To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging) - Page 14

What's on your mind?

Defender (Lvl 8)

Blog Entries

Ignore dimsdale
    As Kruk finally reaches close to striking distance to the human with the halberd, he witnessness the shear ferocity of the killing blow delivered by Grim. For a second he stands in stunned silence, then snaps out of it. "Nice one Grim! Ha haaaaaa!" As the human collapses and the halberd clanks to the floor, Kruk turns his head to face the dwarf with the crossbow. Psyched up from the devastation of Grims blow, Kruk shouts while insanely shaking his head at the dwarf, "Lad, ya should have fled when ya had the chance. If I don't get ya, the bugbear will. You see what he can do."
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

Georg moves in further, still too slow to get close, and conjures a flaming sphere between the dwarf and the halberd wielder. It moves about randomly but remains to menace the two.
    Kruk screams "Curse my dwarven legs. I can't get there in time!" He charges southward with weapon and shield drawn with the intent to fight the human and the dwarf, and to give Grim some support.

Grim crawls forward, calling "Nice trick with the blade! Now come back- I'll show you a trick of my own!" the bugbear's deadly blade finds the femoral artery of the human and as the weapon plunges into his leg, the sword glows a deep crimson, drawing out the fluid from the man. He falls to the ground, his face an ashen colour and Grim feels renewed.

"What the..." Carolina refocuses on the gnome and fires off another bolt before taking cover again, her projectile again striking the cover.

Speaking up too late to catch Carolina's attention Lily sets her sights on helping the others. Dashing out from behind cover she moved close enough to work her magic. Quickly working an evocation she summoned up a small ghost like creature which zipped through the air toward Grim. The phantasm impacted him in the back and vanished inside of him, filling him with renewed vigor. As this happened Lith performed a similar action as a small fragment of itself separated and snaked toward Raiyek.

Her first spell done, Lily raised the skull she carried and pointed it toward the man with the huge axe. Its eyes flared and a wave of tiny spirits issued forth and swarmed around the warrior in a sad attempt at supernatural harassment. Lily seemed disappointed in the efficiency of her magic.

Rising back to his feet, strengthened by Lily's magic, Raiyek spots a vulnerability in the greataxe wielding human's armor. However, the human continues to press the paladin hard, thwarting his attempt to take advantage of the opening.

The elf does, however, see Grim's opposite luck as he eviscerates the halberd wielder. "Well done, Grim! One enemy down, only three to go!"

The dwarven bolter fires at Kruk, but the projectile explodes on the other dwarves shield.

The gnome causes the ground around the heroes to become wave and undulating, much like the surface of water. Kruk, Grim, and Georg all suffer the effects and struggle to move.

The axe-wielder again flashes the eye at Raiyek and this time the elf feels the foreboding gloom over him and his mind gives in to the attack. Luckily, his armour proves more effective than his mind and the axe slides off without damage.

OOC

Dwarf misses Grim

Gnome hits Grim, Georg, & Kruk with Illusory Terrain - Slowed TENT, Raiyek resists, Grease effect attacks Raiyek - knocks him prone again

Axe-wielder marks Raiyek and spirit companion. Axe tries to use Intimidating Presence on Rayiek - hits for 6 psychic damage (incl. -1), but misses with his axe.

Conditions:
    Grim - prone, slowed
    Raiyek - Prone, marked by axe wielder, dazed TENT(axe)
    Zone - Grease - Difficult Terrain (costs 3 squares of movement from Phantasmal Terrain
    Georg - slowed
    Kruk - slowed

Init:

Grim - 22 - 21/30 +5thp
    Carolina - 20
    Lily - 18
    Raiyek - 15 - 21/39
    Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
    Georg - 11 <- You're up.
    Kruk - 8
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 23rd September, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Daunted by the terrain he "sees" Georg doesn't move from his position. Instead he moves the flaming ball behind the gnome and commands it to lash out at the creature. Keep away from my flames, fellows! Don't forget to leave one breathing.

OOC
    Minor: Sustain flaming sphere
    Move: Move sphere to G7
    Standard: Attack gnome with sphere 1d20+5=8 (vs Reflex) for 2d6+5=12 (fire damage) and 1d4+5=9 (fire damage to adjacent)

And I roll a 3, guess that and the 1 from last turn make up for any crits the party gets.
    (status)
    Initiative: +0 Speed: 5 Passive Perception:12 Passive Insight: 17
    AC: 16 NAD:13/14/14
    HP: 31/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
    Languages: Common (Allarian), Dwarven
    Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:16 Int:18 Cha:10

Powers:
    Cantrips
    Scorching Burst
    Thunderwave
    Burning Hands
    Second Wind
    Flaming Sphere (used)

Full Character Sheet

Defender (Lvl 8)

Blog Entries

Ignore dimsdale
    dm

Is my location correct on the current map? In an earlier post I mentioned that I was at m11 after a double move.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmeier1 View Post
    Daunted by the terrain he "sees" Georg doesn't move from his position. Instead he moves the flaming ball behind the gnome and commands it to lash out at the creature. Keep away from my flames, fellows! Don't forget to leave one breathing.
    "Yeah...if I could ever reach one of them! I''ll be gentle, I promise!" kruk screams in anger as he tries to move foward. With stern concentration, , he heads closer to the one with the crossbow. "I'll catch up to ya sooner or later."

actions

double move: (I'm assuming that I'm starting from M11 and moving 2 squares from each move) Move to k7.

save vs. slowed (if i'm able to make one): 15

stats

Adverse Condition: SLOWED
    Initiative: +1
    Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
    *Passive Insight 13
    *Passive Perception 13
    *Senses low light vision
    *HP 48
    *Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
    *AC =22
    *Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
    *Save +5 vs. poison
    +armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
    *action Points: 1
    *Second Wind: 1
    basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
    Powers
    *At will:
    Brash Strike
    Tide of Iron
    *Encounter:
    Passing Attack
    Parry and Riptose
    *Daily
    Comeback Strike
    Unstopable
    Thundering Weapon power
    Cloak Power
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Tinwe
    Grim stands and charges the gnome, hurdling the crates as he does so. His blow hits home, and Grim bares his teeth in a snarl.
    mechanics

Move: Stand from Prone
    Minor: Quarry gnome
    Standard: Charge gnome: Athletics (Jump) (1d20+8=27)
    Melee Basic (charge) (1d20+9=28, 1d10+5=10) and I forgot to add quarry damage to that roll: Quarry damage (1d6=6)

L4E

Grim
    http://bit.ly/RxUFC
    Init: +3
    Perception: 12 Insight: 12
    HP: 30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 7
    AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Lifedrinking Bastard Sword +8 vs AC 1d10+5

Hunter's Quarry
    Twin Strike
    Hit and Run

Predatory Eye
    Off-hand Strike

Jaws of the Wolf
    Hunter's Privilege
    Shane

http://bit.ly/2MPJoN
    Init: 2 Speed: 5
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    AC: 16 NAD: 12/13/17
    HP: 24 Bloodied: 12
    Surge Value:6 Surges: 8
    Second Wind: Not used
    MBA: Dagger +3 vs AC; 1d4+0
    RBA: Dagger +5 vs AC; 1d4+2

Astral Seal
    Sacred Flame
    Gaze of Defiance

Bane
    Healer's Mercy
    Healing Word x2

Beacon of Hope

LEB
    Gruff

http://bit.ly/4eIoAu

Init: +2
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    HP: 49/49 Bloodied: 24 Surge Value: 12 Surges: 11
    AC: 27 NAD: 17/17/17 Speed:5
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Subtle Kopesh +6 vs AC 1d8+2 (+3 with CA)

Booming Blade
    Lightning Lure
    Aegis of Ensnarement

Falcon's Mark
    Dual Lightning Strike

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore Oni
    My communities:

Lily moved closer to the protective cover of the line of crates in front of her, skirting around the greasy patch of floor. Raising the skull focus she repeated the spell again calling on the spirits to torment and distract the man in the weird armour. The magic seemed to carry more weight this time and the wave of spirits was larger and meaner looking that the previous attempt. They streaked through the air blasting a hole in Lith, which closed whispily behind them, and assaulted the warrior.

ooc

renau1g I'm not sure that spirit companions can be marked, not that it really matters right now, but it may in the future.

move: move to H11.

standard: Haunting Spirits: vs Will [Target: axe guy] (1d20+4=20)
    Psychic Damage (1d6+4=7), and until the end of Lily's next turn, the target grants combat advantage to Raiyek.

Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)

Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
    • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
    • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
    • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
    • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
    • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
    • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
    • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.

ministats
    Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
    Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
    AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
    HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1
    Powers -
    Call Spirit Companion
    Spirit's Fangs
    Haunting Spirits
    Stalker's Strike
    Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
    Healing Spirit
    Speak with Spirits
    Twin Panthers
    Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full character sheet
    Oni

"Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

ooc

need an action still from Raiyek. Also, if someone could suggest something for Carolina, that'd be helpful

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore Oni
    My communities:

ooc

IG left a basic game plan for Carolina. Based on that, how about this.

move & standard: double move to G9, tumbling over top of the intervening crates. Acrobatics (1d20+12=19)

minor: activate The Ring of the Darkhidden

AP

standard: Positioning Strike: vs Will [target: gnome] (1d20+9+2=12)
    If it hits, Damage (1d4+5+2d8=19) and slide the gnome to K9 Blah it was a nat 1.

sorry I rolled crummy. ><

Last edited by Oni; Tuesday, 13th October, 2009 at 01:31 AM.
    Oni

"Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

Struggling to fight off the effects of the cursed eye on the axe-wielder's armor, Raiyek still manages to stab him in the leg from the floor with the help of Lily's spirits.
    Actions
    Dazed, so only one action.

Ardent Strike vs. axeman (-2 prone, +2 CA): 1d20+8-2+2=24 vs. AC, 1d10+4=6 damage, and forgot HQ damage: 1d6=4, for 10 total damage. On a hit, axeman is subject to my divine sanction til end of my next turn (marked and 5 radiant damage 1st attack that doesn't include me).

Raiyek stats
    Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 3
    Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
    AC:23, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
    HP: 21/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges Left:10/11
    Resist 1 all, Resist 5 poison
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    Powers
    Holy Strike
    Ardent Strike
    Divine Challenge
    Lay on Hands (3/3)

Piercing Smite
    Strength from Valor
    Virtue
    Channel Divinity
    Elven Accuracy
    Hunter's Quarry

Paladin's Judgment
    Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

"Yeah...if I could ever reach one of them! I''ll be gentle, I promise!" kruk screams in anger as he tries to move foward. With stern concentration, , he heads closer to the one with the crossbow. "I'll catch up to ya sooner or later."

Grim stands and charges the gnome, hurdling the crates as he does so. His blow hits home, and Grim bares his teeth in a snarl.

Carolina moves forward and tumbles over the crates, calling upon the power of her ring to blind the gnome and attempts to stab him with her dagger, but the enemy sidesteps the swipe.

Lily moved closer to the protective cover of the line of crates in front of her, skirting around the greasy patch of floor. Raising the skull focus she repeated the spell again calling on the spirits to torment and distract the man in the weird armour. The magic seemed to carry more weight this time and the wave of spirits was larger and meaner looking that the previous attempt. They streaked through the air blasting a hole in Lith, which closed whispily behind them, and assaulted the warrior.

Struggling to fight off the effects of the cursed eye on the axe-wielder's armor, Raiyek still manages to stab him in the leg from the floor with the help of Lily's spirits.

The dwarf's left eye glows briefly and then a tentacle lashes out, wrapping around Grim, his mind swirls as the insidious attack worms through him. He feels sick and knows that if he exerts himself before he gets it under control, the bugbear will face the consequences.

As the flaming sphere strikes the gnome, he disappears from your sight. The gnome reappears standing over Raiyek's prone figure, he points his wand and unleashes a torrent of colors that wash over you, leaving Raiyek, Lily, Carolina, Grim and his ally, the axe wielder, dazed.

The axe-wielder still manages another minor wound on Raiyek, leaving the elf in bad shape.

OOC

Dwarf hits grim for 9 psychic damage and each time you attack on your next turn you take 5 necrotic damage

Gnome Fades Away, reappears next to Raiyek, Uses Color Spray, Hitting Raiyek, Lilth, and Lily for 8 radiant damage, Crit'ing Grim and Carolina for 11 radiant damage - everyone is dazed TENT (Lilth isn't affected) (hits axe wielder as well for 8) edit: Raiyek only for 7.

Axe-wielder marks Raiyek. Axe hits with greataxe for 5 damage (incl. -1)

Conditions:

Raiyek - Prone, marked by axe wielder, dazed TENT(gnome), bloodied
    Zone - Grease - Difficult Terrain (costs 3 squares of movement from Phantasmal Terrain
    Gnome - Used Fade away, Grease, Phantasmal Terrain, Color Spray
    Lily/Carolina - dazed TENT (gnome)
    Grim - bloodied, dazed TENT (gnome)

Init:

Grim - 22 - 6/30 - bloodied, dazed TENT
    Carolina - 20 - 13/24 - dazed TENT
    Lily - 18 - 18/26 - dazed TENT
    Raiyek - 15 - 9/39 - bloodied, dazed TENT
    Bad Guys - 11 (higher Mod)
    Georg - 11 <- You're up.
    Kruk - 8
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 23rd September, 2010 at 03:32 PM.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast