(Recruiting) Path of Enlightenment: Chapter 2

Voda Vosa

First Post
--------See Re-Recruitment post in last page-------

The known world, Known as Dragon's Palm, is a great square-like, piece of earth, with sea in its south and east borders, where many islands with small towns spread. There are many mountain chains, valleys, forests and plains. The setting itself is Oriental themed, more precisely, with an ancient China theme. There is a short (not too short) background information about the history anyone in this world would know.

[sblock=Dragon's Palm]
dragonspalmtq2.jpg
[/sblock]

Character creation:
Character creation is with 25 points (a little more powerful)
You are free to use any class of the character creator, as long as it fits into the setting and the character.

Trainings:

There will be something that I happen to call trainings.
Trainings are special teachings that are impaired to you since young age, or that you learn from a master, given certain amount of time. Here are some of the trainings some of the PC already received. Most of the trainings will be useful with unarmed attacks.
There will be times when using a weapon will not be a possibility, there are certain creatures immune to normal weapons, also, you cannot channel chi through weaponry so you won’t be able to combat spirits. That is the reason for which I put much emphasis on unarmed attacks.
My idea with this is to perform special feats with a given trainings, and combining the trainings (yours and the ones of your peers) in such way you get a nice combat tactic. But trainings require time and patience, they are not a “pay and use” thing, you need time to train the technique and get familiar with it before you can use it. Training itself won’t require anything from you, but at the end of each training phase, you’ll be tested and will be required to succeed in your test in order to get the technique and be able to use your training.

"How to gain training in a special technique"

First thing you need is to find a technique you want to learn (either used by an ally or an enemy) and a master who knows the technique well enough to teach it to you.
The first time you see a technique that's compatible with your class, you roll WIS or INT to determine how you understand the technique basics at first sight. This will give you a bonus in your further training of the given technique.
During the training, you'll need to roll certain ability rolls and skill rolls, according to the technique you want to learn, with a DC according to the power of the technique.
Some masters will require payment or special services in exchange for the trainings impaired, or will do it for free.
After you've learned and practiced the technique, you'll be able to use your new trainings.

[sblock=Trainings]
"Innate Martial Arts" a feat that allows the player to make an unarmed basic melee attack against a target with +3 proficiency, dealing 1d4+Str points of damage. Additionally you gain a +1 in your attempts to grab an opponent while unarmed.
This applies to all character, even npcs.

"Channeling Chi" Any person related with martial arts learns to channel their chi, through meditation and training. Controlling this energy will allow the characters to make some feats out of ordinary. Channeling Chi will allow you to harm ghosts and spirits with your unarmed attack. If you attack living beings, you get a +1 force damage to your damage rolls. Channel Chi is an encounter power that you can use if you are not bloodied, since it requires great amount of concentration. It last a number or rounds equal to your wisdom score, or until you get bloodied. It takes a minor action to activate the Channel Chi ability, so you'll be able to activate it and use it in you turn. All martially trained PC get this free. Other characters added later could gain once trained in a martial style.

"Martial Art Training" This feat allows you to use your hands as weapons. This allows you to use the class powers wile unarmed. This feat is gained by those who have received training in a martial style. 1st 2nd and 4th characters have this feat free. Other characters added later could gain once trained in a martial style.

"Stone Palm"
This technique allows the warrior to perform great defensive feats with his bare hand. Using the Stone Palm the warrior can deflect blades and arrows, and use it to slam enemies away with the power and bluntness of the Stone.
Prerequisite: Str 13 Con 13
Benefit: You can use a free hand as a Heavy shield, gaining +2 to shield AC and all the benefits of using said shield. The user does not suffer any penalty of wearing heavy shield, and can climb, etc. To gain the benefits of this technique, you must focus during a minor action. The effect last until the end of the encounter Gaining focus to use Stone Palm is like an encounter power.

There will be additional trainings available, but it has no sense that I start to post them now. [/sblock]

Some notes about equipment:

The first three players will start with equipment given by your master, so equip whatever you see fit for a student of martial arts. Mainly, you will have a staff, a leather armor and clothing

We will define the other player’s equipment further on. They will have an amount of gold to use in equipment, plus some pieces of equipment that are key to the story.

Although they exist, its not common to see anyone fighting with maces or hammers, although axes are quite common.

There will be small chances of getting your hands over any other weapon than these, excepting axes or katars.

Bastard Sword= Mio Dao http://www.learn-chinese-martial-art...-dao-sword.gif
Long sword= Jian Jian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scimitar= Dao Dao (sword) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spear and long spear= Qiang http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~msb46/qiang.gif
Staff= Gun http://beifan.com/shaolin-monk/059album03/sxd-2eg22.jpg
Dagger= Baat Jaam Do http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fly_Swords.gif

Apart from this, I must make some notes about the usage of weapons: If you carry a sword or another military weapon at sight, you will be treated either as a mercenary, bandit, or warrior not aligned with the imperial army (if you don’t have an imperial suit of armor that is).

Armors: The wide spread armor are the leather and hide armors. Metallic armors are restricted to this
http://www.armourarchive.org/essays/Shanwenkia.pdf
It’s a Chinese armor, from the Ming dynasty. I take that its properties will be much like a chain mail or a banded mail. In the PDF there is a draw of the armor suit, but it's far more decorative than what you can get, even in the imperial army.

Dramatis Personae:

Shen Rui- Needs player

Koryo- Needs player

Kaoru- Needs player

Leng- Played by Durlak
-Fighter- Defender

Wang Chi- Played by Helfdan
- Paladin - Defender

Ziang Yu- Played by WD
- Artificer - Leader

Ban Lu- Played by Scotly
- Cleric - Leader

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Ziang is ready for duty!

1st 2nd and 4th characters have this feat free. Other characters added later could gain once trained in a martial style.

Perhaps you should explain this to the new players. (The meaning of '1st 2nd and 4th characters')

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kaoru here . . . remember he is going to be a sorceror now . . . working on it as I type :)

Keia

Voda Vosa

First Post
Human please.
As for those phrases, the characters got in the game in orders. First two characters are Leng and Shen, third character is Kaoru, forth character is Koryo, 5th Ban Lu,, 6th Wang Chi, and 7th Ziang Yu. I did this because it was useful to give them their background baselines without personalizing classes or anything.

renau1g

First Post
Ok, I like humans, just wanted to confirm. Now for magic items/equipment, what's the expectation? Use the standard rules?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases