To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging) - Page 12




What's on your mind?

  1. #111
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    ooc: Disregard post. I found the answer to the question I asked.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Saturday, 3rd October, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

 

  • #112
    OOC: Just waiting on the NPCs, then Georg and Kruk can dive in!

    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    ooc: Disregard post. I found the answer to the question I asked.
    I play in Living 4th Edition and Living Eberron

  • #113
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Grim moves forward, pauses, glares at the halberd-wielding human, and charges into battle, his new blade glowing red as it spills blood for the first time.

    Carolina enters the room and darts for cover from the debris along the wall, firing her crossbow at the halberd-wielding human, but Grim's sudden charge throws off her aim as she needs to adjust for his new position.

    Lily's eyes darted back and forth between the armed individuals. Biting her lip and screwing up her courage she made a dash for cover near the door. As she slid to a stop her eyes widened as she saw more bad guys on the north side of the room. Eeep!

    She pointed the skull in that general direction, go get 'em!

    In the light shining from Kruk's shield an observant person might have seen Lily's shadow vanish as the plume of darkness and gnashing teeth erupted in front of the axe wielding man. The eyes of the skull flared and Lith's form blossomed eyes that look like hungry things waiting in the dark as it lashed out wide with a shadowy tentacle, but the axe-wielder easily sidesteps it.

    Raiyek whispers a short prayer to Palladys which buffers his resolve, helping to ignore some of the pain from the dwarf's bolt.

    At the same time the elf charges across the warehouse, slashing the greataxe-wielding human with his sword and leaving a nimbus of golden light around the man. "Come, friends! Show them our wrath!"

    The halberd wielder steps back from Grim and swings his weapon in a wide arc, catching the bugbear in the back of his knees, dragging him to the hardwood floor with a loud *thud*

    The dwarf steps out from behind the boxes and returns fire on Carolina, but his shot is equally ineffective, going wide of the halfling.

    The gnome looks at the Carolina saying "No, no, that won't do at all, please come out dearie" as a burst of flame is visible in her mind sending the halfling out from behind her cover.

    He follows up by pointing his wand near Raiyek, the floor becomes coated with a slick substance, causing the elf to loose his footing and fall on the ground with a clatter. The gnome then points the wand again and the greasy floor becomes even more treacherous looking. He ducks behind the boxes for cover.

    The warrior stares down Raiyek, "See how your god fares against the Eye!" he says as Raiyek feels unable to take his focus from the warrior, but his will holds strong in the face of this foe, the eye on his armour opening briefly. Cursing the warrior brings his axe down on Raiyek, but the blow is far from lethal.


    OOC


    Halberd wielder hits Grim for 16 damage and knocks prone

    Dwarf misses Carolina

    Gnome hits Carolina with Startling Glamer, shifting her to F17
    He casts Grease on F12, then AP's to cast Phantasmal Terrain - Raiyek falls prone

    Axe-wielder marks Raiyek and spirit companion. Axe tries to use Intimidating Presence on Rayiek - misses, swings axe hits Rayiek for 8 damage. (incl. -1 damage)

    Conditions:
    Grim - bloodied, prone
    Raiyek - Prone, marked by axe wielder
    Zone - Grease - Difficult Terrain (costs 3 squares of movement from Phantasmal Terrain


    Init:

    Grim - 22 - 14/30
    Carolina - 20
    Lily - 18
    Raiyek - 15 - 24/39 +1 thp
    Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
    Georg - 11 <- You're up.
    Kruk - 8
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 23rd September, 2010 at 03:32 PM.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #114
    Georg moves in further, still too slow to get close, and conjures a flaming sphere between the dwarf and the halberd wielder. It moves about randomly but remains to menace the two.

    OOC
    Georg uses a move action to walk to K13 and a standard to cast Flaming Sphere in K8.
    1d20+5=6 (vs halberd Ref) for 2d6+5=15 (fire damage) both take 1d4+5=6 fire on next turn
    Easily a miss with a 1, but at least there is a "miss effect". Minor action to maintain.

    (status) Initiative: +0 Speed: 5
    Passive Perception:12 Passive Insight: 17
    AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
    HP: 31/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
    Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
    Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

    Powers:
    Cantrips
    Scorching Burst
    Thunderwave
    Burning Hands
    Second Wind
    Flaming Sphere (used)

    Full Character Sheet

    Last edited by johnmeier1; Tuesday, 6th October, 2009 at 04:54 PM.

  • #115
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk screams "Curse my dwarven legs. I can't get there in time!" He charges southward with weapon and shield drawn with the intent to fight the human and the dwarf, and to give Grim some support.

    actions

    minor: none
    movement: move to J16
    Movement: move to M11


    stats

    Adverse Condition: none
    Initiative: +1
    Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
    *Passive Insight 13
    *Passive Perception 13
    *Senses low light vision
    *HP 48
    *Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
    *AC =22
    *Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
    *Save +5 vs. poison
    +armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
    *action Points: 1
    *Second Wind: 1
    basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
    Powers
    *At will:
    Brash Strike
    Tide of Iron
    *Encounter:
    Passing Attack
    Parry and Riptose
    *Daily
    Comeback Strike
    Unstopable
    Thundering Weapon power
    Cloak Power
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 7th October, 2009 at 03:50 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #116
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    Carolina, I can help you!

    ooc


    If you delay until after Lily I might be able to give you CA against the axe guy.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #117
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,511

    Ignore industrygothica
    My communities:

    "What the..." Carolina refocuses on the gnome and fires off another bolt before taking cover again.

    Actions
    Sly Flourish vs. gnome (1d20+7=11, 1d6+8=13); shift to E16. Minor action: draw dagger


    Out again
    Turns out my ISP blows chunks; I'm shipping everything back to them tomorrow. I'll try to get to my mothers to post here and there until I get something else, hopefully in a week or so. Please NPC Carolina if I'm too slow.

    I promise, if I knew this was going to happen I'd have never signed up for these games. I feel like a schmuck for being out so much...


    Whoever moves for Carolina first
    Carolina drew her dagger this round--she's more effective with it. Next round, if possible, it'll be a move to H11 and an acrobatic stunt (+12) to get over next to the gnome (or just a double move if it's possible). Then a minor action to activate her shiny new ring (cloud of darkness as per Drow ability), and an AP to smack the blind gnome with a sneak attack (d8's, not d6's). I suppose H7 will be the optimal target square for gnome-smacking... unless he moves.

    Unless none of that will work, that is. In which case I just ask that you don't kill her.

    Thanks!


    Oni
    Ack! Sorry, I was in the process of typing all that when you posted. Didn't see it until after I saved.

  • #118
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Out again]Turns out my ISP blows chunks; I'm shipping everything back to them tomorrow. I'll try to get to my mothers to post here and there until I get something else, hopefully in a week or so. Please NPC Carolina if I'm too slow.

    I promise, if I knew this was going to happen I'd have never signed up for these games. I feel like a schmuck for being out so much.
    OOC

    No problem IC. We got your back. I would be going bonkers if my computer was on the fritz


    Rules

    I noticed that Grim and Raiyek charged and were able to attack the foes. Am I missing something? Can I charge as well or is it built into their character sheets as being something they can do and I cannot?
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #119
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    235

    Ignore Tinwe
    Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    I noticed that Grim and Raiyek charged and were able to attack the foes. Am I missing something? Can I charge as well or is it built into their character sheets as being something they can do and I cannot?
    Not at all. A charge is a standard action that allows you to move your speed. Move + Standard (charge) is effectively a double move with a melee basic at the end. Of note, a charge immediately ends your turn upon completion unless an action point is spent.
    L4E

    Grim
    http://bit.ly/RxUFC
    Init: +3
    Perception: 12 Insight: 12
    HP: 30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 7
    AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Lifedrinking Bastard Sword +8 vs AC 1d10+5

    Hunter's Quarry
    Twin Strike
    Hit and Run

    Predatory Eye
    Off-hand Strike

    Jaws of the Wolf
    Hunter's Privilege
    Shane

    http://bit.ly/2MPJoN
    Init: 2 Speed: 5
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    AC: 16 NAD: 12/13/17
    HP: 24 Bloodied: 12
    Surge Value:6 Surges: 8
    Second Wind: Not used
    MBA: Dagger +3 vs AC; 1d4+0
    RBA: Dagger +5 vs AC; 1d4+2

    Astral Seal
    Sacred Flame
    Gaze of Defiance

    Bane
    Healer's Mercy
    Healing Word x2

    Beacon of Hope

    LEB
    Gruff

    http://bit.ly/4eIoAu

    Init: +2
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    HP: 49/49 Bloodied: 24 Surge Value: 12 Surges: 11
    AC: 27 NAD: 17/17/17 Speed:5
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Subtle Kopesh +6 vs AC 1d8+2 (+3 with CA)

    Booming Blade
    Lightning Lure
    Aegis of Ensnarement

    Falcon's Mark
    Dual Lightning Strike



  • #120
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,556

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    OOC
    Yup, anyone can charge.

    However, Grim and Raiyek both have speed 6, which means we can cover 12 squares with a move+charge, but Kruk only has speed 5. Looks like you can't quite make it to any enemies with a move+charge, unless you ran as your move action. That's probably a bad idea though - running gives you -5 on all your attacks until your next turn and gives CA to all enemies.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. rabbit
      By Urklore in forum General Monster Talk
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 14th May, 2012, 07:34 PM
    2. (Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)
      By Creamsteak in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 628
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2004, 11:41 AM
    3. Need Vet. or Rabbit help!
      By DWARF in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 1st September, 2003, 05:26 PM
    4. [OT]Garyh
      By The Forsaken One in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 89
      Last Post: Sunday, 12th January, 2003, 12:15 PM
    5. [OT] Red Rabbit
      By Goodsport in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th August, 2002, 06:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •