers if my computer was on the fritz
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules]
I noticed that Grim and Raiyek charged and were able to attack the foes. Am I missing something? Can I charge as well or is it built into their character sheets as being something they can do and I cannot?
[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=Rules]
I noticed that Grim and Raiyek charged and were able to attack the foes. Am I missing something? Can I charge as well or is it built into their character sheets as being something they can do and I cannot?

Not at all. A charge is a standard action that allows you to move your speed. Move + Standard (charge) is effectively a double move with a melee basic at the end. Of note, a charge immediately ends your turn upon completion unless an action point is spent.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yup, anyone can charge.

However, Grim and Raiyek both have speed 6, which means we can cover 12 squares with a move+charge, but Kruk only has speed 5. Looks like you can't quite make it to any enemies with a move+charge, unless you ran as your move action. That's probably a bad idea though - running gives you -5 on all your attacks until your next turn and gives CA to all enemies.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases