Core Rulebook availability?

Mercurius

Legend
I finally decided to buy the book--I'm not sure if I'll ever play it, but I like Pathfinder products and after taking a look at this beauty I figure it was worth at least the "ARP" of $31.49 to add to my collection. Anyhow, Amazon said that it will ship in 1 or 2 months, which I think is standard for when they have something on back-order. When I go to my order page, it has an estimated shipping date of Oct 5-28, which I can live with but would prefer to get it sooner. There is another online store that I could get it for about $39 including shipping, and probably get it by late next week, but money is a bit tight and I like the lower price. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows when more will be printed, and thus when Amazon might have them in stock. Am I really looking at mid to late October? I'm tempted to just cancel the Amazon order and pay the $8 more...

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Paizo's said the Core Rulebook is sold out. While they don't have any that means whatever is out there for distributors is what's available until the reprint later this year.

Might sound odd, but have you tried a local game store? I've known a couple of folks who, dismayed at it's unavailability online asked their FLGS who was able to score them a copy in a day or two.

-DM Jeff

Mercurius

Legend
As I said, money is a concern (I'm a private school teacher and support a family of four) so the $12-19 makes a difference. I would prefer supporting a game store, but...

Treebore

First Post
The new printing may be available as early as October, but November is the "expected" street date of the new printing.

Roland55

First Post
Not sure how or why, but some additional copies just showed up at my preferred LGS's in Northern Virginia. Perhaps more will become available near you.

Economics can basically be boiled down into time vs. money. The more money you'll willing to spend, the less time it will take. The more time you're willing to spend, the less it will cost.

Since you don't need the book right now, I think you're better off waiting until Amazon restocks. The Pathfinder rules are avialable for free online right now if you really want to check them out.

frankthedm

First Post
When supply is low
and demand is high
the frugal don't buy

What is the charge for an enworld marketplace advert? Offer $32 US [including shipping] for the core book. You probably won't get any takers, but there is always a chance someone might think the book should have been called Nerffinder and wish to be rid of it.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Not sure how or why, but some additional copies just showed up at my preferred LGS's in Northern Virginia. Perhaps more will become available near you.

This might be some of the leftovers from Gen Con or a few of the reserve books we held back in the event that our original Gen Con shipment got delayed in customs or whatever. In any event, the amount of books that we managed to get back went pretty much right into the Hobby Store distribution, as far as I know. There SHOULD be Pathfinder Core RPGs showing up now and then in FLGSs as a result here and there before the big for-real reprint hits in a month or two.

Votan

Explorer
I finally decided to buy the book--I'm not sure if I'll ever play it, but I like Pathfinder products and after taking a look at this beauty I figure it was worth at least the "ARP" of $31.49 to add to my collection. Anyhow, Amazon said that it will ship in 1 or 2 months, which I think is standard for when they have something on back-order. When I go to my order page, it has an estimated shipping date of Oct 5-28, which I can live with but would prefer to get it sooner. There is another online store that I could get it for about $39 including shipping, and probably get it by late next week, but money is a bit tight and I like the lower price. Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows when more will be printed, and thus when Amazon might have them in stock. Am I really looking at mid to late October? I'm tempted to just cancel the Amazon order and pay the $8 more...

I saw aboput a dozen in my local game sore today when I purchased my copy. It was the second Paizo book I ever bought [the well done campaign setting convinced me to try to core rulenbook] and the inside was well done.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases