[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
The next week will be mostly some roleplay, to wait for everyone to come back from vacation. Then we will hit the heart of action next week.

Crew:

Erekose13 - Gogmorthak d'Tharashk - Orc Barbarian
Tinwe - Gruff One-Eye - Dwarf Swordmage
drothgery - Narvala ir'Sarhain - Human Invoker
pathfinderq1 - Sweetness - Gnoll rogue
H.M.Gimlord - Arkavas - Deva Artificer
Impact - Radtash - Kalashtar Cleric

Combat:

Initiative: I will roll initiative for everyone, to make things faster. Monsters will all act under the initiative of there leader. Players will acts in order of the post of there action. That means initiative will go like this:

1) Players who beat the initiative of the monsters
2) Monsters
3) Players
4) Monsters
5) Players
ect...

Until the end of next turn: Any effect that affect an allies can affect it only during one of his turn, and the effect last until the end of the next turn. That mean a Leader who boost his friend and act first in a round will not give the bonus again in the next round if the leader act last. At the opposite, the leader who act last and gives a bonus and then act first after the monsters will prevent his allies to use the bonus.

Monster Stats: I'll give you the basic stats of the monster (HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, Basic Attack). That will give you an idea if you hit the creature and how your power have affected it. Yeah, it's make you pretty well informed about the creature, but it also help you to know if the player who just played successfully touch the creature and push it away and you don't necessary need to wait for my input.

Attack of Opportunity: As I will give you the basic attack of the monster, you can also roll for each attack of opportunity you provoke, and thus, knowing if you take damage and have any other effect form the creature.

Interrupt: If you want to use an interrupt power, you can call it forward (example for a Tiefling Wizard: I'll use my shield if he hit me by 4 or less with any non-fire attack). You can also call it during your turn if it doesn't ask too much backward action (so using the shield to prevent damage would usually be fine, trying to move monsters around during the last monsters turn after all others players have already acts since that round might be refused).

Ready Action: If you ready an action to react to an ally action, your turn finish after your ready action. That include any effect on you and save you have to do. If you ready an action to react to a monster action, no change to RAW.

So, even with those limits, that type of combat handling can give you great flexibility if you make some strategy together, so don't hesitate to talk to each other before posting your action.

Combat Turn: I'll generally gives you 48h to post your action. I will give more times if you are talking to each other about strategy for that round. The goal is not to put stick in your legs but to keep the game flowing without too much moment of silence.

If you don't post in the delay, I will NPC your character for that turn, using only At-Will powers, except maybe some exceptional case (like using a healing word on an ally with 1 hp left...). If you know you will be absent, you can always post strategy that I can use. In that case, I will try to follow it as closely as possible, and I will use Encounter or Daily if it is your wish.

If you want to have an idea of how that kind of combat look like, you can look at: 24 4e Style : Day 2

If you have any comment, fear or insult about that, please don't hesitate to post them (except insult) ;)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
You have a private lodge in the first class wagon. Gareth is sitting next to the windows and look at the platform as you arrive. Once everyone is there, the wagon start to move.
"I'm please to see everyone have answered the call." he tells. He grabs a small piece of folded paper out of his pocket and gives it to the group. "This is the map to reach the hideout of the Stormcrow. One mercenary who has worked with them had been given the honor to go to the hideout. They have been a few, but that man decided to keep a map to return there sometimes later to loot the place. The man died before he could put his plan into action, but he left the map to a relative who had no interest in it. I have validated the map with a diviner to be sure. The map is accurate enough that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it.

As you can see, the Tor is two days of walk into the forest south of Wroat. Once you have found it, find me in a farm north of Wroat. I have some business to do there this week, to make sure I have a good supplies of Wool.

Any question before we arrive to Wroat?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Ah the lightning rail is the way to travel." Arkavas takes the opportunity, perhaps for the last time in a while yet to come, to make himself comfortable. "May I see the map? I'm curious as to exactly where this hideout is."

Arkavas studies the map so that he knows where to find the Stormcorw's nest, as well as to determine, if he can, the authorship and origin of the map itself (beyond what has already been said).

[sblock=Skill Check] Perception: 1d20+10=13
History: 1d20+14 = 31
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Arkavas - deva artivicer 4

Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15

Defenses:
AC: 21, For: 15, Ref: 17, Will: 16

Vitality:
HP: 41, Bloodied: 20, Surge value: 10, Surges: 8
Speed: 6, AP: 1

Languages:
Common, Goblin, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Supernal

Basic Attacks:
Melee: +11 vs AC, 1d12+6
Ranged: +4 vs AC, 1d8

Powers:
Thundering Armor, Magic Weapon
Scouring Weapon, Force Infusion
Caustic Rampart

Weapons:
Staff of Ruin +1, Vengefull Fullblate +1, Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Kisuke_Kurosaki]I was ready to accept up to 6 players, so if you want to join, that will be the final crew. What character do you have?[/SBLOCK]

drothgery

First Post
"I have no further questions." Narvala says.

[sblock=min-stats]Narvala ir'—Female Human Invoker 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 24
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 19, Will: 21; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -5 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Blades of Astral Fire
Divine Call
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (2)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Arkavas takes the map and takes a close look at it, but doesn't seems to figure anything more than what he has said. He can't even confirm who made the map, but the map seems accurate enough.

Impact

First Post
Excuse me

[sblock=ooc]Sorry to butt in, but if there is room, could I join? I just finished creating Radtash, a Level 4 Kalashtar Cleric. He is submitted, but not approved. Thank you![/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases