To Catch a Crimelord, or Down the Rabbit Hole (garyh judging) - Page 9




+ Log in or register to post
Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 830
  1. #81
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,417

    Ignore industrygothica
    Carolina waits to enter until last, staying well behind the others with her crossbow drawn, taking advantage of the positioning of the light to hide her small frame.

    OOC
    Well, that was the fastest six days EVER. Looks like I'm back online already. Yay me!

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    OOC
    Congrats IG, and good to have you back! And kudos to your ISP for getting you set up so quickly - that doesn't happen often!
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #83
    OOC

    Here;s a map of the area
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 23rd September, 2010 at 03:31 PM.


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #84
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk looks around before stepping into the hideout. "A place like this is bound to have traps." He scans the area for anything that might seem that could present a threat.

    ooc: perception check 1d20+3 = 8

    Not noticing anything, Kruk grabs a handaxe, while holding his battleaxe and shield with his left hand, and skips it across the floor due west (from H21 to H11 or so) to the otherside of the room with the intent of triggering any traps that are activitated by movement or hidden pressure plates. He then quickly grabs his battleaxe with his right hand and waits for a reaction, if any.

    stats

    Adverse Condition: none
    Initiative: +1
    Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 3
    *Passive Insight 13
    *Passive Perception 13
    *Senses low light vision
    *HP 48
    *Bloodied 24 Surge Value 12; Surges Per-Day 12
    *AC =22
    *Fortitude 18 Reflex 14 Will 14 Speed 5
    *Save +5 vs. poison
    +armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
    *action Points: 1
    *Second Wind: 1
    basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
    Powers
    *At will:
    Brash Strike
    Tide of Iron
    *Encounter:
    Passing Attack
    Parry and Riptose
    *Daily
    Comeback Strike
    Unstopable
    Thundering Weapon power
    Cloak Power
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 7th October, 2009 at 03:48 AM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #85
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    industrygothica's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    4,417

    Ignore industrygothica
    OOC
    Might have spoken too soon on the internet. I'm here--barely--but who knows for how long. I'm having intermittent connection issues, and so far it's fastest speed rivals a high-end 56k. A technician scheduled for Thursday morning, and will be leaving with a shiny new square lump in his arse if it's not fixed shortly thereafter.

    On a different, more game-appropriate note... nice map Ren. Did you make it or snag it from somewhere? Gotta love Maptool.

  • #86
    Georg slaps his free hand to his forehead at Kruk's "technique". He then scans the room with a keen eye looking for anything. He stands ready to follow Kruk into the room and stay closer to the front, holding his staff confidently.

    OOC
    Some detecting of persons and magic:
    1d20+2=20 Perception
    1d20+9=10 Arcana


    Ah, the perils of 1d20 rolls. Looks like a pretty good active perception check for Georg though. I think I would move Georg to the front if possible, though there doesn't seem to be room right now.
    I play in Living 4th Edition and Living Eberron

  • #87
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk hears the frustrated magic user behind him. For a second he thought that Georg's staff would come down on his head. "Something wrong spell caster? What do you want me to do, barge right in. I believe they know that we are here by now. Call me paranoid, but I just have a feeling that we're walking into a trap." Kruk moves foward one square west in order for the rest of the group to come in if they wish. "I'm not the leader type. I only charge when I see an enemy. Currently spell caster, I see no one. I'd be delighted to hear your thoughts on what to do now" Kruk states with a grin and a hint of sarcasm.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 23rd September, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #88
    OOC

    IG - I snagged it from the Cartographer's Guild. I am definitely indebted to those guys for their help. They are excellent at Map Tools, and I love that I can poach it for our use here.

  • #89
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Raiyek speaks to the party in a hushed tone as he moves slowly into the warehouse beside Kruk. "Calmly, everyone. This does smell of a trap. Keep your eyes peeled, and try to stay quiet."

    OOC
    Raiyek will also move 1 square west, staying beside Kruk.

    Perception: 1d20+11=18 looking for traps, areas of note, or anyone else in the warehouse.
    Insight: 1d20+9=13, which I guess defaults to my passive 19. Trying to think of where a crimelord and his lackeys would set an ambush in here, and what they're waiting for.

    Also: C'mooooon! I've got a new magic sword and armor and encounter power, and I'm itching to try them out!
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #90
    Lily closed her eyes and for a brief moment a faint strange whispering sound seemed to drift through the air. Then her eyes snapped open and she nodded her head curtly as in affirmation, mhmm.

    ooc


    Use speak with spirits for a perception check.
    Perception (1d20+9+1+4=29)

    That seems decent enough check to wait before detailing anything farther, but the basic plan is to send in Lith to see if any baddies can be baited into revealing themselves.


    Lily's Spirit Primer (Please Read!)

    Spirit companions are complex critters, so this is to remind everyone, myself included, of the important points. The first three items are probably the most relevant to the other players.
    • Any of Lily's allies who start their turn adjacent to her spirit companion can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
    • Any of Lily's allies adjacent to her spirit companion gain a +3 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
    • Lily's spirit companion occupies 1 square, Lily's allies may move through its space, but her enemies may not.
    • Lily's spirit companion may be targeted by melee and ranged attacks. If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Lily's spirit companion it disappears and Lily takes 5 damage. Otherwise her spirit companion is unaffected by the attack.
    • Lily's spirit companion uses Lily's defenses.
    • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Lily's spirit companion without shifting is subject its Spirit Fang attack. (This is an opportunity action and so may used once per turn, rather than once per round. Since there is no reason not to take this attack DM please feel free to roll them as necessary.)
    • Lily's spirit companion is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.


    ministats
    Lily- Female Human Shaman 1
    Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Normal
    AC:15, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:6
    HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
    Action Points: 1
    Powers -
    Call Spirit Companion
    Spirit's Fangs
    Haunting Spirits
    Stalker's Strike
    Watcher's Strike

    Healing Spirit
    Healing Spirit
    Speak with Spirits
    Twin Panthers
    Second Wind

    Spirit of the Healing Flood

    Conditions:

    Full character sheet
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. rabbit
      By Urklore in forum General Monster Talk
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Monday, 14th May, 2012, 07:34 PM
    2. (Adventure) Dwarven Golems and Old Ruins (GaryH Judging)
      By Creamsteak in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 628
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2004, 11:41 AM
    3. Need Vet. or Rabbit help!
      By DWARF in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 1st September, 2003, 05:26 PM
    4. [OT]Garyh
      By The Forsaken One in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 89
      Last Post: Sunday, 12th January, 2003, 12:15 PM
    5. [OT] Red Rabbit
      By Goodsport in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 14th August, 2002, 06:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •