To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging) - Page 8





  1. #71
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Seeing the others preparing for what looks like a battle, Kruk moves foward mumbling to himself, "Well, it looks like the time for stealth is over. I hate standing around anyway." He moves up towards the front, retrieves his throwing axe, then equips his shield and battleaxe. After a quick survey of his equipment he looks towards his companions and whispers. "I'm ready when you are...let's do this."
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

 

  • #72
    The group sets up in their positions, Carolina and Lily cover the door from range, while Lith is in the doorway, Raiyek and Kruk right there and Grim just behind. With a basterd sword at his back, the man opens the door and is promptly grabbed back by the adventurer's. He's bound and gagged and left in the alley by Grim while the others look into the open portal.

    Only darkness greets you inside. No hidden threat makes itself known, no evil force pounces from the shadows. Just the soft sound of the waves lapping against the shores in the distance and the occasional sound of revelry as a tavern door is opened a few streets over, then it disappears.

    OOC

    There is no light source inside


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #73
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk looks inward and sees total darkness. "Georg, any chance you can light up my shield like you did before?"
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #74
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,424
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore industrygothica
    OOC
    I'm taking my computer offline now to move it to the new place. Clearwire saits the new modems will be in in a week or so, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I'll see you guys then, if not sooner. Please NPC Carolina until I return.

    Thanks.


    -IG

  • #75
    OOC

    Ok, good luck IG.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #76
    Georg moves next to Kruk and whispers a few words while waggling his fingers. Light flares on the other dwarf's shield. He nods towards the door and readies his staff.

    OOC
    Georg will stay near the front, close to Kruk. We should move in carefully
    I play in Living 4th Edition and Living Eberron

  • #77
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Moving slowly into the warehouse next to Kruk, Raiyek strains his eyes and ears to find any sign of the one they came to the warehouse to find.
    OOC
    Perception: 1d20+11=15. Ren, how do you run this? If you roll less than your passive value does it just default to the passive value?

    Stealth: 1d20-1=10. Mainly just to try to move quietly. Not much point trying to hide when standing next to a light in the dark
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #78
    OOC

    Will post an update shortly, just gotta complete 2 corporate tax returns by end of business day.

    Re: Passive vs active perception, I feel you can't do any worse by actively trying to look for something than when you're not, so you basically will always get at least 10 on your perception.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #79
    Grim moves out to flank Kruk, staying out of the range of the bright light, and moving as silently as he can.
    OOC

    Grim is going to use low-light vision and try to stay concealed, out of the light but using the fringe of the light to navigate, in an attempt to gain surprise if combat begins.

    Stealth (1d20+9=19)
    Perception (1d20+2=15)
    L4E

    Grim
    http://bit.ly/RxUFC
    Init: +3
    Perception: 12 Insight: 12
    HP: 30 Bloodied: 15 Surge Value: 7 Surges: 7
    AC: 16 NAD: 15/14/12 Speed:6
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Lifedrinking Bastard Sword +8 vs AC 1d10+5

    Hunter's Quarry
    Twin Strike
    Hit and Run

    Predatory Eye
    Off-hand Strike

    Jaws of the Wolf
    Hunter's Privilege
    Shane

    http://bit.ly/2MPJoN
    Init: 2 Speed: 5
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    AC: 16 NAD: 12/13/17
    HP: 24 Bloodied: 12
    Surge Value:6 Surges: 8
    Second Wind: Not used
    MBA: Dagger +3 vs AC; 1d4+0
    RBA: Dagger +5 vs AC; 1d4+2

    Astral Seal
    Sacred Flame
    Gaze of Defiance

    Bane
    Healer's Mercy
    Healing Word x2

    Beacon of Hope

    LEB
    Gruff

    http://bit.ly/4eIoAu

    Init: +2
    Perception: 14 Insight: 19
    HP: 49/49 Bloodied: 24 Surge Value: 12 Surges: 11
    AC: 27 NAD: 17/17/17 Speed:5
    AP:1 Second Wind:not used
    MBA: +1 Subtle Kopesh +6 vs AC 1d8+2 (+3 with CA)

    Booming Blade
    Lightning Lure
    Aegis of Ensnarement

    Falcon's Mark
    Dual Lightning Strike



  • #80
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk, notices how silently he is moving. I knew I could do it! Kruk thinks to himself. With eyes beeming as he looks to Raiyek on his left, Georg behind him and Grim somewhere to his right, he's too distracted to actually check for anything strange going on around the surrounding area.

    ooc: stealth: 1d20-3 = 14 perception: 1d20+3 = 9. Kruk does have low light vision.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. rabbit
      By Urklore in forum General Monster Talk
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 14th May, 2012, 07:34 PM
    2. (Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)
      By Creamsteak in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 628
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2004, 11:41 AM
    3. Need Vet. or Rabbit help!
      By DWARF in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 1st September, 2003, 05:26 PM
    4. [OT]Garyh
      By The Forsaken One in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 89
      Last Post: Sunday, 12th January, 2003, 12:15 PM
    5. [OT] Red Rabbit
      By Goodsport in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th August, 2002, 06:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •